Bubble Pop

seonqyeols' Songfic one-shot shop! /close/

 

Song: Bubble Pop (by HyunA)

Pairing: Sungjong X Joanne Kim (OC)

Specially for: SJLoverTillDeath

Word Count: 1008

 

 

There’s something about the new girl, Joanne Kim, that Sungjong has his eyes on. It’s not like she’s the prettiest girl in school, but even the way she dresses screams ‘confident’ and it’s the way she exudes so much confidence that attracts him. It’s crazy how his eyes never leave her, how she doesn’t bother to fit in with the rest of the in school, how she talks to the kids with supposedly “lower social status” than others like they’ve known each other forever, how she can easily stand out in a crowd.

Sungjong is the typical pretty boy, the one who hangs out with the popular guys. He’s always flirted with, but it’s not like he spends the time to give an actual . He doesn’t see anything in just decorated exteriors, he actually looks into people’s interiors. He prefers people with depth to them… people like Joanne Kim.

He sighs, wondering how he’s never able to keep that girl off his mind. He can only watch her from afar, and obsess over her features, her voice, everything. Slowly the infatuation grows into something more and he figures out that he really has to talk to her before his emotions get the best of him.

The first time they talk, Joanne is cold towards him. And then every other time they talk, she would pretend not to care about the conversation, when deep inside, she’s always analyzing his personality. Sungjong never gives up on her though, there’s something about the way she pushes him away that could spark off such a strong interest in him, and he takes her as a challenge.

Sungjong teases Joanne all the time. He pulls her along to meet his friends during lunch time and he loves it when she snaps at him to stop. He walks her home with her glaring at him and calling him a “stupid stalker”. When Joanne dances to girl group dances alone in the dance studio, Sungjong would catch her and laugh at her and prove to her that he dances better. Then they would have dance-offs and Joanne would get all y up at him.

“Will you be my girlfriend?” Sungjong once asked Joanne. She blushes a little before sticking her tongue out at him, “Sure, if you can handle my mood swings, my attitude. I won’t be that committed little girl, in fact I won’t be like the others who only know how to flirt with you.”

Sungjong looks down, “Isn’t that why I love you? Bleh, I’m just kidding!”

Joanne whacks him hard and runs away playfully with him chasing after her, but deep inside she wonders why it hurt so much to know that he was joking about this.

Joanne and Sungjong, after one year of such a complicated yet amusing friendship, begin to realise of them developing feelings for each other. And because of this, Joanne lets her confidence heighten to a point where she starts acting like a real . She stops hanging out with Sungjong, instead she parties every night at places she used to complain about, she doesn’t answer Jong’s phonecalls or reply his texts anymore. Subconsciously, she has decided to push him away.

And Sungjong wouldn’t accept this. He needed her, it was at this point that he realised, he actually loved her.

One night, he stays outside her house, waiting for her to come home. It’s late, but he doesn’t care. When the dark indigo sky finally overtakes the once azure blue one, Joanne finally returns home. She’s surpised to find Sungjong waiting there alone but still rolls her eyes at him anyway.

That sickening confidence he used to love most about her, is now something he wishes to destroy at the moment.

Sungjong pulls Joanne into a hug, leaving her breathless. He doesn’t let her go.

“What the is this for?” Joanne almost yells.

“What has happened to you, Jo? And to us?” Sungjong screams, exuding a certain manliness not many has seen before. Joanne gasps in surprise, her eyes instantaneously darting away, “What do you mean?”

“You used to hate people who around, now you’re not any different. You keep on avoiding me while you’re at it, too. What point are you trying to prove?” Sungjong tries to even out his breathing, which is growing rapid with every passing second.

“Why do you even ing care? And if you’re my friend, you would accept the way I’m changing,” her voice is masked with such disgusting rage.

“You aren’t changing, you’re ing turning into somebody you’re not supposed to turn into! You’re running away from your ing self!”

“And do you even know why I’m doing this? Do you even ing know?”

Sungjong pulls her closer towards him, crashing his lips into hers, not letting her explain herself. And she admits defeat to his dominance, their tongues working at each other in such beautiful sychronization.

Breaking away, Joanne says breathlessly, “Because I love you.”

Tears run down her face and Sungjong’s heart squeezes. It’s his first time seeing Joanne cry.

Then he smiles, “I love you too.”

Joanne starts hitting his chest and whining, “What the hell! You never told me earlier, you pabo! All this time I’ve been trying to push you away and you just never did.”

Sungjong chuckles dryly as she continues screaming, “I thought you hated me and my mood swings, and I was so afraid that if I fell too hard for you and we end up being apart from each other, I wouldn’t be able to take it, I would live in so much regret having fallen for you in the first place – “

“Shh,” Sungjong whispers, putting a finger to her lips.

Joanne pouts, her eyes still glistening, “See? You wouldn’t even let me rant! You like bursting my bubble!”

Sungjong laughs for real now, “I’ve always liked defeating you.”

She glares, “I’m not a toy, and I’m irreplaceable.”

He brushes her fringe aside, “I know, and I love you, isn’t that what matters most?”


 

A/N: I hope the plot isn't too confusing! Maybe if you search up the english translation it would ease the confusion. And sorry, it's so crappy ;_____; But thanks for requesting anw and hope you enjoy xoxo!