CHAPTER 14

HEAVEN'S EYES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

The soft brush ran across Junmyeon’s face like a feather. He felt a strong wind blowing over his head and he knew that it was a hairdryer. He felt the comb making its way through his hair, trying to make it look better. He knew he was seated in front of a mirror. But he couldn’t even see how good he looked on his own wedding day.

            “There, all done,” the stylist said satisfyingly.

            “Thank you,” Junmyeon replied politely. It was almost time. He got up, readjusted his tuxedo and brushed off invisible dust from his sleeves.

            “You ready?” he heard a sweet voice asked. It was his makeup artist. She had a very gentle voice. It soothed Junmyeon inside out, which was what he needed at the moment. He nodded slightly and the girl took his hand in hers.

            As soon as the door opened, Junmyeon could feel the hundreds of eyes staring at him. He swallowed and tried to stay calm. He felt his palm sweat and he suddenly felt nervous. His life flashed before his mind. The things he’d done, the things he’d seen. As the memories unraveled, Junmyeon began to question himself. Is this really where he wanted to end up in?

            Without him realizing it, he had arrived at the front of the aisle. And he could hear Kris’s soft whisper.

            “You ready?” he could imagine Kris smiling down at him. So he smiled back and nodded slightly, letting Kris took his hand in his.

            His mind was in a blur as the preacher started reading the vows. Kris squeezed his hand softly. Junmyeon could still feel cold sweats in his palm. He tried to clear his head and stay calm. But he couldn’t. There’s too much thing going on. His heart and mind were battling. His emotions joined in. All of them were trying to decide what Junmyeon really wanted.

            Then, the moment came.

            “I do.” He heard Kris said.

            “And will you, Kim Junmyeon, take Kris as your lawfully wedded husband?”

            Junmyeon couldn’t open his mouth. He felt his lips were as dry as the desert. He it with his lips and felt them trembling. His hand must be shaking as he heard Kris asking him if he was alright. Slowly, he parted his trembling lips.

            “I…I…don’t.”

            There were gasps of shock coming from the crowds of people. But Junmyeon couldn’t care less. Kris didn’t even speak. He must still be in too much of a shock. Without wasting any more moment, Junmyeon turned around and started to run. He knew he couldn’t see. He didn’t know where he was going. He didn’t even know where the door was. But all he knew was that he must get out of that place.

            He touched on walls until he found the door. He gave it a push and ran forward. Sounds of traffic told him that he was outside. Not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter