Can You Smile

seonqyeols' Songfic one-shot shop! /close/

 

Song: Can You Smile (by Infinite)

Pairing: WooGyu (Woohyun X Sunggyu), YaDong (Dongwoo X Hoya), MyungYeol (Myungsoo X Sungyeol) and Sungjong X Minwoo

Specially for: Little_Phoenix

Word Count: 1249

 

The eight of them all hurdle comfortably around a campfire, the orange flames seeming to their vision, and they blink sporadically, all of them shivering in the coldness of mid-winter. It is nearing christmas, and these eight boys were put together in a group, for a missionary trip to Nepal. Plus, it’s during winter, and the living conditions there were not very favourable. Nevertheless, they’re happy that they’re able to help the villagers there.

 

They were all broken up into couples, so they enjoyed each other’s company. Tonight, they were given free time around a campfire that was sloppily set, and all of them reach their hands out toward the fire, wishing that they’d grow warmer.

“…we’re sitting like this, around a campfire, reminds me of school camps when I was much younger,” Minwoo grins, flashing his teeth. Sungjong then adds on to his boyfriend’s words, “Feels like we should just talk everything out.”

Woohyun nods in agreement, “Yeah, we should.”

Minwoo suggests, “Okay, I’ll give a topic, and we all have to say something about it.”

“Neh!” they chorus. Minwoo chuckles, “Relationship problems, for Myungsoo and Sungyeol.”

 

They all lapse into an uncomfortable silence before Myungsoo clears his throat, signaling that’s he about to speak. Sungyeol, his boyfriend, eyes him incredulously; and the other guys are just surprised that Myung is willing to talk about his “relationship problems”, even when his boyfriend is right there.

“When Yeol and I were together, I often toyed with the idea of breaking up,” Myungsoo begins, hearing a few of them gasp. Sungyeol looks at the floor, using a stick to poke into the thick layer of snow.

Sungjong questions further, “Why did you even want think of breaking up with him?”

Myungsoo’s eyebrows knit toward each other, “As all of you might know, I’m actually a very quiet person, who doesn’t give an actual , about anything.”

Dongwoo coughs, stifling a a chuckle.

 

“Anyways,” Myung continues, “Sungyeol’s personality contradicted mine. He was always cheerful, and ridiculously immature.”

This time, Dongwoo couldn’t take it anymore, and laughs out loud. His contagious laughter spread amongst the eight boys.

“Okay, Myungsoo, keep going on,” Minwoo says with a smile.

Myungsoo frowns once again, “When we started dating, I felt like I was stealing away Sungyeol’s happiness. He never smiled the same again. I started convincing myself that I couldn’t have him with only my heart, and that whatever I did, it just wasn’t the same as when we still were nothing but mere friends. The both us were ecstatic at first, but then things didn’t turn out the way it was supposed to be.”

Sungyeol, turning upset as he hears his own boyfriend talking about their past relationship problems, looks down at snow and hides his face behind his scarf.

Myungsoo clears his throat again, sensing the tense atmosphere, before breaking out into nervous laughter, “Guys, chill. I’m not finished yet. So, there was once I actually initiated a break-up with him. He thought that I was crazy, and asked if I was okay. All I said was just for him to go, because I thought that the relationship was just making him sadder. But it turns out, that I’m just over paranoid. We cried a lot on that day, but I realised that I shouldn’t let my insecurities and unnecessary fears get the best of me. So our relationship went on a whole new, level because of this.”

Sungyeol smiles into the thick fabric of his scarf, the six other boys clapping.

 

“Okay!” Minwoo exclaims, “Now a topic for Dongwoo and Howon: something that you dislike about each other.”

Dongwoo and Howon both gulp at the knowledge of having to discuss about that sensitive topic.

 

Dongwoo then clears his throat, speaking first, “When we fight, Howon’s really scary. Sometimes he tells me that the things I do, and that the things I say, make him die inside. Hell, when he’s angry, his voice is always filled with rage. Freaks the out of people.”

