Wants 027

You Want Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You Want Me
Don't you?

Wants 027
I want your warmth, the burn. 

 

What was that stare for? She felt uneasy. Jaebum's stare bothers her. It was almost as if he had things figured out. Her palms were starting to sweat at that thought. He couldn't have. She thought. Im Jaebum couldn't have figured it out. He couldn't have recognized her. She shifted her gaze to the button that flashed off. The elevator door pulled apart, and she was welcomed by the cold wind seeping through the elevator door. 

 

"It's cold!" She squealed and tried to push her hair out of her face. She can hear Mark's loud chuckle next to her, but she couldn't see him. The wind was too strong.

 

Gently, she felt his arm hung by her shoulder. He had guided her out of the elevator, and was welcomed by the beautiful night view of Seoul.

 

The lights were bright, shimmering white in the darkness of the night. She gasped at the scenery. Beautiful. She thought, her hands held onto the railing as soon as she reaches the corner of the floor. "Why are we here?" She asked, though she wasn't going to complain about it. They were at the rooftop of his hotel building. Although there were benches and round garden tables for them to "enjoy" the fresh air, but honestly though, what is there to have fun here? 

 

Mark smiled. She looked happy. He thought. Slowly, he approached her, his hands comfortably pressed on the railing, trapping her within.

 

"How do you like the view?" He asked, and she stiffened. His breath was close, drawing dots on her skin. What is he doing? Why is he being like this now? She couldn't read his thoughts at the moment, she couldn't face him in this position.

 

The weather in Seoul was cold tonight. But why does her back feel so warm? It wasn't just her back, every part of her body, every vein was pulsing in action, flowing as quick as the speeding cars down the road. It could have been the location, but she honestly found it hard to breathe at this point. The smell of his cologne might have felt faint to others, but to her, it was strong enough to weaken her knees.

 

Hold it in, Jiae. She tightened her grip on the railing. "It's beautiful." She muttered softly. was making the smallest movement to force the nervous lump down. 

 

She felt Mark's smile close to her earlobe. "That's good." She fidgeted. Why must he whisper so close to her ear. She turned around and glared. "Mark!" She pouted, and he laughed. "You're fun." He pinched her nose and took a step back. 

 

"So what do you want?" He asked, taking a seat sloppily on the bench. He was reading the menu that was left on the long table, carelessly flipping through the list of beverage selections. His hand went under the table and pulled out an ipad next. She raised an eyebrow in amusement, but took the chance to approach him. 

 

"What are you doing?" She asked, taking a seat next to him.

 

"Ordering wine." He said. "Or do you prefer beer?"

 

She shook her head. "I'm not drinking." She pursed her lips. "I can't drink."

 

He raised an eyebrow. "You've got to be kidding me." He said. "How old are you, even?" He smiled, and she pouted. "I'm old enough to drink. I'm just bad at it..." She mumbled softly as she looks away. She can't possibly let Mark see her drunk. She can't risk that, knowing that he might just run away if she does so.

 

Mark sighed and made his order on the ipad. "Fine then, watch me drink." He muttered, and she pressed her lips. She was thankful that Mark wasn't going to force her to drink, but honestly? She felt bad. It wasn't like she couldn't drink, she just didn't want to show him that side of her. It'll be bad. She sighed. It'll be dirty. She couldn't hide the light tint on her cheeks at the thought of it. 

 

The bottle came fairly quick. It took Mark no time to pop the bottle and poured himself a glass of wine. Jiae watched closely. She had always wondered how it feels like to drink the crimson liquid. She never had a chance to.

 

Mark seemed like a good drinker too. She drew a sigh at his posture. He was staring far ahead, as if in deep thoughts. Almost like an accessory to compliment his looks, the wine glass touched his lips as the liquid seeps in. Beautiful. She smiled lightly, liking what she sees. Was she lucky? To be able to experience such feelings, such happiness at times like this.

 

The attraction that grows with the falling leaves of the night, she couldn't have stopped it even if she knew she needed to.

 

He caught her gaze. His eyes were just as beautiful, intensely drawing her in. Unwarily, felt stuck at his casual act. He wasn't doing much. He was just pouring himself another glass of wine. But why does it look so... beautiful? She was almost going to envy him for his lack of physical flaws, but when he looked at her. Her mind covered all her thoughts with white. She couldn't remember what she was thinking of, and her eyes were just set on his. 

 

He chuckled and flicked her forehead. "You're not allowed to drink." He said, smiling at her. "You said you can't drink, so don't even try."

 

"I wasn't even trying to do anything..." She muttered softly and huffed. It was true, she didn't really want to drink. It was just Mark... He probably doesn't know about this. No one does, but she had been trapped for awhile. Everything she felt was hidden behind the act that she put up ever since. For every aggressive move she makes, her heart thumps along. No one knew about it, not even herself. 

 

It's insane how attraction can drive a person to the edge.

 

"Jiae." His voice was different than usual. The melody was bursting with confidence. Her heart shook, lips stiffened at the tone of his voice. What is he going to say now? She couldn't predict anything, she couldn't read his mind. It felt more like she was the one being toyed in his fingertips this time, she couldn't get in control, not when she was the one being charmed. 

 

Mark smiled, placing the glass on the table. "You hadn't answer my question." He said, pouring himself another glass. It was his third glass, she reckoned. His hand was brushing against hers on the bench, his lips were once again in contact with the glass. 

 

She frowned. Was it bad that she didn't like how his lips were touching the glass? She pressed her lips thin and shook it off. "What question?" She asked, eyes wondering aimlessly.

 

She heard him sigh, and immediately, she thought she had said something wrong. "Mark-" 

 

"I said I never bothered to look you up." His hand was warm, pressed gently on top of her cold ones. "I asked you if you knew the reason why."

 

She couldn't understand that, she couldn't have guessed it. But his eyes... His smile made her heart stop.

 

"I know this might sound corny but..." He breathed. "I trust you, Jiae."

 

"I trust you more than I should, to be honest."  

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter