My My

seonqyeols' Songfic one-shot shop! /close/

 

Song: My My (by A Pink)

Pairing: Yoon Sooyoung (OC) X Yang Yoseob

Specially for: YYS_SILVER

Word Count: 1211

 

Yoon Sooyoung is the average kid, the one nobody seemed to bother about. She has soft brown hair, a pair of lifeless eyes, and lips that parted like rose petals. She blends in with the crowd good enough that she doesn’t even have to try to fit in, but most of the time, she feels invisible. Over the years, she’s grown to become a very analytical person.

So during winter break, every morning as she stares out the window to gaze into what she used to label as “nothingness”, she finds a boy she’s never seen before, always playing with the snow on the ground by himself. She observes little things like how the boy loves humming to himself, how the boy has really full cheeks you want to pinch at sight, how he raises his hands up to let the snowflakes melt into his hands before he actually them.

He looks so young, yet Sooyoung thinks that if you look close enough and into his eyes, behind the youthful aura he exuded, his eyes actually hide depth to them.

Sometimes, he’ll lean his back against the big pine tree, and cry his heart out, without knowing he’s being watched. She frowns, wondering what’s wrong with him, why is he always playing by himself, why one moment he’s smiling like an idiot, and crying his eyes out at the next.

Is he bipolar?

Sooyoung’s only eight, but growing up in a family which expects the best out of her, she’s crazily mature. She knows she couldn’t care about the new boy, but one month into the winter break, she couldn’t stop watching the boy, as if she’s grown infatuated with him.

Then towards the end of winter break, she cannot take it any longer. She sneaks out of the house and says hi to the boy. Little did they know, they would bicker like husband and wife, laugh like hyenas together at stupid things. She even brings food out of the house for him. She’s mostly quiet whenever she’s around others, but being with the boy triggers a side personality to her, something she’s never shown anyone else before.

“My name is Sooyoung, what’s your name?”

“Yoseob. Yang Yoseob!”

Sooyoung loves growing up. It’s as if puberty helps accommodate her mind with a much more mature body. She likes the feeling of being overwhelmed by stronger emotions, unlike in the past, how she can never really give a about anything or anyone, besides Yang Yoseob. However, for Yoseob, growing up comes with pain, and with the realization that he’s never going to achieve his dreams.

Sooyoung: You have a really nice voice, Seobie.

Yoseob: Thanks, Soo. You know, I’ve always wanted to be a singer… some sort of a musician.

Sooyoung: …then try?

Yoseob: The world isn’t as simple as we think, you and I know that. And to be honest, I’m afraid.


 

24 December 2007

The house is crowded with guests celebrating Christmas eve. Sooyoung, now fifteen and gorgeous, really hated parties. She just stays by the window, greeting people if necessary, always looking out for her best friend and seeing if he’s gonna play in the snow tonight.

She opens the window, reaching her hand out to touch the snowflakes. They shake, just like how her heart trembles. She’s happy for Yoseob, really, but the thought of her leaving the town, leaves bitterness eating at her heart.

Yoseob: I’m accepted into Cube! As a trainee!

Sooyoung: That’s great, Seob!

Yoseob: But Soo, I’m leaving after Christmas.

 

Sooyoung touches her chest, as if it would relieve the sore ache. She’s gonna miss him, his voice, the way he cries when he talks about how ruined this society is, his eyes that glimmer in the sunlight.

Dear boy, I fell in love on a snowy day, she whispers into plain nothingness, desperately wanting to see Yoseob before he leaves town.

Suddenly, the church bell rings, signaling it’s midnight.


 

25 December 2007

Sooyoung hears the guests singing Merry Christmas and she rolls her eyes. Not giving a damn anymore, she climbs out of the window and jumps off, landing on the snow with a bruised knee. Ignoring the pain, and the fact that her parents might go ballistic when they find out that she’s gone, she sprints towards Yoseob’s house, knocking on the door incessantly, her knuckles hurting in the process.

A dazed Mr Yang opens the door and Sooyoung bows out of politeness, before asking without bothering to hide the hint of desperation in her voice, “Where’s Yoseob?”

The man calls out for Yoseob and Sooyoung feels her heart jumping rapidly. Yoseob runs out of the house with a smile, pulling the girl into a hug, “Merry Christmas!”

Sooyoung laughs merrily, “Merry Christmas, Seob!”

Yoseob pulls himself away from her, suddenly gazing at her very seriously, “You do know I’m leaving, and to meet each other again, it’ll take a very long time, right?”

Sooyoung nods hesitantly, tears filling up in her eyes.

Yoseob caresses her cheek, “Soo, don’t cry…”

 

This is the moment, isn’t it? Sooyoung’s shivering, not because of the coldness, but of the anxiety. She’s so worried if she doesn’t say it now, she’ll never get a chance to. A confession plays at her lips, as she begins to grow giddy.

“Sooyoung, are you okay?”

“No, I’m not okay. I need to tell you something,” Sooyoung looks down, her stomach ending up in knots.

“Kay, what, Soo? Quick. I don’t want to leave without having anything unsaid.”

 

Sooyoung doesn’t even have to tip toe, as Yoseob’s only a few centimetres taller than her. She plants a gentle kiss onto Yoseob’s lips, a blush creeping up onto both their cheeks. After a few seconds, she quickly moves away, about to run off, hoping the kiss conveyed the confession she’s always kept inside.

I love you, Yang Yoseob. You’re my first love, and always will be.

“Soo!” he screams after her as she lets her legs carry her forward, “I love you too!”


 

25 December 2008

Sooyoung lets the snowflakes melt in her hand, just like how Yoseob would. Everyday she misses him. It’s like she’s lost a part of her. But she feels proud that he’s on his way to being somebody he’s always wanted to be: a musician. Yoseob never came back, even his parents left, so she loses hope that he’d come back to see her this Christmas.

It feels strange though. Whenever she’s happy, she wants to call out for him, and share her joy with him. Whenever she’s upset, she has the urge to cry with him and pour out all her troubles on him.

Now that he’s gone –

 

‘Soo!” Sooyoung gasps, hearing a familiar voice from behind her. She turns around, nervous, her ears ringing. He can’t possibly come back now that she’s thinking about him, right?

“Seob!” she cries out, still not believing that he’s here.

 

The both of them wrap their arms around each other, absorbing each other’s familiar scent, sharing a different type of warmth. Then Yoseob pecks her cheek and whispers into her ear, I’ll be yours forever, as long as you’ll be mine.

Sooyoung reveals a genuine smile, one that she hasn’t for a really long time.


 

A/N: Meh, this isn't good. Sorry for another crappy one-shot, I seriously at writing non- (and one-shots with more than one pairing/non-angsty). Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy the fic, and thanks for requesting, xoxo! I love A Pink, and I am a Namjoo and Eunji stan!