Howon glares at Dongwoo, and the wild-eyed boy just chuckles anxiously.

“For Dongwoo, I don’t like how he’s able to laugh at any goddamn situation,” Howon tries to sound angry. The other guys erupt in laughter, but Dongwoo actually looks hurt. Then elbowing his ribs, Howon tries to salvage this by teasing his boyfriend, “But it does help ease the tension sometimes. I still love him any way.”

Everybody laughs again as the both of them break out in a blush, after realising what they’ve said.

 

Sungjong then announces with a wide grin, “Woohyun and Sunggyu hyungs’ turn!”

Minwoo wriggles his eyebrows, “I’ll let you guys have an easy topic then: things you like most about each other.”

Myungsoo, Sungyeol, Howon and Dongwoo let out noises of vexation, wondering why they received such sensitive topics, but Woohyun and Sunggyu got a topic they could discuss about to show off their love for each other.

Sunggyu laughs embarrassedly, “The thing I like most about Woohyun, is that when I’m down, he’ll do anything to make me happy again. And that during tough times, he still tries to look happy, so that the people around him wouldn’t worry for him. As greasy as he is on the exterior, he’s really mature inside.”

Woohyun laughs shyly, pecking on Gyu’s cheek, as the other guys cheer for them.

Namu then throws his arm around his boyfriend’s shoulder, pulling him closer to him, admitting, “Well, my favourite thing about Gyu, is his smile. I’ll literally die for his smile. I never want that smile off his face, because it exudes such genuine happiness. It’s so beautiful.”

Sungyeol yells, “Aigo, this is so cheesy! Yah! Nam Woohyun, you’re so greasy!”

Dongwoo automatically laughs and Gyu can feel his cheeks reddening.

 

Howon clasps his hands melodramatically, “Well, Jongie, and Minwoo, your turn! Topic: your first kiss. Sungjong describe the kiss, and Minwoo describe the feelings you experienced during the kiss.”

Sungyeol sneers at them. Myungsoo’s ears perk up in interest, even though he pretends that he can’t care less. Dongwoo’s still laughing, forever and always.

 

Sungjong blinks his eyes adorably, “Erm… our first kiss was simple. Just a gentle touch on the lips. Not hardcore.”

Everybody frowns at his lack of explanation, so Minwoo cuts in, “Yeah, the kiss was simple on the exterior, but so much more on the interior! It was beautiful, and conveyed the words of a youthful confession, without talking. We were so close to each other, our noses already touching. And Sungjong’s breath… I still remember it smelt of lemon candy.”

Minwoo smiles as he starts immersing himself in the memories of their kiss. Sungjong just blushes.

 

Woohyun then shrugs, winking, “I’m not the only greasy one here!”

The group then continues chatting all the way into the night, gazing at the blanket of stars that cover the sky. When they finally leave the campfire dreadfully to walk back into the tiny pensions they’re staying in, Myungsoo pulls Sungyeol back suddenly, letting the others walk first.

“Sungyeol?”

“Yeah?”

“You’re okay with me, telling the others about our problems right?”

“Yeah, of course! Feels nice, that we’ve finally let this out our chest, and that we’ve finally proven to them, that it’s the imperfections of a relationship that makes it perfect.”

“Yeol baby… I love you.”

“I know, I love you too.”

“Then can you smile?”

 

Sungyeol’s lips curl into a breathtakingly beautiful smile. Myungsoo then crash his lips onto Yeol’s.


 

A/N: I can't even emphasize on how fail this one-shot is, I'm sorry that you have to bear with this crap. Because there were many couples involved, I couldn't write a one-shot with a more decent plot. Still, cookies for you if you can find bits of the lyrics in this one-shot hehe! I hope this isn't as cliche and hard to understand as it is to me for you. However, thanks for requesting xoxo! And I hope you enjoy this! If you don't understand the plot, write on my wall and please diss me, because this one-shot /sobs a river/