CHAPTER 3

HEAVEN'S EYES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junmyeon ran his finger across the smooth texture of the tuxedo hanging in his cupboard. It was the one he would wear to the wedding that he didn’t get to attend. Without realizing, a tear fell. Right now, all he wanted was to forget the memories of Kris. But he knew he could never do that. He closed the cupboard door with a deep sigh.

            He needed to get some fresh air. But Junmyeon felt insecure to walk alone with no one beside him to be his eyes. But then, he thought that it was time that he should learn to walk on his own now. He took the walking stick and grabbed a pair of shades.

            Outside, the sun was burning bright. But to Junmyeon, it was like just any other night, with no stars or moonlight to light up his way.

            With the help of the walking stick, Junmyeon managed to walk for about half an hour without too much trouble. He stopped in his tracks when he heard familiar voices and children laughter. He figured he must have arrived at the park.

            Carefully, he found an empty bench and seated himself on it. The sounds of nature filled his ears and Junmyeon started to relax. In the distance, he could hear dogs barking and children laughing as they ran. Somewhere near to his left, he heard women chatting excitedly. He smiled to himself. It wasn’t so bad for his first time walking alone.

            All of a sudden, he felt something weighed onto the bench and he sensed an existence beside him. Instinctively, he turned to his left to face the person who had just come.

            “Hey there,” the man’s tone was friendly, “Nice weather, huh?”

            “Uhh…yeah, it’s just nice,” Junmyeon replied quickly. He didn’t know how the weather was but he didn’t want him to know that he was blind either. He didn’t know why. But he still found his imperfection embarrassing.

            “Why are you wearing sunglasses though?” the man asked, “The sun isn’t that bright.”

            “Oh, uhh…it’s a little too bright for me,” Junmyeon laughed nervously and hoped that he wouldn’t ask any more questions. And he didn’t. After a few seconds of awkward silence, the man left and Junmyeon sighed in relief.

            Junmyeon didn’t know how long he had sat there, enjoying the sunny weather and nature until he felt a rather cold breeze blowing his way.

            Is it night yet? Junmyeon felt frustrated that he could never tell the time. Feeling that it probably was, Junmyeon got up from the bench and started to find his way home.

            Just as he was trying not to keep himself on the side of the road, a familiar voice called out to him. The voice was too familiar. Junmyeon turned his head towards the voice.

            “Junmyeon!”

            “Oh hey! Uhh…Chanyeol,” Junmyeon was so startled he nearly forgotten the name.

            “What are you doing out here in this cold night?”

            “Oh, I…uh, was enjoying a cool night walk in the park just now,” Junmyeon answered and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter