Before the Dawn

seonqyeols' Songfic one-shot shop! /close/

 

Song: Before The Dawn by Infinite

Pairing: MyungZy (Myungsoo X Suzy) / MyungYeol (Myungsoo X Sungyeol)

Specially for: wings_halo

Word count: 1039

 

Sungyeol doesn’t even have the energy to cry anymore, for he’s cried enough. His eyes feel swollen, and his arms, now covered with crimson slits, just feel numb. His body is like an emotionless void, and his heart is beating so quietly, it’s as though he has no heartbeat at all.

Drained, empty, left with nothing.

How can rejection hurt this much? Sungyeol, don’t be such a pabo. You knew Myungsoo never liked you, you knew he only had eyes for Suzy. Why did you even confess to him? You just put him in pain, in ing burden. Face it, you mean nothing, whether if it’s to this world, or to Myungsoo, or to even anyone at all. Even your family, the rest of your friends. You’re nothing, you’re a shell of what you used to be.

 

Sungyeol shuts his eyes, arm reaching out for the bottle of pills on the drawer, his hands shaking violently, his mind already telling him what to do. He needed to get rid of himself: because to not feel invisible, you have to be invisible. You have to be destroyed.

His slowly opens the bottle, his fingers playing with little capsules. Then he just rams all the pills down his throat, almost choking.

Wow, Sungyeol, you’re finally going to die.

 

He lays on his bed motionless, just listening to his heartbeat, counting his heartbeat, desperate for it to finally stop.

One by one.

 

Sungyeol gazes out the bedside window, studying the sky, noticing it’s lightening up. Then he smirks, realising that dawn is about to come. He wonders how can dying before the dawn, feel so goddamn beautiful.

 

His eyes close and darkness engulfs him, finally leaving him dead.


Sungyeol committed suicide.

Just hearing these three words tore his insides apart. Myungsoo falls to his knees, tears freely running down his face as he screams into nothing, wondering if all of this was his fault. The sore feeling in his chest is almost unbearable, and he bites his lower lip, so hard that he could taste his own blood.

Suzy, feeling like an absolute wreck, doesn’t know what to do. She doesn’t know how to comfort his boyfriend, she didn’t even know how much Sungyeol meant to Myungsoo.

Can a broken friendship even hurt this much? Or is it more than friendship?

 

She shakes her head, not letting these stupid thoughts ruin her, and her ability to control the matter at hand, first. She walks towards Myungsoo, hand running up and down his back in comfort. Then she kneels down beside Myungsoo, whispering into his hear, “He wouldn’t like it if he saw you like this.”

“Does it even matter, if I can never see him again?!” he screams angrily.

Now, I have to be his punching bag, great.

 

“It’s not your fault, Myungsoo. Stop aggravating yourself over this, please,” she says pleadingly.

“Do you even know what happened? No, you don’t. It’s all my fault, I should die in his goddamn place.”

“Stop talking about yourself like this, Myungsoo!” Suzy turns frustrated, tears springing to life in her eyes.

“I said, you don’t know what happened!”

“Then tell me! I’m your girlfriend, and only you would know how much it hurts for me to see you like this,” she begs him.

Myungsoo gazes into her eyes , pity biting at the edges of his heart. Then he looks at the ground, voice trembling, “He confe-fessed to me… that he liked me… t-two days ago.”

 

Suzy felt her heart drop. Not in pain, but in shock. Pure, utter shock.

“…what did you tell him?” her voice comes out shaking as well.

“I told him I couldn’t be with him, because I only loved you.”

 

Suzy just wraps her arms around Myungsoo, letting the boy sob as he lays against her chest. 


After the funeral ended, Myungsoo couldn’t stop thinking about Sungyeol. He wondered if it was because of the guilt, or that maybe it was because he himself actually developed feelings for Yeol subconsciously, but just never realised it.  He tosses and turns in bed, trying his best to forget about everything and just sleep.

 

He remembers it all. How Sungyeol and him used to hate each other when they first met, how Yeol pulled pranks Myungsoo just to piss him off, how Yeol’s family fell apart when he was only thirteen and Myungsoo saw him cry for the first time; how they graduated from middle school together, how they teased each other about . And everything came down to this: a ing end.

 

He opens his eyes, blinking the tears away. Then deciding that he just couldn’t sleep anymore, he saunters into the kitchen, pouring a glass of water for himself. Then he sits by the window, gazing at the twinkling stars that are carefully sewn into the night sky, memories of him and Yeol running through his mind.

 

Myungsoo: Hehe, Yeol, you never really told me who you liked.

Sungyeol: Stupid Myungpoop, I-I’m not t-telling you!

Myungsoo: Ohh, someone’s shy.

Sungyeol: Shut up, okay!

Myungsoo: At least tell me what he’s like!

Sungyeol: …well, he’s cold and distant on the exterior, but soft on the interior.

Myungsoo: Does he mean a lot to you?

Sungyeol: He means the world to me. But I don’t think I mean anything to him at all.

Myungsoo: Phew.

Sungyeol: Why phew?!

Myungsoo: Because the guy sounded like me, but when you said you didn’t mean anything to him, I knew it couldn’t be me. You mean so much to me, you know.

 

Myungsoo starts to cry again, as he remembers how stupid he was back then. He loved Suzy but really, deep inside, nothing could compare to how much he loved Sungyeol instead. All this time, he was just lying to himself. And now, because of his mistakes, he had lost a friend.

 

The sky outside starts to turn pink, announcing the arrival of dawn. The sun slowly creeps above the horizon. Amazed by the sunrise, Myungsoo just sits and watches.

And he almost had to squint his eyes, to catch a faint silhouette of Sungyeol, floating in the sky, waving towards him, with a sad smile on his face.

 

Myungsoo’s heart skips a beat.


A/N: I hope the plot wasn't too confusing! e____e Anyways I hope you enjoy the fic! ♥