Miss You

seonqyeols' Songfic one-shot shop! /close/

 

Song: Miss You (by SM The Ballad)

Pairing: SooBum (Soohyun X Kibum)

Specially for: sarxkyu

Word Count: 1157

 

 

Soohyun lays his back against the wall wearily, the other six all either raiding the fridge or washing up. They’ve just finished practice and it is already nearing 2 AM. He feels exhausted, drained out of every bit of energy, but he’s glad that the tire can distract his mind from drifting away to sadder thoughts, like the fact that Kibum’s never coming back.

Even if you never know how much it hurts, I have to forget about you.

Dongho suddenly walks into the room, throwing his arm around Soohyun, “Hyung, we’re all gonna have our day off tomorrow, right?”

Soohyun nods, his insides filling up with gladness once again. They hardly even had time for little breaks in between their hectic schedules, but their management declared that all of them were to have a day off the next day.

The management that’s dying on the interior, that Soohyun has grown to hate.

“Well, you know, don’t hate me for this – “

“Dongho-yah, just get to the point.”

“I sort of, set you up with Kibum hyung… on a date.”

Soohyun can feel his stomach twisting, fear and worry gripping at his heart. All these months of missing somebody he doesn’t think he can ever see again, of trying to move on from somebody he cannot have; and now all his efforts are going to be crashed, because Dongho actually made them meet up?

Trying not to feel angry, Soohyun asks shakily, “What was Kibum’s reaction?”

“He immediately agreed, hyung.”

Soohyun tries his best at holding back his tears and pulling himself together. Nobody knows how tired he is both physically and mentally, and how he’s been shouldering more responsibilities then his body and mind would ever allow him, after since Xander and Kibum left.

What’s more, Kibum is actually the love of his life.

“Even if we’re going to meet up, where can we possibly meet up at? If any of the public catches us, we’re screwed,” Soohyun pushes up his fringe, wiping away his perspiration. Dongho chuckles dryly, “Most of us will be out of the dorm anyway, then I’ll make Kibum hyung come over.”

“I don’t know if I can handle this,” Soohyun admits, his voice dripping with bitterness, “Plus, don’t you think that making him come over to the dorm he used to live at, would get him emotional?”

“Hyung, all of us know how much you miss him, and you probably know how much he misses you too. Why are you avoiding him?”

“I’m not avoiding him, damn it. It’s just that I’ve spent so long trying to move on, that now I’m gonna see him again, I’m afraid that I’ll fall back,” Soohyun says quietly, his voice however still thick with anger.

Dongho squeezes Soohyun’s shoulder, “That’s not moving on, hyung. That’s escaping reality, and living in self-denial.”

What Dongho says leaves Soohyun speechless.

“He’s coming over at 2.30 PM,” the younger boy sighs, finally walking out of the room.


 

Kiseop pulls Hoonmin out of the dorm, forcing him to watch a movie together with him. Jaeseop, Dongho, Eli and Kevin are all going for street shopping, leaving Soohyun alone in the dorm, his mind officially turning into a wreck, as he realises there’s only less than a hour till Kibum arrives.

Standing in front of the closet, he pulls out so many different sets of clothes, plopping them down onto the bed. He considers wearing a maroon suit, and ends up feeling like slapping himself for even considering. How about a white tank top? Too casual. He ends up slipping into a red tee-shirt and jeans. He doesn’t even know why he’s so bothered about his appearance, , in fact now he thinks that he should never have agreed to this entire thing anyway.

Before he knows it, the door bell rings.

Soohyun feels his heart drop. The ringing in his ears masks whatever sound that’s left in the world around him, and he stumbles a little, clearly overwhelmed by fear.

The door bell rings again. Body shaking, he walks towards the door.

What is he like now? Has he grown to hate all of us? Does he listen to all our new music, like 0330 and Neverland? Does he even have heart to watch our stages? Did he fall into depression? Does he know how much I cried watching him on interviews?

…does he miss me too?

Soohyun carefully opens the doorknob, trembling so much it’s as if he can fall apart.

Then there he is, Kim Kibum, his skin still as smooth and flawless, his eyebags thick and dark though, and can even be compared to Soohyun’s, which are pretty bad. His hair is longer, but still the same shade of jet black. His eyes and his smile, however, remain the most beautiful aspects about Kibum and Soohyun’s heart almost leaps when Kibum throws his arms around Soohyun, and inhaling his scent once more, he feels as though his senses are just melting into nothingness.

“…you’ve lost so much weight,” Kibum finally says something, breaking the silence.

“I miss you,” Soohyun simply states, ignoring what Kibum has said before. He just needs to hear from Kibum that he still remembers his existence, that he’s spent all the days they’ve been apart thinking about him. Has Kibum tried moving on before? Like Soohyun, has he been exhausting the out of himself to forget about the past?

Kibum leans forward, daringly pecking on Soohyun’s lips, and the older boy thinks he can faint any moment now.

“Soo, I miss you too.”

The words trigger so much emotion in Soohyun that tears begin to run down his cheeks, “I’m so proud of Jaeseop and Hoon. They’re like brothers that I can count on and love. But admittedly, things just aren’t the same without Xander, and especially, you.”

Kibum looks away, “But you know I don’t belong here. This can probably be the last time we’re seeing each other again. You’re gonna have your Japanese promotions, and I heard, maybe, even in the US?”

Soohyun widens his eyes in surprise, “You actually track us? But yeah, no. Stop thinking so negatively.”

He then slips his hand into Kibum’s, “Once everything finishes, I’ll look for you again. I promise, I will wait for you forever. Will you?”

Kibum nods, flashing a breathtakingly beautiful smile. Soohyun then admits, “It’s so hard forgetting everything.”

“Just as hard as it is for me.”

Then Kibum raises his hand, running his fingers through Soohyun’s brown hair, “It’s the pain that makes us alive, Soo.”

“And it’s the pain that will motivate us to go on,” Soohyun nods, comprehending what Kibum said, “Distance doesn’t determine anything. I’ll keep working hard, and so will you, and one day, things will fall back into the way it was again.”

“And I’ll come back to you,” Kibum laughs dryly.

 

They both plop on the living room sofa, cuddling in silence.


 

A/N: I enjoyed writing this because oh wellz THERE'S SOOHYUN IN IT HEHEHE but honestly it was sad for me as well, as the topic of Xander and Kibum leaving U-KISS is a very sensitive issue. Still, I hope you enjoy it and thanks for requesting xoxo!