twenty three

The Hidden Secret
Please log in to read the full chapter

Six hours later I park HyeRin’s Morris in the drive way of her house, the whole way down all I could think about was how deceived she must have feel right now. She let me be her friends and slowly open up to me about herself only to found out later on the first reason I was approaching her.

I knock on the door several times until Park IlShik open it up for me, the look on his face tells me that he knew what happened earlier today, HyeRin must have told him everything. Park IlShik signal me to come inside and follow him to his private study, he closes the door behind us once we’re inside.

“Is it true? You’re here because of Lee HyeMi?” His soft look has gone; he’s looking at me with an unexplainable wrath in his eyes.

“Samchon, I swear I didn’t know they’re sisters.”

“BUT DID YOU REALLY CAME TO HER FOR THAT FAVOUR?!!” he grabs my collar and pushes me to the wall with all the strength he has.

I’m too surprise by the way he’s channeling his anger, I didn’t have a chance to stand my ground so I’m cornered helplessly to the wall with Park IlShik face only few inches from mine.

“I..”

“TELL ME THE THRUTH!!” He tightens his grips on my collar.

I see there’s no use of denying, “ I was..” I look down on my feet, I never feel more ashamed in my life the way I do now, and they both had done nothing to deserve my betrayal.

I feel the tightness in my collar has loosened as Park IlShik let go of his grip. He walks away from me to take a sit in his study chair.

“Samchon, I’m sorry, I never meant for her to found out this way.”

“How could you, TaecYeon-ssi? What has she done to you to deserve this?”

“She’s done nothing, samchon. I wasn’t going to..”

“You knew how they treated her.” He clenches his jaws trying to calm down.

“I..”

“Even if you didn’t know they’re sisters, how could you ask such favor from her?” He closes his face with his palm, fighting all emotion rushing to him.

I feel like I’ve lost my ability to speak for I know no words will be good enough to explain how sorry I am right now.

“I thought you two are in love. I really thought she finally get what she deserves.” Tears welling up in the corner of his eyes, “How could you crush her heart like that?”  Park IlShik doesn’t try to hide his tears in front of me. Not only I broke HyeRin’s heart, I’ve broken his heart also.

Earlier I felt so ashamed in front of them and now regret has taken over, too. I’m too weak to stand on my feet that I drop onto my knees to beg for his forgiveness.

“Mianhe samchon, please give me a chance to explain myself.” I beg him on my knees.

“And how that’ll make anything better, TaecYeon-ssi?”

“It won’t, but I assure you I didn’t plan to proceed my original plan.” I keep looking down to the floor wishing him to allow me to speak up. “Maybe the reason I’m friends with her at first was to ask her favor, I will not try to

Please log in to read the full chapter