On Rainy Days

seonqyeols' Songfic one-shot shop! /close/

 

Song: On Rainy Days (by BEAST)

Pairing: WooGyu (Woohyun X Sunggyu)

Specially for: devilangel31231

Word Count: 1056

 

Day 53 since Sunggyu’s death.

 

Woohyun’s legs tremble a little, as he walks up the stairs, his hand carrying a plastic bag filled with cans of beer.  A streak of lightning flashes across the sky, and he feels his stomach twisting in pain. He knows that it’s the monsoon season right now, but he’s always hated the rain, how rainy days leave such a gloomy atmosphere lingering, how he’s always reminded about the same person, over and over again, when it ing rains.

 

Woohyun couldn’t explain how he felt, it was as though a part of his soul has left, since he’s gone. There was an emptiness in his chest, the other parts of his soul left to keep on breaking, and to hurt. He wasn’t exactly hollow, but there was something missing. He wondered how much it could actually hurt, he wondered why he had to leave in the first place. There were many things he could not understand, when deep inside, he did, he just chose not to.

 

He enters his house, his eyes feeling swollen and heavy. Turning on the television and flipping through the channels, he realise there’s really nothing to watch. Then sighing, he turns to the beer.

Everybody told him that drinking his problems away were wrong, and that he was a fool, but nobody can ever put themselves in his position. He begun hating on everybody, realising that nobody could understand him, and that only the person who’s left him, could.

He doesn’t even dare to mention his name. It hurts to much to remember something you’ve lost.

 

Woohyun opens the first can of beer, gulping it all down. The alcohol runs down his throat, leaving him in a temporary daze. Then he waits for the memories to come back.

 

Sunggyu was a living angel. Literal, living angel. Woohyun loved his everything, from the way his tiny eyes turned into crescents when he smiled, to the way he nagged at Woohyun for making mistakes, and from the way his face would scrunch up in passion when he sang, to the way he can be awkward when Woohyun or flirted with him.  

A tear starts to fall down Woohyun’s face, as he opens the second can of beer, the rain still pouring outside, loud, acting as a reminder that he’s hurt, because the man he loved most, was gone.

 

Woohyun will never forget the first day he confessed to Gyu. He had his heart throbbing violently against his chest, and beads of cold perspiration streamed down his temples. He knew he had real feelings for Gyu, because never once in his life did he felt unconfident about confessing. He walked to Gyu’s desk at his office, and set down a mug of iced vanilla tea on it.

“Oh, thanks,” Gyu looked up from his work, flashing a smile at Woohyun which caused his heart to beat faster, just when he thought his heart couldn’t take it anymore.

“Err, Gyu, can I tell you something?”

“Yeah, sure, Woohyun, go on, I’m all ears.”

“Gyu… I like you.”

Sunggyu, who was drinking out of the mug, spurt out his drink.

 

The tear tracks stain Woohyun’s cheeks as he lets out yet another audible sob. He walks towards the window, stumbling as the alcohol begins to kick in. He stares out the thin glass sheet, into the rain.

 

Sunggyu shut his eyes as he immersed himself into the song. His voice was sweet and gentle yet it withheld so much passion and emotion. It was like something soft on the exterior, but more overwhelming on the interior. Hearing him sing, Woohyun could only listen in wonderment. Kim Sunggyu, to him, was just perfection.

 

“How was that?” Sunggyu asked nervously when he finished the song.

Woohyun saunters towards him, wrapping his arms around Sunggyu’s waist, “Beautiful.”

“Yah! You’re too greasy for your own good!” Sunggyu chided Woohyun, his face turning crimson.

Woohyun just laughed it off, pecking Gyu on the cheek.

 

Each memory only brings Woohyun more pain, but the alcohol just makes it so real. It was more of a hallucination, than a memory. And this is the only thing he could do, he was hurting so much missing a person who can never come back, so he had to, even though it tortures him.

 

Woohyun was crying like a little girl. Sunggyu couldn’t help but find it amusing, and had trouble keeping that smirk off his face.

 

It was one of those nights, when Woohyun’s insomnia acted up. It made him PMS, act like a , and eat as much as he wanted to. The exhaustion murdered Woohyun, causing him to be in a state of unnecessary depression. He reminded Gyu of a girl on her period.

“Namu, stop crying,” Gyu rubbed his hand up and down Woohyun’s back in comfort.

“Ugh, but I can’t ing go to sleep,” Woohyun hissed.

Sunggyu tried not to yawn, and Woohyun suddenly stood up, announcing, “I’m gonna raid the fridge, be back in five.”

 

As soon as Woohyun entered the kitchen, Sunggyu laughs. Food’s only gonna keep him awake, but since he’s usually hungry when he’s like this, Gyu’s just gonna let him be.

When Woohyun returned, Gyu laughed even louder.

“What?!” Woohyun flashed him an annoyed expression.

“You have sauce on your face,” Sunggyu reached out his finger to wipe the liquid off. Woohyun actually blushed.

“Namu, you know what, just sleep on my lap.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, and I’ll sing you a song too.”

 

Woohyun grins, laying his head gently on Sunggyu’s lap, shutting his eyes, creases appearing on his forehead as he focused on sleeping. Sunggyu then begins to sing softly, “Please don’t stay in my heart once you’re gone.”

 

Woohyun screams. Does he know that now, because of him, Woohyun can’t even sleep at all, whether his insomnia acted up or not? Does he know that the lyrics of the song he used to sing Woohyun to sleep with, only made Woohyun miss him even more?

 

Outside, the rain’s finally grown quieter. Woohyun lays on his back against the floor, already finished with six cans of beer. The drowsiness infiltrates Woohyun’s senses, and his vision turns into a blur, his mind finally turning blank.

 

When the rain starts to stop, you follow. Slowly, little by little, you stop as well.


 

A/N: Here you go, I hope you enjoy the fic! Thanks for requesting xoxo!