CHAPTER 4

HEAVEN'S EYES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ooh…what is this?” the playful kid picked up Junmyeon’s walking stick and ran around the room with it.

            “Seung Woo! Drop that this instant!” Chanyeol boomed and the naughty kid gave it back to Junmyeon immediately. Junmyeon laughed a little. It’s been a while since he had spent time with children. He didn’t exactly adore children and so did Kris. But now, Chanyeol had shown him how happiness could come so easily to those who are willing to embrace their life.

            Suddenly, a small hand touched Junmyeon’s. He jumped out of surprise. The hand was so tiny and delicate. And it was so warm too. Junmyeon closed his other hand around the little hand softly and gently. The little hand didn’t shudder.

            “Hey there,” Junmyeon said softly.

            “Hi,” the voice of a little girl replied shyly.

            “My name is Junmyeon. What’s yours?” Junmyeon tried to sound friendly. He smiled at the direction he thought the little girl was standing.

            “I’m…Ji Hye,” her voice was soft and gentle.

            “Can I…can I touch your face?”

            Junmyeon was rather startled by the question. It certainly felt weird coming from a little child. But he agreed to it anyway. He felt the little fingers began to move within his grasp. Junmyeon let go of her hands.

            “I guess it’s…okay,” Junmyeon closed his eyes. He felt the tingling feeling of the little fingers as they made contact with his cheeks first. They caressed them ever so softly. Junmyeon smiled secretly. The little hands cupped his cheeks and held them for a while as if she was feeling them. Then, she moved towards his nose, and then his eyes and his ears.

            “You’re…beautiful,” the little girl said when she moved her hands away. She slipped her little hands into Junmyeon’s once more. Junmyeon held them without hesitation.

            “Why, thank you,” he said as he moved his hands towards his best guess at where she was standing. Luckily, he found her and cupped her cheeks in his palm.

            “Sorry if that felt a little awkward,” she said softly, “My hands are my eyes.”

            “You mean-?”

            “I’m blind,” she replied plainly, “I can’t see.”

            “Oh, I…I’m sorry to hear that.”

            “Don’t be,” her voice sounded cheerful, “I’m happy, and that’s enough for me.”

            Junmyeon was stunned at her answer. He heard the sound of her feet dancing on the floor as it became further and further. The soft footsteps were soon replaced by a much heavier one.

            “So, what do you think?” It was Chanyeol. He sat down beside Junmyeon.

            “She…she…”

            “You mean that little girl Ji Hye?” Chanyeol asked as he watched the blind little girl squealed as she ran across the room, playing tag with the oth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter