Heartbeat

seonqyeols' Songfic one-shot shop! /close/

 

Song: Heartbeat (by 2PM)

Pairing: TaecChan (Taecyeon X Chansung)

Specially for: OK_Kitty

Word Count: 1124

 

 

Pitch blackness. That’s the only thing Taecyeon sees, or maybe he can’t even see anything. His eyes are covered with soft material and his hands are tied with what he thinks is a rope. In fact, he thinks he’s tied to a chair as well, because he just can’t ing move. Beads of perspiration trickle down his temples and he can’t even think clearly, his mind just distorting itself into a mess.

Evening out his breaths, he wonders where he might be, his heart palpitating furiously against his chest. The last thing he remembers is running down the alleyway, hand in hand with Chansung.

, , . Where’s Chansung?

“Channie, are you there?!” he manages to scream into the piercing silence.

No reply.

He then struggles to get out of the chair but he just can’t, only ending up falling down with the chair, the wood denting into his flesh, and he yelps in excruciating pain.

Where am I? Where is Chansung, oh my ing god?

Backtracking everything in his head, to before when they were sprinting down the alleyway, he vaguely remembers that it was barely past midnight, and the alcohol working away at their nerves, caused them to be in a state of euphoria. Their bodies felt as though they’ve been reduced to jelly, and they could hardly keep their balance, as they moved directionlessly.

Afterwards, they were trapped in a maze of alleyways unknowingly, and being afraid, they just ran and ran, as if there was somebody watching them and waiting to bring them away…  into here.

“Is anybody out there?” Taecyeon screams once more.

Suddenly he hears footsteps, approaching him. His heart thumps rapidly, knowing that he is trapped and unable to escape even if he’s strong enough to, but he’s ing tied.

The stranger lowers her body stance, letting her slender fingers explore Taecyeon’s jaw line, as a chill runs down his spine. Then she laughs dryly, and Taecyeon immediately registers the stranger as a female. He asks quietly, “Who are you?”

“I don’t know, I don’t even know why I’m doing this to the both of you,” her fingers travel down to his neck line. She’s touching him, as though this is the first time she’s touched human skin.

“The both of us…?” Taecyeon daringly questions her. She ignores his question, “My dear, what if I tell you that life is a game?”

“I know, the living are all players of life,” he answers, a smirk playing at his lips.

“Sometimes the dead wants to play with the living too,” she chuckles, pressing her fingertip against his moist lips. His body begins to tremble, as he realises that maybe she’s not one of him, one of them in general… basically not a living human.

“Are you playing with us?” he asks once again. The female runs her fingers through his hair this time, praising him with a sickeningly seductive voice, “You figure things out fast.”

“I wanna play,” he sighs. This is the only way of escape, to be honest.

“You have to, anyways.”

“How does this work?”

“Well,” she clasps her hands, “You’re stuck in a house, and all the doors are open, except for the main entrance, so don’t even think about escaping. Your hands will still be tied, and your eyes will be blindfolded.”

“Okay, what’s the objective of this game?”

Her lips curl up into a smile, “To find Chansung.”

Taecyeon feels his heart drop.

“And what will happen if I can’t find him?”

“…let’s just say I’ll give you a time limit of one hour. He’s trapped in one of the nineteen rooms in this house. If you can’t find him, he’ll be killed.”


 

Taecyeon s around blindly, his hands reaching out to any object around him. He finds a wall, his hands sliding across it, as if this would provide him with a sense of direction. Letting his hands brush past objects like doorknobs, fallen chandeliers and broken glass; he estimates that he’s explored approximately six rooms already, his heart still pounding uncontrollably.

This is like a game which connects him to Chansung using a really fine thread, and no matter how hard he tries, even if it’s going to kill him, he cannot let go of the thread.

Tears run down his face, as he thinks: Chansung, can your hear my heartbeat? It’s the slightest sound that depicts life, and I secretly which this can bring us together, and that my heart’s beating for you, and waiting for you. This can all just be a game, or it can determine whether I get to keep you by my side, or if I’ll lose you.

He wonders if he can even count on his instincts anymore.

This is so ing stupid. It sounds stupid. But my emotions definitely cannot determine its stupidity.

Taecyeon lets the memories that he has shared with Chansung run through his mind, as he just keeps on groping around in the darkness. It’s clear that he loves him, and that even though Chansung is trapped, he probably doesn’t even know a thing, or of the plight they’re both in. That maybe he’s sleeping, unaware of how they’re both stuck in this hopelessly stupid situation.

The female, creeping up behind him, announces, “You have fifteen more minutes.”

Taecyeon begins to scream, as he bangs every possible thing he finds, glass shards cutting into his flesh, blood streaming out of his wounds. His body is covered in bruises, and the female just laughs at him. By now he’s probably figured out that she’s either a ghost, or a human with her mind trapped in the past, and who believes that she isn’t alive anymore.

“Why did you even do this to us?” Taecyeon screeches, wondering how one moment he’s drowning in alcohol, and how the next he’s clinging on for dear life.

“Darling, I’m just trying to teach you that life isn’t to be taken granted for, that a beating heart doesn’t mean you’re living a life. In fact it can just mean you’re living a lie instead.”

Taecyeon just keeps on screaming, “Chansung! Where are you?!”

“Thirty seconds left.”

Taecyeon falls to the floor, yelling incoherent words in pure desperation.

“One second.”

 

He barely hears Chansung scream before blacking out himself.


 

Eyes snapping open, the alarm clock blaring, Taecyeon realises he’s on the bed, Chansung’s arms wrapped around his waist. He doesn’t even remember the nightmare, but he’s breaking out in a cold sweat. Then he looks at his palm, the word heartbeat carved onto it.

Pecking on Chansung’s forehead, he whispers, “I love you. And I’m living for you everyday.”

There you go, here’s your reason to live, he almost hears the same voice from his dream saying.


 

A/N: Ah, this is so crappy I can't even. I wasn't in a clear mind while writing this obviously /cries/ And I know the plot is very confusing. Sorry but here you go! Hope you enjoy the fic and thanks for requesting xoxo!