Wants 013

You Want Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You Want Me
Don't you?

Wants 013
I want you to remember this night. 

 

The night was awkward for him. Very awkward. He was trying his best to distract himself with the work his secretary had sent him. But everything felt pointless the moment he heard footsteps, treading lightly out of the bathroom. She had once again, ignored his one simple request of putting on a damn piece of clothing down her waist. He slammed his head up on the bedframe, hard. Of course this was only going on in his mind, he didn't actually physically hurt himself. He was distracted and distressed but he still had his sanity in check. The images conjured by his scumbag brain were the most dangerous during this time of the day. He had already given up on the idea of convincing her to dress properly at home. She wouldn't have listened to what he says anyway. 

 

He was quiet. She was quiet. The room was silent for once despite the noises coming from the television screen. The only voices echoing in the still room were that of actors starring in another cliche drama. She was lying on the bed, pillow trapped within her arms. It looked like she was going to sleep, it felt like she was going to sleep. But he wasn't sure. He could never be sure when it came to Jiae. 

 

Why should I care? He shook off his thoughts and scrolled through the e-mail that Secretary Kim had sent to him. He needed to get this done by today. It was all part of his job after all, even this.

 

"The sponsors..." he mumbled softly and rested his chin on his palm. The list of sponsors are increasing. That's good news. He thought, eyes carefully scrolling through the list. The project would be a great success with this amount of attention they were receiving from the public. He nodded slightly, satisfied with the report he had received from Secretary Kim.

 

He clicked the keys in a fast and steady pace, responding to Secretary Kim's e-mail with precise instructions and feedbacks regarding the updated report. Screw the break. He furrowed his eyes and put full attention to his work, almost as if he had completely forgotten about his distraction. His father had forced him out of work, giving him a good whole week off his duty to "enjoy his marriage". He paused and leaned back against his seat. Having a break was even more tiring than working, to be honest.  

 

"Hm..." he stiffened immediately. Her voice was just a breath away from his ear. Jiae raised an eyebrow at him. "Fruits?" she grinned, raising a plate of fruits in her hand. She must have noticed the questionable look displayed on his face. He thought so when she tried to reason out her sudden interruption. "I was bored." she reasoned, shrugging her shoulders casually.

 

Mark didn't know what to say then. Watch some drama then. That might sound too cold. What do you want to do then? That would make him sound far too concerned. And who knows what Jiae would say if he were to actually ask that.  

 

"You should really take a break." she said and handed him a fork. "Your father gave you a week off to rest, not to work in a different environment."

 

"I enjoy working," he mumbled, taking the fork from her hand. "Go to bed, it's almost twelve already."

 

Jiae shook her head. "You should really get some rest now." she clicked her tongue. "It's going to be another long day tomorrow, you know."

 

Another long day. He pressed his lips at the three words. Right, how could he have forgotten the most dangerous part of their plan? That sneaky old bastard, he had Jin plan out their honeymoon without consulting them in advance. He knew he should have expected this after knowing that his father had recommended Jin to them, but why didn't he see that coming sooner? 


"Mark?" 


He snapped his head to her direction. Her head was tilted slightly, brow arched at his lack of response. He hadn't been eating the fruits, nor did he reply to whatever she said. He didn't even notice when she took the fork from his hand and ate the fruits herself. "Yeah?" he asked, sounding a little distant. 

 

She chuckled. Shaking her head, she flicked his forehead. "Idiot." she smiled. 

 

At that point, Mark was just confused. Sure, it did skip. His common sense would shut down for a split second. But there was something more to it. Why is she being so gentle now? He gulped, blinking his eyes at the girl who picked up a thin slice of apple with her fingers. To make things worse, she's actually humming to a soft melody that he hadn't heard of. 

 

"Here." She grinned, pushing the apple to his lips. He blinked once, lips unconsciously parted for her to stuff the apple into his mouth. The apple slice was thin, an odd way to cut the fruit. He noticed her playful grin still staying on her face, her index finger was still pressed on his lips.

 

"The apples..." He spoke when she removed her finger.

 

"Don't they taste like chips this way?" She said proudly. "I personally enjoyed eating apples like this."

 

They do... Sort of. He nodded his head and picked another slice. 

 

"It's nice isn't it?" She seemed proud. He thought, nodding his head again. He wouldn't lie. It did taste good. 

 

"So you took the bait." He frowned and turned to her. What did she just say? She chuckled and pressed her index finger between his kneaded brows.

 

"Come on, you need to get out of work. Workaholic." She smiled, tugging his arm to get him out of his seat. "It's your break, enjoy it while you can."

 

Saying that he was shock would be an understatement. He was frozen stiff when Jiae managed to pull him away from his working devices. How did she do that? He wouldn't understand it. The feeling of having her hands holding tight on his arm felt refreshing. It felt light, skipping stones jumping in his abdomen. He gulped, eyes followed her as she turns to him.

 

"Sleep." She gestured, pointing at the bed.

 

"Jiae..." Mark sighed, shaking his head. Yes, he is going to make up excuses to avoid staring at her in bed. 

 

"I really need to work." Lies. "It's pretty important." But that can wait. 

 

Jiae clicked her tongue. "You're a bad liar." She rolled her eyes and pushed him to the bed. Before he can react after colliding with the mattress, she was already right at his face. He stiffened, shoulders tensed at the dangerous, fading distance between them. What is going on? He gulped, eyes widened at Jiae. This bold woman had her hands pressed on each side of his shoulders, trapping him in the tight space that he can barely move f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter