thirty

The Hidden Secret
Please log in to read the full chapter

Another week has passed and we noticed some security addition around HyeRin’s room. The guard aren’t necessarily guarding outsider from getting into HyeRin’s ward, they’re put there simply to avoid HyeRin getting out of the hospital. Usually it’s easy for us to slip into the cafeteria and grab less boring food for both of us, these past week it’s impossible to get out of her room without being followed.

Talking about food, HyeRin’s appetite has decrease so much. It seems to me that she’s starving herself in order to achieve bad condition, therefore her operation day will be postponed. I’m not a big fan of her idea, but at the same time I can’t really say anything to her.

I’ve been trying to reach Park IlShik ever since HyeRin asked—begged—me to and still not receiving any good news. HyeRin would always ask me about this matter every night before we go to sleep, every day I give the same answer, and every night she’d cry in her sleep cursing to herself. She told me that she knew her uncle won’t take her back, but she still needs to say her goodbye. At least she wished her uncle will give her a chance to say thank you for taking her in for the past five years.

From time to time, I’ve been starring into the name card Park IlShik gave me before we went to Seoul. I remember he said if I need anything—that means anything at all—I should just call this guy, Park YoungJoo. I wonder if one quick call for me could end HyeRin’s misery altogether and also send her back to her uncle. I’ve consider this after I notice HyeRin’s helplessness with the situation, the only thing that holds me back from calling this guy is only because I don’t know what will happen to me if I call him. I’m not worry because I might be punished by the president or somewhat, I’m afraid if I give this guy a call, I’d never seen HyeRin again for the rest of my life—because I remember clearly Park IlShik said that they need to “vanish” this time.

“Oppa..” HyeRin’s voice brings my attention back to her.

“Ne HyeRin-a?”

“Come here.” She pats the space beside her, “I want to hug you.”

I obey her to come closer and round my arm beneath her head to support her. “ Do you want something to eat? What about some milk? Let’s drink some milk.”

“No, I’m okay.”

“Ya, you look super thin and pale. Please get something in your stomach. Ne? or maybe you want some doughnut?”

“I want my uncle.” she replies weakly.

I get a sinking feeling in my chest. Here I am just one call away from actually finding her uncle, yet I’m hesitating because of my own fear.

“HyeRin-a, if I can find him, will you run away?” I let

Please log in to read the full chapter