Before U Go

seonqyeols' Songfic one-shot shop! /close/

 

Song: Before U Go (by TVXQ)

Pairing: Junhyung X Seungho

Specially for: SinOfDreams

Word Count: 1677

 

 

“I’m sorry. I’m the reason why your family hates me so much. I’m just not good enough for you, and I never will be. I’ll stop making all these stupid mistakes, before I hurt you even further. I just need you to know, that I have to be the one who leaves first. Don’t miss me too much, because I’m just another burden to you. Most of all, I love you, Seungho. I’m sorry that I have to tell you all of this, before I go.”

 

 

Junhyung was a boy who never grew up right. In his teenage years, he often got into fights with the students in his school. He wasn’t academically talented as well, and the teaching staff loathed him. Honestly, he had enough demerit points to get him expelled, but nobody really bothered about dealing with him anyway.

I’ll just keep on doing whatever I want to, and see who gives up on me. Because everybody does.

 

Amongst all this mess, Junhyung actually had someone who loved him for who he is, and that was Yang Seungho. Junhyung hated how Seungho bugged him all his life, from middle school, to high school, and now work. Seungho was a moron, annoying, and talked a lot. Every morning, when the bakery Junhyung worked in would open, Seungho would visit the shop and purchase bread, using it as an excuse to disturb Junhyung. Junhyung got used to it, and deep inside, he started regarding Seungho as someone close to him.

 

Apart from asking Seungho to off, shut up, go away; Junhyung never really talked to Seungho. It was Seungho who engaged in one-sided conversations with Junhyung. Jun actually was moved by Seungho’s reality, but his pride didn’t allow him to express any form of gratitude at all.

However, one day, when Seungho didn’t visit Junhyung’s bakery for three days in a row, Jun started to get worried. He’d usually shrug things off but this time he had a gut feeling, which settled in the base of his stomach, and it was bad.

 

He tried calling Seungho but Seungho’s phone was off. Then he remembered that back in school, Seungho had a group of friends, and the only one in the group who was tolerable to Junhyung, was Joon. He surfed through his contacts furiously, heaving a sigh of relief after finding Joon’s number.

 

Joon: Annyeong Junhyung! Omo, I didn’t expect you would call…

Junhyung: Whatever, cut the crap, do you know where Seungho is?

Joon: Seungho? He got into a car accident, and is in a hospital now.

 

Junhyung wondered how the anxiety left him trembling, his hand losing hold of the phone. The gut feeling grew into something violent, and his chest was aching in fear.

 

Joon: Junhyung? Are you still there?

Junhyung: Joon! Can you text me the hospital address, block and unit numbers?

Joon: Woah, you’re gonna visit him?

Junhyung: …just text me what I want, please.

Joon: Mmm, okay. Bye.

 

Junhyung hung up, leaning his back against the wall for support.

Why am I even so worried about him in the first place? Why should I even care?

He closed his eyes, waiting for the phone in his hand to vibrate, signaling that a text message has come.

Pabo, it’s because you know that he’s the only one who cared about you.


 

 

Junhyung rushed into the hospital ward, his heart almost bursting out his chest, to see such a weak and fragile Seungho, laying on the bed. Seungho didn’t even look like the Seungho Junhyung met three days ago. He was deathly pale and his teeth were chattering.

He must be cold.

 

Junhyung took his jacket off, placing it on top of Seungho’s upper body, watching the boy snuggle in the comfort of the jacket. Junhyung then smirked, I guess he’s still a dork after all.

 

The next few days, Seungho still remained unconscious most of the time. Junhyung took leave, and stayed around the hospital, making sure that there were no visitors in Seungho’s hospital ward, before entering the ward himself to take care of Seungho should anything happen.

After about one week, in the middle of the night, when Junhyung dozed off watching over Seungho, he almost jumped out of his seat, hearing Seungho laugh.

“Omo, you’re finally awake?!” Junhyung yelled.

“Yeah! I knew it, Junhyung! I knew you cared about me!” Seungho smiled, revealing his teeth.

Junhyung looked away, almost whispering, “Who said I care?”

Seungho shut his eyes, using this opportunity to confess to Junhyung, “Junhyung, stop lying to me, and to yourself.”

Jun eyed Seungho incredulously, “What do you mean?”

“You care about me, because you know I care about you, pabo! Knowing you, you probably wouldn’t care if I got into a car accident. But you chose to come, to take care of me, in secret. You ing care, admit it.”

Junhyung just looked down at the floor.

“Jun… I love you.”

 

Junhyung didn’t even know what he was doing, he grabbed Seungho’s face and pulled it up so close to his, then he crashed his lips onto Seungho’s, their tongues battling, pushing into each other’s mouth for entrance. The kiss spoke so much for them, for Junhyung who realised that all along, he had been pushing his feelings aside.


