CHAPTER 17

HEAVEN'S EYES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

The sun shone above the sky and hid behind the white clouds. The weather was nice and a soft breeze was blowing. Junmyeon took a deep breath and smiled.

            “Here we are,” Kris said and stopped the car. What Junmyeon saw took his breath away. They parked right in front of a very large garden full of all kinds of flowers and trees. Junmyeon gasped out loud.

            “This is the Ashikaga flower park,” Kris explained, “Beautiful isn’t it?”

            Junmyeon nodded without speaking. He found it hard to even breathe in front of something so majestic.

            “Come on, he’s inside,” Kris said and Junmyeon followed him without a word.

            They passed by the Kawachi fuji garden and went through the wisteria tunnel. Junmyeon looked all around him in amazement. When he settled down, he noticed Kris looking at him and smiling. It was like the good old days. It felt the same yet somehow different. They’re both a different person now. It wasn’t love that had kept them together but rather the friendship they had shared through all these years. Kris pressed a single flower into Junmyeon’s hands and he beamed at him, smiling like the happiest man in the whole wide world.

            “You see that?” Kris said and gestured to a direction. Not very far away from where they were standing, there was a small cottage-like hut.

            “He’s inside.”

            Junmyeon turned around and wrapped his arms around Kris’s waist tightly.

            “Thank you so much, Kris.”

            Kris patted his back gently, “Good luck, Junmyeon.”

            Junmyeon looked up at him and smiled, “I guess this is goodbye?”

            Kris hugged him back tighter, “Goodbye, Junmyeon.”

            “Maybe I’ll see you around,” Kris said as he started to walk away.

            “See you later, my friend,” Junmyeon replied. And he watched Kris’s silhouette disappeared among the many colours of the flowers.

 

~    ~    ~

 

Knock….knock…

            “Who’s there?” he asked, “Jane, is that you?”

            “Who’s Jane?”

            “Junmyeon?” Chanyeol almost fell backwards, “What are you doing here?”

            “How did you know I’m here?” he asked, “Kris told you, didn’t he?”

            “I think the better question should be ‘What are you doing here?’,” Junmyeon replied.

            “I told you, Junmyeon,” Chanyeol said, “I was going to find you soon. After I am ready.”

            “Ready for what?”

            “You wouldn’t understand,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter