eleven

The Hidden Secret
Please log in to read the full chapter

I stretch my arms while waiting for my luggage on the belt. I’m back to Incheon after what feels like ages, yesterday  I bid my farewell to HyeRin but she refused to see me—I assumed she’s still embarrassed about what happened the other night, so I only got to say goodbye in front of her bedroom door. I told HyeRin I’ll give her a call once I’m back in town and I hope by the time I return, she’ll be back to her happy self again.

I check on my phone for the hundredth times, I’ve been calling HyeMi since I was in Lyon and her phone is turned off completely. At first I thought it was battery problem, but it’s been too long for a battery problem. I put her number on dial and again being told by the operator that the phone is turned off. Is everything okay?

I make my way to my office right away to report on the business deal I had in Lyon. Even though I’m the CEO and have flexibility when it comes to working hour, I still need to show up every now and then in case an important meeting is being held. I ask my secretary to keep trying to reach HyeMi, I know she hates surprises that’s why I try to call her to inform her that I’m back in Seoul.

“Any luck?” I ask my secretary after my meeting ended.

“Oebsomida, Huijangnim. Still turned off.”

I try to call her one more time and get the same result. Is everything okay with her? I’m aware of her not being in the perfect condition, that’s why everyone needs to check on her from time to time. The last thing I need right now is knowing she’s laying in an ICU somewhere. I try to call her personal body guard and nanny also, but got the same result—their phones also turned off.

“That’s it!  I’m coming to her home. Please call the security in the Blue House, tell them I’m coming. Those guys can be s when it comes to protocols.” I instructed my secretary.

“Iye, Huijangnim.”

I return to my working space to collect my briefcase and some gifts I prepared for HyeMi before I return. I know how much she loves French pastries, I figure she will appreciate this little gesture.

“Huijangnim,” my secretary knock on the door. “I call the head security, he said Miss HyeMi

Please log in to read the full chapter