 

They had been a couple for a total of ninety-seven days already. It’s funny how Junhyung even counted the days, he just felt as though this was something really special. Seungho laughed at him when he found out that Junhyung had some inner hopeless romantic dying to show. Junhyung had tried to act cool, but laughed along with Seungho.

On their hundredth day anniversary, Seungho’s parents invited him over to their house, wanting their son to introduce his first boyfriend. Junhyung found it sweet how they were both each other’s first loves.

Little did he know that the dinner with Seungho’s parents would be a disaster.

 

His parents asked Junhyung about his degrees and work, and they actually judged him infront of Seungho. Seungho yelled at his parents, dragging Junhyung out of the house.

Junhyung honestly felt hurt.


 

 

“You’re not good enough for our boy.”

“With your capabilities I don’t think you guys can have a good future together.”

“We’re not judging you, we’re just thinking for Seunggie.”

Junhyung lets out a scream of vexation and his tosses and turns in bed. To be honest, what the Yang family said was right. Junhyung is just worthless.

 

Slowly, he starts avoiding Seungho. He quit his job at the bakery and locks himself at home, barely eating anything. He spends his days, reminiscing about the times he and Seungho spent, the deep kisses they shared, the way they teased each other, how they would wake up a few minutes before dawn every morning to watch the sunrise together in each other’s arms.

He tries to imagine Seungho sleeping next to him, and imagine him playing the piano, his fingers running across the keys fluidly; and his voice, his sweet, beautiful, ing voice.

 

Three weeks later, Junhyung has probably written down a whole list of reasons of why Seungho’s so perfect. He cries as he remembers every single flaw and talent of Seungho; how Seungho can be dripping with perfection at one moment, and how he can be an idiot at the next.

Then slowly, he toys with the idea of leaving Seoul, and residing at Busan, where things are quieter, where he can leave Seungho to forget about him.

 

Three months of being in a relationship wasn’t a long time, but Junhyung and Seungho had already known each for years. The time they spent together only created more hurt. Junhyung knew that somehow he would never be able to let go of Seungho, so he made a decision, to change.


 

 

Seungho wasn’t ready for goodbyes. He had been childish all his life, and he never learnt to let go of things. After that phone call, he boarded a cab and sprinted out into the airport to look for Junhyung.

Before you go, Junhyung, I really need to see you. Oh lord, please.

Tears spill down Seungho’s cheeks. He knew that Junhyung was angry with him, after hardly talking to him for such a long time. But he never knew that Junhyung would even dare to leave him. He couldn’t believe it, and part of him wanted to punch Jun.

Before you go, I just need to give you reason to stay.

 

He slips, falling onto the floor, too upset to even get up. Almost everybody around him stares at him, before a familiar figure approaches him, lending a hand. Seungho, not knowing who it is, grabs it and feebly, stands up.

Then he realised it’s Junhyung.

 

Junhyung smiles sadly as Seungho pulls him into a hug, “Yong Junhyung! You pabo, meanie, piece of stupidity!”

Jun tries not to laugh. Even when they have to have to leave each other, Seungho still never fails to amuse him.

 

“Don’t go, you pabo!” Seungho is almost screaming now, “I love you!”

Junhyung breaks away from Seungho, pecking on Seungho’s forehead, “Baby, I love you too.”

“Then stay, Jun. Please.”

Junhyung shuts his eyes, “I have to go… for now. One day, I’ll prove my worth to you. I just need to leave Seoul and start afresh. I’m not good enough for you.”

“What? You’re not good enough for me? I think you’re perfect, Jun!” Seungho’s acting like a baby now, flailing his arms.

Junhyung wipes the tears off Seungho’s face, “Seunggie, it’s doesn’t mean I’ll never come back.”

Seungho reveals a confused expression and Jun smiles, explaining, “Right now, I’m just a burden to you. Your family’s right. But I can’t keep being like this forever, you know? They’re proving a point. So until then, I’ll change. I’ll go to Busan and try to make a name for myself. Until then, will you wait for me?”

 

They gaze into each other’s eyes, sharing a mutual understanding. Then Seungho crushes his lips onto Junhyung’s, “Of course I will wait for you.”


 

A/N: I know the specific genre of this fic was fluff, but the lyrics were so sad /sobs/ So I tried to make Junhyung sound less emo (hopefully it worked) and made the times they spent together sound sweeter. As for the ending... I'll leave it to you to figure it out yourself hehe! I hope that you'll enjoy this fic, and that it wasn't too confusing. Thanks for requesting, xoxo!