Ice Cream

seonqyeols' Songfic one-shot shop! /close/

 

Song: Ice Cream by Joo ft Leeteuk

Pairing: Cheondung X Arie (OC)

Specially for: ShadyGirl

Word Count: 1033

 

 

Cheondung sighs, rubbing his temples in frustration, the two ice cream cones sitting beside him on the bench, threatening to melt under the hot rays of the sun. Arie had just left, claiming that she thinks that he doesn’t care enough about her or know enough about her to actually buy an ice-cream flavour which she doesn’t like. Cheondung grits his teeth, clearly vexed. He wonders why she had to be angry about such a stupid matter; and he hates how girls can change their moods in the matter of seconds, as though they’re bipolar. One moment Arie’s extremely excited about the date, and then she’s angry at the next, because of an ice-cream flavour that she doesn’t like. Wow.

Arie feels disgusted by herself. Why is she even crying? For something so trivial, for something she shouldn’t even give a heck about? Somehow she did, because to girls, small gestures matter. Girls take everything into consideration, before concluding if someone cares about them or not. Furthermore, Cheondung is her boyfriend. She expects him to know everything about her, from her favourite ice-cream flavour, to her case of mild insomnia, and to her bad habits of getting distracted by literally everything, especially in situations where she’s supposed to focus. Because they’ve been together for about three years already, she expects better of him, just like he would have expected out of her. Arie means, she’s the one who brings in his favourite packed bentos to his office whenever he’s working overtime. She even knows what kind of tempura vegetables he likes, and she always makes him two mugs of coffee in the morning because Cheondung gets tired easily. Now it’s not even about expecting, but mutual commitment.

Hmph. Just so you know, there’s no one like me.

Cheondung frowns, wondering why Arie’s acting like a child. In fact, he wonders why he’s acting like a child too. It’s obvious that the both of them do not want to lose to each other in this silent argument because of their pride. He chuckles dryly, as he remembers how Arie once said that he can’t get angry at her, but she’s allowed to be angry with him. Then he wonders if he should leave the ice-cream there and let it melt into nothingness. He wants to leave the park and go home and sleep his day away but he just stares at the ice-cream, lips forming into a pout, his heart melting like the ice-cream, as he figures out that Arie’s bad temper can be pretty adorable as well.

When Arie finally calms down, she starts thinking if she went overboard, if she’s abit too selfish. Shrugging, she narrows her eyes, ‘Pssh. I’ll give him attitude for doing this, if that’s what he wants.’

Cheondung starts to worry about Arie. He fishes out his phone and dials her number. At first, her voice sounds dry, almost monotonous, like she’s acting as though she doesn’t care about this, or him. Cheondung has to suppress his urge of laughing. Then an apology finally escapes his lips, as he hopes that Arie will forgive him. Well, it’s not a big matter, but it’s still his fault. And he won’t let his relationship sink because of just one stupid mistake he made, mixed with their ridiculous prides.

Arie trudges back to the park, annoyed at how she finds Cheondung trying to appease her, cute. But inside, she starts to grow thankful that at least he attempted to set things right. The sky’s a beautiful azure blue, clouds hued with a light shade of brown adorning it. It’s almost nearing late afternoon. Because she feels like being a regardless of whether he has apologised or not, Arie takes her time to stroll through the park. Then suddenly, she feels strong arms around her, pulling her towards the boy’s chest. It’s Cheondung.

Cheondung throws his pride aside, as he cooes lovingly into Arie’s ears, “Aw, baby, I’m sorry.”

Arie blushes into his soft touch. She tries to pull away from him but she just can’t, then she decides to pout and , “Next time, remember that I like strawberry cheescake, not caramel.”

The both of them walk to the bench where they’ve previously fought before, suddenly feeling so immature as they notice that the ice-creams, still on the bench, have thoroughly melted. Cheondung walks to the ice-cream stall and orders two strawberry cheecake flavoured ice-creams.

Arie the ice-cream in satisfaction and Cheondung feels a blush creeping up onto his cheeks as he begins to get fascinated by her thin, pink tongue.

Then he leans in, pulling her closer for a kiss. The ice-creams drop onto the ground, as he grabs his face, forcing her lips onto his. The ice-cream that stays smudged on her lips smears onto his too and she tries not to die of embarrassment. Cheondung smiles into the kiss, his tongue poking at her lips for entrance. She gladly opens , her tongue shooting outwards to meet with his’ too. They intertwince, and he can’t help but get enchanted by the sweet taste of strawberry cheescake that plays on his tongue. Arie winces as his tongue moves on to explore her jaw, up the remaining of the melted ice-cream.

The kiss tells a story, of Cheondung being truly sorry for forgetting her favourite ice-cream flavour, as stupid as it sounds. It’s like an apology with the simplest exterior, but an interior of giving in to Arie’s temper and mood swings, her little worries and anxieties. It also speaks of them forever always being there for each other, and that they both don’t belong to anybody else.

When they finally break away from each other breathlessly, silently approving of the make-up, their eyes form into crescents, their lips curling up into genuine smiles. Hand slipping into hand, they skip down the strolling path. These three years haven’t been easy, without all the little quarrels here and there, over which TV channel to watch or who was the last one to close the door; or maybe even the bigger quarrels, about finances and work.

But both of them knew that: two is better than one.


 

A/N: Meh, stupidest plot ever. I seriously can't write comedic fluff, sorry. Someone kill me now omggg /sobs/ Well I hope the kiss scene relieves all the disgust derived from reading this piece of crap HAHA And I hope you enjoy your fic (though it ) and thanks for requesting xoxo! :-)