CHAPTER 5

HEAVEN'S EYES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol opened the letter carefully with delicate fingers. He was even afraid of crumpling the piece of paper by accident. He turned the envelope around, searching for a name or some clue as to where it was from.

            “Hmm…there’s no name written here,” Chanyeol said after checking for a few times. He took out the piece of letter and put aside the empty envelope.

            “‘To Junmyeon’,” Chanyeol took a deep breath and started to read.

            ‘Umm…hey there, I know I shouldn’t write but I don’t know how else to tell you this. I am very very sorry for what happened that day and that it took me this long to write you a letter. Truth is, I couldn’t bear to see you like this for the rest of my life. I’m really sorry. I know you will find someone who will love you back. I’m just not the one. Goodbye, Junmyeon.’

`           “Wow, that was…” Chanyeol didn’t get to finish his sentence because when he looked up from the letter, what he saw was unexpected.

            Junmyeon was crying. And not just wet eyes. The streams of tears trickled down his cheeks uncontrollably. He covered his wet face with his hands.

            “Hey…are you alright?” Chanyeol asked gently, placing his hand on Junmyeon’s trembling shoulder. But Junmyeon recoiled from him.

            “I know,” he spoke through his sobs, “I know who it was from.”

            The letter was brief and straight forward. Even without the letter, Junmyeon knew what had happened. He knew it all along. Now that it was brought up again, he couldn’t suppress his feelings any longer. Tears poured out of him without control. His heart hurt so badly. He realized that he wasn’t over it yet. He put his hand on his chest as if to calm his weak heart down.

            “Do you want to…you know, tell me about it?” Chanyeol asked, “It’s okay, I’m good at listening.”

            But Junmyeon did not answer. Instead, he curled up into a ball and hugged his legs close to his chest. He buried his face in his knees. Not caring how Junmyeon might react, Chanyeol moved closer and pulled Junmyeon in for an embrace. He rubbed Junmyeon’s back up and down, hoping to help him calm down a little.

            “There…there…” he soothed. Surprisingly, Junmyeon didn’t push him away. His head leaned slightly onto Chanyeol’s shoulder and the trembling of his shoulders slowly came to a stop. His breathing slowed and he no longer choked on his tears anymore. For what seemed like forever, he leaned on Ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter