three

The Hidden Secret
Please log in to read the full chapter

I’ve been hanging out in the café where I met HyeRin for two days, and I haven’t seen her. I’ve been thinking a lot about my mission. The grim reaper told me that he’s only taken me to the place and time that I’ve been to before, he only showed me a different path. He’s right in a way. I remember I had a business trip to Lyon during April this year. Yesterday,I got a call from the car company that we had a deal with in my previous life and it confirms the fact that I’m only repeating what I’ve done 8 months ago, before the time machine adventure I had.

Did I meet HyeRin the first time around but I didn’t notice her? If I become friends with her back then, would HyeMi’s life be saved without me having to travel through time? Can I really do this mission? Can I save HyeMi’s life but put the girl that I just met life in danger? Is that why the grim reaper told me to do his dirty work? He mentioned that I should uncover the truth, what truth?

“Are you waiting to see me?” A woman’s voice interrupts my daydream.

I lift my face and see Park HyeRin standing in front of me. She let her hair falls freely on her shoulder today, although she hasn’t let go off the pink all-stars shoes, her tomboy personas gone when she puts on a simple sleeveless dress that she covers with a cardigan.

“Nice to see you again.” I get up from my seat and take out a chair in front of me for her to sit on. “Should I buy you a coffee?”

“Hm, herbal tea would be nice, I don’t drink coffee.” She replies with a smile. Her wide eyes make a moon shape outline that makes her look cuter in a way.

“Arraseo, wait here.” I order her a chamomile tea and bring the cup to our table. She’s studying her camera again.

“Check this out,” she says offering me to see her camera. It’s my picture she took earlier from the outside of the café. “What were you thinking?”

“You need my permission to take my picture.” I sit on the chair in front of her.

“It’s candid.”

“It’s no longer candid if I know.” I take her camera and study my own photograph. “I guess I was daydreaming.”

“You cannot be daydreaming, look at your expression there, you’re thinking hard.” She points my eyes in the picture.

“Eyes don’t lie?” I mimic her words.

“Exactly.” She takes a sip of her tea. “Thanks for the tea, by the way.”

“Who says I’m buying that for free?” I give her my smirk.

“How much do I owe you?” she begins looking for some cash in her purse.

“No, I don’t want your money, I want your time.”

“Ne?”

“Hang out with me, please.” I put my palm together to beg her.

“Hahaha, is that your way to ask me out?”

I nod and wink at her. I’m trying my best to be as charming as possible.

“I have assignments to do, if you want to hang out with me, then you might have to come with me.” She starts bargaining with me.

“Okay, what’s the plan?”

She sips the rest of her tea and takes her stuff with her before asking me to join her. “I need to take pictures for my next assignment.”

 

The rest of the day had been an adventure for me, I mostly help her to hold her bags while she’s trying to capture good picture for her assignment. We talk along the way, I got some information about herself, she’s a Korean that’s been living in French for 5 years. She studies photography right after she moved here, after a year studying the cameras by herself, she decided to take a real class and here she is doing her final a

Please log in to read the full chapter