Wants 030

You Want Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You Want Me
Don't you?

Wants 030
I want to trust you, let me trust you. 

 

The ride was quiet. She didn't know what to say. He didn't want to talk either. It was just... silence playing in the tight space. Her lips were sealed tight, eyes staring out at the window as she watches the vehicle drive past every road that she was getting familiar with. This is stupid, how long has it been since she was here? She lost count, but everything seemed distant now.

 

I can never stay anyway. Her fingers curled into a ball of fist as she nibbles her lips. Mark called Jaebum his brother-in-law. She heard that straight, loud and clear. He wouldn't have said that if he doesn't know about her past. Her hands trembled on her lap. He checked on her past. She gritted her teeth as soon as the car went down to the familiar basement. The silence was still there, but she can hear his heavy, quick breathing as he pulls the handbreak. 

 

They still wouldn't talk to each other. 

 

Mark turned to Jiae. There was something he wanted to say, but he just couldn't seem to get it out of his mouth. Jiae wasn't looking at him too, her hands were held tight on her lap, her shoulders were tensed, and her eyes... She was just looking at elsewhere but him.

 

Save me. She just wanted to dig a hole and hide. She heard a soft, long sigh coming from him. He opened the door, got out of the vehicle and slammed the door shut, something he hadn't done before. She forced a lump of anxiety down , everything was threatening to fall now that he has found out about it. What will he say now? How will she explain herself now? She had nothing on him for him to believe her. He wouldn't trust her anymore.

 

She trembled at the thought.

 

Tuck. She tilted her head up when she noticed the door opened. He opened the door for her, his eyes were on her even though he wasn't talking at all. Quietly, she got out of the car, and he made a swift turn and walked to the elevator door.

 

He's still looking straight ahead as if she was never there.

 

Is this how things will end? She pursed her lips and pulled her arms over her waist. The elevator ride was quiet as well. He was just staring at the numbers increasing, while she was staring at his cold back. The ride felt like eternity, a painful ride that she didn't know how to respond to. When the door ticks open, she watched as he took quick steps out of the elevator. He didn't turn back, that's what she realized. 

 

She quietly followed him into the unit.

 

He removed his coat and hung it neatly on the coat rack, he even placed his shoes neatly without her help this time. Her expression turned dull, her eyes began to cloud as soon as he halts his steps. She stopped as well. She was keeping a safe distance from him in case he ends up... hating her. She saw how his fist was shaking by his side. His fist was clenched tight, veins pulsed, surfacing on his skin. His lips were sealed tight, hung low. And his eyes... She couldn't read those eyes that were drowned in mist. 

 

"I read it." She stiffened at the sound of his voice. His voice was deep, stern as though he was talking to a stranger. It was cold, like the air that was embracing her cold figure. "Jinyoung gave it to me."

 

Her breath shakened as soon as he turns around. His eyes were just... Unreadable. She couldn't explain it, but it looked... Sad. Why is he sad? Why was there signs of despair in his eyes? She didn't know what to say, her lips weren't moving, her voice isn't coming out.

 

"Your name was Im Jiae. You were sent to the orphanage at the age of 17." She was just staring at him as he takes small steps towards her. "You didn't drop out of high school, you were expelled..." Her feet stumbled back as soon as he strode forward. Her back felt the cold wall. She was at a dead end.

 

"... I saw the records as well." Mark stopped, breath drew dangerously in front of her. Her skin jumped, dotted goosebumps as she feels his warmth on her chilling skin. Why is he still doing this? She nibbled her lips as he presses his arm next to her. His frown was stuck on his face, and his eyes were just... glassy. 

 

"Tell me the truth, Jiae." Why does his voice sound so gentle now? He was cold just moments ago. He was so... Distant. So why is he being so gentle now? His thumb brushed, gently tugging her stray strands behind her ear. She probably didn't realize the tears that fell along with her dropped heartbeat. She was in pain, crushed when he found his eyes. "Just tell me already..."

 

Will you believe me? She pressed her lips and shook her head. She didn't want to speak. She didn't want to risk hearing the same thing from Mark like it was with her very own brother. Jaebum never believed her, he begged her to admit that she was wrong.

 

"So... You actually found out." She was smiling. Her lips were curved despite the tears that were betraying her. She was trying to keep herself composed, to conceal all the fear that was building up in her.

 

"So what now? Is it going to end?" Her lips began to tremble again. "You're... Going to end it right?" Us. You're going to end us... Right? 

 

He was quiet. He was just watching, staring at the way her lips trembles, the way her eyes were glassy yet determined to keep her composure, and the way she tries to hold back from breaking. It made him feel bad, it made him feel useless in front of her. 

 

"Jiae..." She shook her head. "I'm not listening." She covers her ears and shook her head vigorously. "I don't want to hear anything." 

 

"I just..." ... want to get out of that life. Is it that hard? She bit her lips tight and squeezed her eyes shut. 

 

The silence was unbearable. She was in tears, but not sobbing. He was in pain, but not showing. He couldn't find the right word to say. He wasn't an expert in comforting people. It was never a part of his job. But now, in his arms, was a strong woman who refuses fall despite herself slowly breaking apart. He needs to be there for her. He wants to. But how? 

 

He swallowed the uneasiness. He should be moving rather than worrying about it. "Jiae..." Gently, his huge palms caught her face. She refused to look at him. She was biting her lips, eyes glaring at other direction as her tears continue to trail down her cheeks. The tears were painful, it killed him right there. He pursed his lips and leaned in, resting his forehead on hers. 

 

She needs assurance. He closed his eyes. She needs it a lot. 

 

"Remember when I said I trust you?" He smiled, making her face him. Her frown deepened. Her lips were slightly scarred from the gritting. 

 

His thumb gently trailed, traced her lips. "I mean every word I said, Jiae." He whispered softly, and she stiffened. 

 

Even after that? She parted her lips, and sealed it back again. She wasn't sure if he was actually serious about it. He could have lied. He could be lying. But... 

 

"I..." Her tears shivered as her body shook at the memory. Everything was beginning to haunt her as though she did wrong, when in fact, that wasn't the case. Her hands clung on his shirt, her fingers curled, trembling on the thin material as she clenched her jaw in fear. "I didn't... I..."

 

Her voice was at a choke point. She wanted to speak, but every bit of feelings that she kept hidden, sealed in the box was poured out, overflowing to the point where she just... Broke apart.

 

Her cries were loud, sharp in his ears. But he didn't step back. He made sure to keep her close as she breaks in his arms. 

 

Because with that, he can finally be sure that she'll be fine then. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter