Wants 006

You Want Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You Want Me
Don't you?

Wants 006
I want you to meet my parents.

 

So he was expecting something dramatic to happen here. He thought that there would be some typical drama scene going on with this family disagreeing with him marrying her into the family. But no, there was none. Nothing at all. His family were actually cool about it. To make it worse, they actually gang up to . He groaned and took a sip of the red wine the waiter had offered him. Was it just him or is it getting a little heated up in here? He shifted his gaze to the girl beside him. She was just enjoying herself, talking to his mother regarding some interesting recipes that she knew about.

 

He was starting to feel left out seeing how Jiae was enjoying herself rather than focusing on him. Get over yourself, she's not even into you. He pursed his lips and looked away. The waitresses and waiters were whispering among one another while they take short but unnecessary glances at their table. He cursed under his breath then. What on earth was on his father's mind when he decided to reserve a table in his restaurant, in his bloody hotel?! He grumbled lightly and stabbed the steak before him.   

 

"So how long have you been together with our son?" He stiffened, eyes darted straight to the girl's eyes. It's amazing how she didn't have a hint of panic in her eyes when she smiled at his mother all so casually. "Five months, madam." She stated and shifted her gaze to him. They had this planned thoroughly with each other before the dinner meeting with his parents. They met when she was still working at a cafe that he went to (which was half-true, they did met at a cafe), they dated for five months and then he proposed to her by the Han River (which was actually true). 

 

"And he proposed like that?" His mother gasped and turned to him. "That was... Fast, wasn't it?" She asked, and his father laughed. "I don't think he'll even think about bringing out his hidden girlfriend until I threatened him to." Mark furrowed his eyes at him. Oh, sure. He has a hidden girlfriend now.

 

"Sure, I wouldn't be hiding something if my dad didn't have people spying on my doorstep." He glared at his father, who whistled away. Yes, his father had freakin' people spying on him a few days back. And it was just so conveniently that he was... proposing to the stranger he just met. Some kind of father he is to pry into his own son's privacy like that.  

 

He was about to rat at his father for being a jerk when he felt her hand on his shoulder. He stiffened, eyes shifted to her. She was giggling, totally different from her usual self. And they have only met each other for like... Less than two days? He pursed his lips and cursed himself when his eyes decided to travel from her head to toe. Long, soft curls of her dark locks danced behind her thin strapless violet dress; hugging waistline and swinging hipline; barely any make-up done, yet her eyes were as bright and intensely alluring; and her lips... Let's not go there. 

 

 "So, did you quit your job to support Mark? Or was it something else?" Her smile wavered the moment his father asked the question. Sure, it was a casual talk, but that one innocent question had her taken back in surprise. They didn't expect this outcome, as it was evident on Mark's rounded eyes. What should we do? She could lie, but would that do good? Her smile was stiff, deadpanned when his parents were still waiting for an answer. Mark mentally cursed and parted his lips, about to speak when he felt her hand placed on his. 

 

He frowned when she shook her head at him. "Actually, I was fired because I was a highschool drop out." She was still smiling, but he can see how uncomfortable she was when she was talking about it. There was the small, awkward pause between the frames, and his mother decided to clear . "M-my, is that so? When was that?"

 

"Several times actually. The cafe that I worked at was actually an old news."

 

Damn, she's good at this. He thought as he watch her lie with her expression stilled. How can she manage a lie without batting an eye? He was amused, amazed by how the girl acts around his parents. It was almost as if she was a completely different person. How does she act all feminine with his parents when she was all sarcastic with him?

 

"Pardon me, but what do your parents do for a living?" He shifted his gaze to Jiae. She paused for a second, before she shrugs it off with a soft smile. "I have no parents, sir." She said, shifting her gaze to Mark as if she was avoiding them. "I'm an orphan."

 

A short, awkward silence, and then there was a loud clear of throat that followed on next.  

 

"That's regretful." He heard his mother say, and immediately, he took his gaze from her. "Would you like to work here then?" He froze, eyes widened at his father's sudden remark. What the is he saying now? He wanted to yell at his dad for being rash as usual, but with the girl's englightened expression suddenly displaying on her face, he found himself rendered speechless. "Can I?" She asked, her expression clearly brightened at his father's suggestion. 

 

He chuckled loudly. "Of course, our friend owns this place." Mark grumbled when his father said that. Sure, he owns this place, but why the  would he let his wife work here? He glared at his cheeky dad and turned to Jiae. She seemed fairly interested now. "Don't even think about it." He muttered softly by her ear, and she snapped her head up at him with a slight grimace on her face. "Meanie." She mumbled, and he dropped a soft chuckle. 

 

"No, it's fine. Sir." She faked a smile and waved her hand. "Mark said no, so..." His father laughed. "Alright, I get the message. He wants you all to himself." Mark was sure he was going to throw the soft bun at his father's smug, annoying face. He was more than annoyed with the fact that his father was actually trying to for doing whatever he wants him to do now. He wanted him to find a wife, and now he's teasing him because he was actually getting one.

 

He glared at his father. "You didn't forget your promise, right?" His father clicked his tongue and sighed. "Well, I would..."

 

"Oh, yes!" His mother clapped her hands together and smiled at Jiae then. "And since you're getting married..." 

 

"We should be expecting little ones soon right?" 

 

Mark stiffened. L-little ones? He shifted his gaze to Jiae in panic. How is she going to lie through this one? He pressed his lips thin and turned to his mother, about to make an attempt to change the topic when he heard a soft chuckle from Jiae. "We'll try, but no promises, madam." Jiae smiled and turned to Mark. There, his shoulders tensed at the smile on her face. It was almost as if there were the few words "Get me out of here or I will ing kill you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter