CHAPTER 8

HEAVEN'S EYES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junmyeon felt his soft touch caressed his face, his fingers traced across his cheek and to his forehead. Junmyeon felt like he was dreaming. But this is better, he thought. This wasn’t a dream. This was real.

            “How are you feeling now?” Chanyeol asked gently, touching Junmyeon’s forehead as if checking his temperature. Junmyeon smiled.

            “Much better now,” he nodded, “Thanks, Chanyeol.”

            “Do you want a glass of water?” Chanyeol asked as Junmyeon sat up. “I can get it for you.”

            “No, it’s okay,” Junmyeon waved him away, “I can do this on my own.”

            “You sure?”

            “It’s not the first time I’ve done this, you know?” Junmyeon said as he stood up and carefully made his way towards the kitchen. Chanyeol stayed where he was while he watched over Junmyeon closely.

            The first glass broke and it startled Chanyeol so badly he jumped. He immediately got up and started to walk over to Junmyeon. But Junmyeon quickly protested.

            “No, it’s fine, I’m fine,” Junmyeon said although he sounded a little unsure and nervous.

            “I can do this,” he said while he reached for another glass. Chanyeol watched as Junmyeon’s fingers missed the glass entirely but his arm knocked into the glass and sent it falling towards the floor. Another deafening glass-breaking sound rang through their ears.

            “I’m sorry…I’m sorry…” Junmyeon mumbled.

            “Just stop!” Chanyeol snapped suddenly, causing Junmyeon to drop yet another glass that he was holding. It shattered onto the floor. His hands were shaking as he stood there, frozen, too afraid to move. Warm tears began to form in his eyes. Chanyeol was quick to hold Junmyeon’s hands in his.

            “No, I’m not angry at you,” Chanyeol explained as he saw Junmyeon’s tears. He flipped Junmyeon’s hands over and examined for any signs of cuts or wounds. Luckily, there was none.

            “I just don’t want you to get hurt,” he said, his tone changed to a gentler one.

            “You could have been cut.”

            Junmyeon’s lips quivered and he bit his lower lip as he thought about what Chanyeol had said. He still wasn’t moving as he just stood there and sniffled in silence. Chanyeol sighed heavily as he scooted to pick up the broken glasses. He quickly got rid of the glasses around Junmyeon’s feet to avoid any accidents.

            “I know…” Junmyeon began so suddenly tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter