CHAPTER 15

HEAVEN'S EYES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“You ready?”

            Junmyeon heard his soothing voice near his ear. He swallowed nervously before nodding. He felt the cold metal rails beside his arms and suddenly he was moving.

            “Chan-Chanyeol?” he breathed, “Are you there?”

            “I’m here, I’m here,” Chanyeol reassured him as he ran to his side. He caught Junmyeon’s hand in his and gave it a squeeze. He felt Junmyeon’s little hand trembling.

            “You’ll be there with me, right?” Junmyeon asked nervously.

            “Of course I will,” Chanyeol promised, “You’re going to be just fine.”

            He still held on to Junmyeon’s hands when the surgery was about to start. The surgeons and nurses started preparing for the task. Bright lights shone upon Junmyeon’s eyes and he squinted.

            “Chanyeol?”

            “Hmm?”

            “I…I’m scared.”

           “Don’t be…” Chanyeol soothed him as he ran his hand over Junmyeon’s face, wiping away the sweat and tears.

            “You’ll be alright,” he said once more.

            “I promise.”

            The sound of Chanyeol’s voice echoed in his ears as Junmyeon felt himself losing consciousness. Eventually, he couldn’t fight the drowsiness and slipped into dreamland.

 

~    ~    ~

 

“Can you do me a favor?”

            “What do you want?” Kris snapped.

            “Please, just this once, for Junmyeon,” Chanyeol replied sadly.

            After thinking for a while, Kris gave in.

            “Alright, but just this once,” Kris said, “And I’m not helping you, I’m doing it for Junmyeon.”

            “Thanks, Kris,” Chanyeol replied. He pressed an envelope into Kris’s hands while he told him everything about what he planned to do. Kris’s eyes grew wide.

            “Are you serious?”

            Chanyeol nodded solemnly.

            “And Junmyeon…” Kris said, “He…he doesn’t know?”

            Chanyeol shook his head quietly.

            “And you need to help me keep that a secret,” Chanyeol pleaded.

            “Alright, I promise,” Kris said.

            There was a moment of silence as Chanyeol let his decision sink in and Kris just stared at him quietly.

            “You know, maybe Junmyeon really does deserve you,” Kris began and Chanyeol looked up at him.

            “You obviously love him more than I do.”

            “I…thank you?” Chanyeol replied, raising an eyebrow. But Kris gave him a smile. His words were not sarcastic or insults. He sincerely meant it. Chanyeol smiled back.

            “So…when will this happen?” Kris asked, waving the envelope in his hand.

            “Tomorrow,” Chanyeol replied after swallowing the lump in his throat.

            “Are you ready then?”

            “As ready as I’ll ever be,” Chanyeol managed a brave smile.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter