fourteen

The Hidden Secret
Please log in to read the full chapter

By dawn the next morning I already drown myself in alcohol. I lock myself in my study and didn’t even care to find a shot glass to drink the liquor. If I can be honest, I’m too tired with everything that happened recently. Since the day I transferred back in time up to this point, I haven’t find a time to relax—at least that’s what I feel. I wish I have a hobby or another activity that can take my mind off my messed up life.

I gulp down another portion of liquor straight from its bottle, I wish I had saved the joint HyeRin and I got in Amsterdam for my own personal use right now. I smile to the memory of HyeRin that passes my head, how is she right now? I wonder what she will tell me if she sees me drinking like this-I bet she’ll ask me to give her a shot because she wants to know how it tastes like. I search for my phone and start opening the photo album to find her picture, her grinning face from the festival appears as I open the file. I need that right now, I need the freedom I felt when I was with her. It will make me sound like a jerk, but I need her to console me from my pain, I need her to cheer me up—need her as the solace for my broken heart.

I follow my heart and give her a call. She picks up after the seventh rings.

“Sais-tu quelle heure il est?” Her soar voice answers.

“Bonsoir, Mademoiselle Park.”

“Qui appelle?”

“Okay, I give up I don’t understand French that much.” I laugh to my own stupidity.

“Taec oppa?”

“Ng, it’s me. How are you HyeRin-a?”

“Are you drunk? You sound like you are.” She clears .

“I’m just having a little drink.”

“Is everything okay?” how could she sounds so concern about me.

“Everything is fine. How are you?”

“I’m better.”

“Good to hear that.” I take another gulp from the bottle. “I miss you.”

“Whoah Taec oppa, you’re lucky that you called me. If you call someone else, I bet this will be a booty call instead.”

I chuckles to her straight forward thinking. “I’m planning to return to Lyon, HyeRin-a.”

“Really? Another business trip?” she cannot hide her excitement in her voi

Please log in to read the full chapter