CHAPTER 9

HEAVEN'S EYES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The noise was almost unbearable and Junmyeon couldn’t help but wake up from his disturbed sleep. He rolled over to the other side and was rather surprised to find it empty. Chanyeol was nowhere in sight. He had insisted to stay for the night, stating that he wanted to protect Junmyeon. He was afraid of anything happening to him. Junmyeon had gladly agreed for that.

            The knock on the door continued and Junmyeon grew more frustrated. He kicked off the blanket and sat up. He put his hands on his face and wiped in a circular manner. Somehow, this made him more awake. Noises can be heard downstairs. They were human voices.

            Junmyeon’s heart stopped. They were voices he recognized!

            Those voices, Junmyeon cradled his head as if his mind was breaking apart, I know them!

            He moved his feet around until he found the sandals. Pushing himself off the bed, he found his way towards the door carefully. The voices can be heard more clearly once Junmyeon was at the other side of the door. He nearly gasped out loud.

            Kris! His eyes grew wide.

            What is Kris doing here?

            “You have no right to come here after what you’ve done to him.”

            That’s Chanyeol’s voice! Junmyeon realized. His mind was racing like crazy. What the hell was happening down there?

            “I just want to see him one more time,” he heard Kris said, “Please…”

            “For a million times, it’s a no,” he heard Chanyeol replied, “Now leave before I do something worse.”

            “Kris,” Junmyeon let out a soft whisper. His heart hurt all over again. Just when he thought he can forget all about Kris and move on. Just when he had let everything go and decided to let Chanyeol in. He felt the stair railings under his touch. He wanted to descend those stairs. But something tells him that he shouldn’t. He bit his lower lip trying to decide what to do. Just when he was about to take the first step, he heard the front door being slammed shut. Junmyeon tried to move back to the bedroom, but he was too late.

            “Junmyeon…”

            He heard Chanyeol called his name. He turned around and smiled at him nervously. He couldn’t just pretend that he didn’t hear anything just a moment ago.

           

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter