thirty one

The Hidden Secret
Please log in to read the full chapter

As I put the phone closer to my ear I feel my heart beats faster each and every ring I have to wait. After the sixth ring someone greet me from the other end of the line.

“Yeoboseyo?” A deep man’s voice heard from the other end.

“Yeoboseyo, anyeonghaseyo. My name is Ok TaecYeon, I got your number from Park IlShik regarding an emergency situation.”

The man holds his breath a little, “Wait a second, I’ll move to my private office first.” Sound like he’s stepping out from a meeting.

“Iye.” I hold my breath as well, not knowing what to expect from this man. I also step inside the bathroom in HyeRin’s ward—safety reason just in case the security in front of her room eavesdropping.

“What’s your name again?” He asks after he locks himself in a closed space.

“TaecYeon. Ok TaecYeon. I call because this is an emergency situation. Park IlShik..”

“Where is she?” He doesn’t let me explain my reason.

“Ne?”

“Park HyeRin, is she save? Has she gone through the surgery? Please tell me she hasn’t.”

“No, not yet. That’s why I’m calling now. At first she thought she could run away from this situation because she knew she won’t be an eligible candidate. Apparently we’re dealing with the most powerful man in the country that’s willing to do anything to save his daughter.”

“How bad is the security around you?” He sounds like he’s in a rush.

“The perimeter has been blocked by a lot of agents…”

“Do you know the exact number?”

“No. but I know there are three of them in front of the door and one guarding the elevator.”

“Can you get in and out easily from the room?”

“I can, but she can’t and she’s been in a very week condition at this moment since she decided to go on a hunger strike.” I explain more about her situation.

He takes a deep breath, and I can hear typing sound as if he’s typing into his computer at the moment. “What hospital is she in?”

“Seoul National University Hospital.”

“Wait, I’ll look into the blueprint of the facility.” More typing sound comes from his side of the line.

As I wait for him, a loud banging voice come from the room, I almost reach for the door handle—worried if HyeRin’s falling or something—when I hear HyeRin Speaks loudly as if she’s sending a signal for me to stay in the bathroom.

“ABOJI! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?” she raises her voice in panic.

I think Park YoungJoo can also hear the disturbance in our call, “Is someone coming? If you can’t speak right now just press a number once in your phone as a ‘yes’ and twice as a ‘no’.”

I follow and press any number once.

“Is it the president?”

I press once one more time.

“Better make yourself invisible at the moment, call me back after he left.” Then hangs up.

I put my phone in silent mode and swift myself deeper into the bathroom. What the heck is the president doing here at this hour?

“Sign here.” His voice is full of command.

“What for?”

“This is a letter of agreement, you sign it here and tomorrow our lawyer will legalize it.”

“I don’t want to.”

As soon as HyeRin refuse his order, a slapping sound follows. “YOU WHINY CHILD! LISTEN TO MY ORDER AND JUST DO SO! DO YOU THINK YOU CAN GET OUT OF THIS SITUATION?! BETTER SIGN THIS WHILE I STILL HAVE MERCY ON YOUR SOUL!!”

“MERCY? WHAT KIND OF MERCY?” HyeRin’s trembling voice soars across the room.

“HyeRin-ssi,” he speaks slower but in a more cautious tone. “I told you that you have no choice for this. No one’s standing up for you this time, I see that old bastard IlShik doesn’t even care to rescue you this time, eh?” He chuckles cunningly. “You’d better do this procedure and in return I’ll give you your freedom. I’ll let you live in my house again and provide you with anything you need—until your time comes, which we both know won’t be long after.”

“I don’t want to.”

“It’s not a choice,

Please log in to read the full chapter