We Fell In Love

seonqyeols' Songfic one-shot shop! /close/

Song: We Fell In Love (by Jokwon and Gain)

Pairing: Sungyeol X You

Specially for: ISpeakFiction

Word Count: 1074

 

Sungyeol watches you tuck your knees toward your chest, tears running down your cheeks. He squeezes your shoulders, unknowing of exactly what to do to comfort you. He gives up shoving food in your face and forcing you to eat everything up, or guarding the toilet so you wouldn’t try to purge. He just stays in your room, watching you cry or sleep the days away. Both of you are the best of friends, but sometimes you feel like he’s your other half.

You don’t even know what has happened to you, or how you’ve turned into such a wreck. Wiping away your tears, you pull open your shirt, revealing just abit of your stomach. You remember how everybody made fun of you in school, for being the fat kid, for being overweight, for not looking skinny enough to fit in with everybody else. Your friends always told you not to care, but never once did they stand up for you.

Only Sungyeol did.                                                                                                         

At first, your forced yourself not to give a . You lived through everything with a fake smile, your heart aching when you have to hear those words of insults. Soon, you convinced yourself that you’re just like what the others said: fat, useless, ugly.

Only Sungyeol saw something in you the others didn’t.

There are days you starve. There are also days you binge then purge. It’s gotten so bad that you parents have to send you to a therapist, and you end up taking anti-depressants. Sungyeol has to stay over most of the time, since your parents are workaholics and they usually work out of the country. They don’t understand you, or venture too deep into your thoughts, and they think it’s just a phase.

Only Sungyeol understood you. He’d hug you to sleep. Sometimes you think that the both of you act as though you’re more than friends, but it’s not like you care.

Because deep inside, some part of you has acknowledged that the both of you clearly fell for each other.


Sungyeol caresses your cheek, his finger tracing your jaw line. Knowing you are asleep, he daringly leans closer to you, pecking at your forehead. He then smiles sheepishly, his face immediately breaking out into a shade of crimson.

You are so beautiful, if you only knew. So what if you were overweight back then? Because now, you’re just skin and bones. You don’t even smile like before, your eyes don’t shine like they used to. Do you still remember the first day we met? I was your partner for Bio class, and hell, I tried pulling every prank on Earth on you that’s possible, just to try to ease the awkwardness between us. Then we got close, too close, I think, sometimes. On the days we’re apart, or just the hour I’m away from you because we’re not in the same class for a particular subject, I’ll begin missing you. And now, worrying for you. I hope you don’t feel as though I’m too clingy, because I honestly care, and I want to protect you.

Sungyeol runs his fingers through your hair, whispering, “Do you love me too?”

But you can’t hear him for you are already sleeping, and he just stays there, smiling sadly.


Your eyes flutter open, as sunlight pours into the room. Sungyeol’s still sitting by your bedside, but this time he’s already sleeping.

“Silly boy,” your lips manage to curl up into the ghost of a smile. Sungyeol can be easily woken up, so even though you’re just whispering, he manages to hear you.

“Hmm?” he asks, dazed. You roll your eyes, “Pabo, what are you still doing here for?”

“…I like watching you sleep,” he admits, scratching his head. You stifle a gasp, your cheeks flushing.

Sungyeol reveals a silly grin, “I wish we can stay like this forever, as in the both us, being happy, forever.”

You look down, “What makes you think that I’m happy?”

“I promise I will make you happy,” he reaches out his hand to pat your head.

“I don’t think I’m worth it, you know,” you whisper quietly. He hears you, then he frowns, “Well, for one thing, I think you’re beautiful.”

“Don’t lie. You and I know that I’m a monster,” you try not to choke on your tears.

His eyebrows knit toward each other, “Society is the monster, not you.”

You just shake your head. He grits his teeth in vexation, then he grabs you by the shoulders, “You always tell me you think that no one cares, but no, I care.”

You look away, the tears threatening to flow down, yet once again. Sometimes you think you’ve ruined Sungyeol, you always make him so worried about you. He used to be laughing at the stupidest of things everyday, but now you hardly even see him smile.

So you shake your head, “I must be a burden to you.”

Sungyeol looks down at the floor, “How can you be a burden to me, when in all honesty, you’re the best thing that’s happened to me?”

The atmosphere turns tense.

To relieve the tension, you force yourself to plaster a smile across your face, declaring, “Well, Yeol, you’re the best thing that’s happened to me as well.”

As if it sparked off something in him, he looks over you, leaning towards you, his breath smoldering your face. You sink your head into the pillow deeper, wondering what is to come. Then, ever so gently, as if if he’s too forceful you might break, he plants a kiss onto your lips. You close your eyes, drowning in the moment. Sungyeol wants to slide his tongue into your mouth, letting it intertwine with yours, to build a connection based on the memories he has of the both of you spending time together.

I wonder if you feel the same way. Can you hear my heartbeat, or the eruption of butterflies in my tummy? Do you know how much you mean to me now? You mean the world, the ing world.

Breathlessly breaking away, you throw your arms around Sungyeol.

I don’t know how I didn’t notice it before, but I think I’ve finally found you.

“Do you love me too?” Sungyeol asks again, but this time, you’re awake.

You just nod your head, ignoring everything else for once; ignoring your self-hatred; ignoring the world.

And somewhere along the lines, we fell in love.


A/N: First time writing a ____ X You fic and it's sorta hard for me, so this one-shot didn't turn out good, sorry ;_____; But I hope you enjoy this, and thanks for requesting xoxo!