Wants 024

You Want Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You Want Me
Don't you?

Wants 024
I want you to live, and I did, with a mistake that might haunt me sooner or later. 

 

Her initial plan was to find Jung Daesom, to find out about that child's current location. But the plan failed the moment she noticed that the hallway cleared out. Kai wouldn't be here. He would have left already. I should have called. It was almost as if god forbid her from searching for that child. She would have laughed, but decided to take the chance to reminisce the past.

 

If it weren't for that bastard lying on the hospital bed, she wouldn't have gone back to such a place. School had always been the grey line between heaven and hell to her. The beautiful memories were there, but so were the terrible ones. The happy memories wouldn't last long before her eyes, everything will be replaced with the pain she honestly didn't want to witness again. 

 

Life just isn't fair. She smiled bitterfly as they enter the convenience store. There were rows of items displayed on racks, but her eyes were only on one specific brand of candy. It was the same candy he had always been eating. She picked up the package and smiled at Mark. "Can we?" She asked, and he nodded. 

 

"Just get whatever you want." He said, tugging his hands into his uniform pocket.

 

She grinned and took the candy. "Just this." She said, arm hooked with his as they went to check out their purchases.

 

When they were done, she opened the packet and took one candy, popping it in and squealed lightly. "This is so good." She said and opened another packet for Mark. "Here." She offered the candy, and he frowned. "I don't like sweets."

 

"Just eat it." She pressed the candy to his lips. "Trust me, it's good. I had this all the time back when I was still in high school." 

 

It was true, she had that a lot in high school. He, her seatmate named Myungsoo, would always offer her that. It's funny how the peace they had back then could resort into this. It's funny how she became the healthy one and he looked like crap now.

 

She chuckled when Mark groaned and pulled her hand back. "With who? That Myungsoo dude-" His eyes widened when she shoved the candy right into his mouth. He paused, eyes stared at the woman who simply smiled and sealed his lips with her index finger. 

 

"It's good isn't it?" She asked, grinning widely as soon as she draws her hand back. Mark nodded. The candy had just the right amount of sweetness, not too sweet, but enough to warm his heart. He watched as Jiae smile gleefully and sighed. As long as she's happy. She linked her arm with his and walked down the busy path.

 

The street was busy, a noisy place filled with business men and busy cars moving up and down the road. He pulled her closer, arm wrapped around her waist as he guides her out of the crowd. "Noisy." He muttered, eyes glaring at all directions. He honestly didn't like how busy Seoul can be sometimes. If he was given a chance, he wouldn't want to experience this again. 

 

Jiae laughed. "You should get use to it." She said. "Your future girlfriend might like it." 

 

"Well, do you?" He asked, and she stiffened. Don't think otherwise. It was a general question. She knew she shouldn't be thinking too much. He was just asking casually, there weren't any particular meaning to it. So why does her heart beat? She pursed her lips. 

 

"I'd prefer somewhere like Han River." She said. "Somewhere peaceful... Less people..." Somewhere far from the crowd. 

 

To be honest, she never liked crowded places. Places like Myungdong suffocates her. It reminded her of the people that left, the people that had long forgotten her existence as though it didn't matter, as if it wasn't significant enough. That didn't matter back then, she was used to it.

 

So what if Mark was the same? She wondered. What if he'll come to forget about her in the near future? How will she feel then? She honestly didn't want to picture how she would have felt when they meet again years after. That guy didn't forget. But that was a different case. That idiot knew her long enough to remember her after all these years. But Mark only knew her for less than a month. How could she compare them both, knowing that the results would differ drastically?   

 

"Let's go then." 

 

"Eh?" She frowned at Mark's sudden remark. It was out of the blue. Something she wasn't expecting from the man. She would expect him to want to head back home already, but he was just calm, smiling. 

 

"I said, let's go to the Han River." He said. "We'll bring Coco too. I've been busy these days that I didn't get to walk her."  

 

She couldn't believe her ears. He was usually the one who would suggest them to head home instead of hanging around more. Why is he doing this now? She hesitated to answer his question. 

 

Before she realizes it, they found his car. And despite all the hesitation and undecided actions, she found Han River flowing before her.

 

Woof. Coco barked and circled around her. "Aigo, Coco-ah." Jiae carried the young pup and puckered her lips. "Give unnie a kiss." She followed the pup as it bobs its head back. 

 

Mark shook his head. "Stop harassing my daughter." He smirked and took Coco away.

 

Jiae pouted. "That makes Coco my daughter as well." She crossed her arms and frowned. "I'm married to you, remember?" 

 

"You didn't take care of her, so it's obvious that she's my princess."

 

Her heart made a short pause uncomfortably. So, a dog over her. She felt the bitterness drawing down . "Your princess, huh." She clicked her tongue and turned to the Han River. "Dear god, my husband prefers a dog over me. What should I do?" She drew a heavy sigh.

 

Mark shook his head. She's being impossible now. He thought and released Coco. The young pup stumbled to Jiae and sat down, wagging its tail as it barks once. Jiae chuckled. "Appa is being mean to me." She turned to Mark. "He's such a meanie isn't he?" 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter