eight

The Hidden Secret
Please log in to read the full chapter

I open my eyes and swift to my left to look at my watch, it’s 7:20 in the next morning. Yesterday, HyeRin and I spent our time mostly being tourists. We went to Zaanse Schans to see Dutch windmill, we took a tour about traditional Dutch clog making and cheese making, we went into museums, Anne Frank House and so on, pretty much what any tourist would do when they are in the city.

I glance to HyeRin on my right, she’s still sleeping peacefully. She lets one of her pillows supporting her head while hugging the other one. I take a deep breath, drown in my own thoughts and dilemma. The more I spend times with HyeRin, the more attractive she is in my eyes. I like her smile that she puts on all the time, I like the way she lets her hair down, I like it when she goof around, her energy and excitement is pretty much what keep me happy these few weeks—the feeling I have long forgotten, I like her pure innocent mind, and right now, I really like the way she pouts when she’s sleeping.

Slowly I begin to understand how hard my mission to save HyeMi would be. I have to choose between the one that I love and the one that’s done nothing wrong to deserve pain to suffer, I’d end up being the devil himself. I curse myself for enjoying every moment that I have with HyeRin, i feel like a bad man that’s cheating on his fiancé. As much as I’m drowned to HyeRin, I cannot forget the fact that I’m tied up with HyeMi back at home. I will pretend that what I have with HyeRin is just a fling anyone can feel during their trip, once the trip ends, the feeling will be forgotten.

I watch her sleep for some more before I let my fingers brush strands of her hair from her cheek. HyeRin moves and mumbles, she then opens her eyes.

“Good morning sleepy head.” I whisper as she wakes up.

She blinks a few times and lifts her hand to softly touch my cheek. “Bonjour, étranger”

I’m taken aback by her simple gesture, I believe my heart just skip a beat when she smiles at me. I clear my throat to hide my nervousness.

“Today’s the Queen’s day, you’ve been waiting for this. Wake up HyeRin-a.”

She tosses and turns in her blanket, “What time is it?”

“Seven-ish.”

“Oppa, it’s too early, they don’t party before noon.” She yawns to get more oxygen into her brain.

“Can I get you anything? Coffee? Tea?”

She lifts her body and leans her back on the head board, “no, water will be great.”

I get up and walk towards the mini bar to get her bottled water and I turn on the electric kettle for my coffee. “I thought you’d at least drink coffee in the morning.”

“No, I don’t drink coffee, it does bad things to my digestion system.”

“Here you go.” I open the bottle cap and hand her the water.

“Merci.” She gulps down the entire water in that bottle in seconds.

“Whoa, thirsty aren’t you?”

“Drink enough water in the morning helps your body to restart. It has good effect anyway.”

“And I notice you’ve been very strict about what you eat. Are you engaging yourself in some kind of weird diet program?” I get back to the mini bar to brew my coffee.

“No, I just like to eat healthy.” She gets up and walks towards me.

“What’s our plan today?”

“Hmm, the main stage will be at Museum plein, that’s a short walk from here I think. We’ll go there and have fun.” She widens her eyes and smiles with excitement.

I nod along to her idea, it’s her trip anyway I’m just the body guard.

“By the way, did you bring anything orange?”

“I have orange tie, why?”

She rolls her eyes, “Ugh, don’t tell me you’re planning to wear you boring suit again.”

“Boring? Hahaha, do you know how much that cost me?” I glance at her as I pour the hot water into my cup.

“I know, but it’s a party on the road. You don’t wear your expensive suits to it. You look better with a t-shirt like this, anyway.” She pinches the rim of my shirt, “Seems more approachable.”

“Approachable.” I chuckle, “Is that your way of telling me that I look good?”

She lifts her

Please log in to read the full chapter