Come Back Again

seonqyeols' Songfic one-shot shop! /close/

 

Song: Come Back Again (by Infinite)

Pairing: Sungjong X Son Yunmin (fictional)

Specially for: SJLoverTillDeath

Word Count: 1029

 

Sungjong was a pretty boy who somehow, still managed to exude masculinity. Yunmin loved him so much that it hurt, and when things began to hurt, he knew he had to leave.

 

3 Sep 2011

Yunmin couldn’t believe that Sungjong forsook his surprise birthday celebrations for him, to go hang out with his other friends in a bar. Yunmin just couldn’t stand how he put so much effort in decorating their apartment, preparing a nice meal, and stocking many little presents in Jong’s room.

“I can’t come home right now, baby. I’m at a bar,” Sungjong speaks casually into his phone.

“But we were supposed to celebrate your birthday together,” Yunmin looks at the floor. He knows that he should be the one feeling angry, but yet he’s still worried that he might be sounding too harsh. He didn’t want to lose Sungjong just because of some stupid argument, not caring if this made him sound paranoid.   

“Yunminnie, look, I know we’re together, but my life can’t be possibly revolving around us, all the time.”

“Hyung, but my life revolves around you…” Yunmin blurts out, sounding cheesy. He can almost imagine Sungjong rolling his eyes at him.

“Baby, I love you, but I just can’t make it, okay?”

“…then can I join you at the bar? I really wanna celebrate your birthday with you,” Yunmin shuts his eyes, wondering why is he even trying so hard.

There’s an awkward silence.

 

“Minnie, just stay at home. I’ll be back soon.”

You’re ashamed of me, aren’t you? I know you just don’t want your friends to see me. Fine.

“Soon? How long more? It’s already 11 pm,” Yunmin sighs, trying his best to not express any hint of anger, holding his breath as he awaits Sungjong’s answer.

“Goddammit, Yunmin, I’ll come back when I want to. Shut up,” Jong slams down the phone.

Is it even right for him to be angry with me?

 

Yunmin plops himself on the sofa, exhausted, both mentally and physically. He’s so sick of being the only one who’s committed to the relationship. Not that Sungjong cheats, and Jong loves him, he knows that. But how Sungjong’s acting these past few months, is just proof that Jong needs a break, that he’s tired of Yunmin. Yunmin doesn’t even know why he’s playing with the idea of breaking up with the man he loves most, he just knows that he’s thinking for Jong, and not for himself.

To be honest, he’s tired as well. Not of Jong, for that he will never be, but just tired of having to commit himself to something that’s painfully redundant.

He uses all his strength to pull himself up from the sofa, deciding that maybe both of them needed to be away from each other for awhile.

 

Tears spring to life in his eyes as he stumbles toward his bedroom, and packing up all his clothes into his luggage really slowly, in hope that maybe Sungjong would come back before he could leave, and that Jong would ask Yunmin to stay. But two hours passed when Yunmin finally packs everything up, and Sungjong’s still not back yet.

We didn’t even celebrate a second of your birthday together.

 

Then, wordlessly, he unlocks the door and leaves the house.


 

14 Dec 2011

It’s already past 1 AM, Sungjong realises, chuckling to himself.  He rolls from one side of the bed to the other, convincing himself that there’s no empty space on the bed, that Yunmin is still here, sleeping next to him. He closes his eyes, remembering how Yunmin would always press himself against Sungjong’s chest, sleeping quietly. Sungjong would watch how his chest rises and falls, taking in his sweet scent of vanilla perfume.

He’s not here anymore, and it’s all your fault.

 

Sungjong then takes up the courage to open his eyes, realising that Yunmin is gone, for real. Sungjong doesn’t even cry, he just smiles bitterly.

During the two weeks since Yunmin left their apartment, Sungjong has spent all his time phone calling him and leaving him text messages, all his efforts in vain. He even visited Yunmin’s old house, knowing that he would be there but when he knocks on the door, nobody opens it for him.

He thinks to himself, Even Minnie’s family hates me. Great.

 

Time is supposed to heal everything, but Sungjong knows that the memories themselves are scars. The worst part is, he knows that he was the one at fault, that whatever he did, he just couldn’t bring Yunmin back anymore. He doesn’t even know what Yunmin wants from him, why he left silently in the first place. But Sungjong knew that he was willing to change for Yunmin.

 

He starts thinking about their relationship, scrutinizing every memory in detail. The first few months, Sungjong was always with Yunmin, caressing him, treating him as though only the both of them belonged to the world.

Then towards the end, Sungjong grew stressed because of work. He never really told Yunmin though, not wanting things to be a burden for him. He only ended up neglecting Yunmin, and started hanging out with his colleagues, far too often to spend time with the one he truly loved.

I don’t want this. I need a happy ending, and this time, I’m gonna be the one who’ll fix this mess.

 

Sungjong whips out his mobile phone, fingers shaking, as he decides to text Sungjong. He’s stopped trying to find him for about three weeks already, but now it didn’t really matter.

 

To: Yunminnie

Dashi dorawa, Yunmin. Please come back again. Let’s talk about it, it won’t take long. Please just give a chance, to explain everything, because I can’t live without you. I know I should have told you this since the day you left instead of just trying to find you and make up stupid excuses, but now, I am truly sorry. I know I’m greedy for wanting you, even after all the mistakes I’ve made. Don’t tell me to move on, because no one can replace you. I truly love you, so just consider this.

 

Sungjong then sinks his head into the pillow, praying for a miracle.


 

A/N: Sorry for the cliffhanger, I felt like I shouldn't give this one-shot an ending hehe. Anyways, I hope you enjoy the fic! And thanks for requesting, xoxo!