CHAPTER 6

HEAVEN'S EYES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junmyeon stopped breathing. It took him a moment before he sighed heavily. It was the both the happiest and the saddest thing he had ever heard in his entire life.

            “Don’t…do this, Chanyeol,” Junmyeon said softly, “I’ve enough jokes for one day.”

            “It’s true,” Chanyeol insisted, “I really like you, Junmyeon.”

            “No, you don’t,” Junmyeon snapped, “You merely felt sorry for me, as you did to all those who are disabled.”

            “You felt…pity for me, Chanyeol,” Junmyeon continued, “This isn’t ‘like’, this isn’t love.”

            “Junmyeon, please…” Chanyeol grabbed both Junmyeon’s hands in his, “Listen to me…”

            “I spent 5 years with Kris!” Junmyeon burst out, “And he left! What makes you think you will be any different?”

            Chanyeol bit his lower lip. His words hurt. They hurt like knives. Chanyeol felt his heart being torn to pieces. But Junmyeon was wrong. He didn’t know. He wouldn’t know. But Chanyeol knew he had to make him understand. Maybe not now, but one day, he will.

            “Just…get out,” Junmyeon said finally. He took off Chanyeol’s jacket from his back and threw it onto the ground. He felt his face burning and his blood boiled.

            “Just take it and leave!”

            He heard Chanyeol’s footsteps as he bent down to pick up his jacket from the floor. Then, the front door creaked and slammed shut. Chanyeol was gone. Junmyeon sighed and fell backwards onto the couch. He curled up into a ball and started sobbing.

            Images of Kris’s smiling face flooded his memories and made his head ache. He held his head as if it was falling apart. And what’s worse was that he couldn’t get the sound of Chanyeol’s voice out of his mind.

            I like you, Junmyeon. His voice echoed from the back of his mind.

            Warmth crept through Junmyeon’s body suddenly as he felt something weighing down on his shoulders. He smiled secretly inside. His heart raced. He couldn’t decide if it was only his imagination or was it real.

            “Kris?” he whispered softly under his breath, barely loud enough for a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter