Chap 2 Short Time Family Bonding

THE BODYGUARD.......P/S: I LOVE YOU......
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The journey to her family’s house seems so far away since she’s in the car with a stranger. And not to mention, a very snob and boring stranger. But Ji-hyo didn’t want to put attention to the man beside him and just enjoy the view.

When Jong Kook makes a turn at the road to the house, Ji-hyo gets ready to ask him to stop. She looked around to make sure that nobody saw her in a car with a man other than her manager or Gary.

“Okay! Okay stop here!” Ji-hyo instructed.

Jong Kook pressed the break and stopped the car in front of a big house.

“This is your house? It’s quite big for a person to live alone isn’t it? This look like a family’s house,” Jong Kook interrogated.

Ji-hyo didn’t answer but kept looking at the surrounding instead.

“Hokay...I’ll get off now. Thank you,” Ji-hyo said and opened the door.

Jong Kook was still in agape when Ji-hyo quickly got off after saying her words. But before she managed to close the door, someone called her.

“Song Ji-hyo-ssi!” a man called her real name from behind.

Ji-hyo’s eyes widened while looking at Jong Kook. She bit her lips and slowly turned around.

“.....Appa....err....Good morning.....hehehhe.....” Ji-hyo greeted with pretentious smiles.

Ji-hyo’s father looked seriously at his daughter and the man behind her.

“Who is this?” Mr Song asked, referring to the man in the car.

“Err…..this? Err….He is one of the crew from the film production,” Ji-hyo replied, lying about Jong Kook.

Mr Song walked closer to his daughter.

“Which production are you talking about, Ji-hyo ah?” he tested with the question. Ji-hyo struggled to find the answer of the story that she created. But the moment Mr Song sniffled his daughter’s breath, he knew what happened. “You obviously were drunk last night, Ji-hyo ah. So don’t lie to me saying that you’ve just come back from filming a movie,” her father stressed.

“…..Err….but appa…..err……” Ji-hyo stuttered while looking at Jong Kook and her father back and forth.

Jong Kook suddenly got down from the car and walked towards Ji-hyo’s father. Ji-hyo couldn’t control her shocking expression.

“Hi! Mr Song right?” Jong Kook approached while trying to shake Mr Song’s hand. “My name is Kim Jong Kook. I am actually nobody to Song Ji-hyo-ssi. Like you said, I’m also not one of the crew as she mentioned. I found her drunk in a club. So I brought her home and today, I’m sending her back to her family,” Jong Kook explained. Ji-hyo sort of cursing him without opening .

Mr Song shook Jong Kook’s hand and then let go.

“So….you were saying that….Ji-hyo slept at your house?” Mr Song tried to get assurance.

“Yes! But I swear I didn’t do anything to her. You can bring her to the hospital for a checkup if….”

“Yah!” Ji-hyo burst in anger making both man looked at her.

“Ji-hyo ah, go inside!.....” her father instructed.

“But appa….We didn’t do anything….I mean, it’s true he just brought me home…”

“I said, go inside!” Mr Song stressed out again.

Ji-hyo turned around and stomped her foot while walking, showing protest to her father.

“I’m not finish with you, young lady!” Mr Song added, then turn back his focus to Jong Kook. “Err…..Jong Kook right?”

“Yes, sir!”

“Do you have time now?”

“Ermm….sure…. I have all the time that you need….”

“Okay, let’s go to a coffee shop nearby…”

“Oh…Okay…Let’s go together shall we?” Jong Kook offered.

“Sure!”

Being a successful businessman had put the whole family on target actually. But since the others were not comfortable with having bodyguards, Mr Song simply let them on their own. But usually there will be someone accompanying them like family or friends coz they weren’t encouraged to be alone. After telling his bodyguards to leave, Mr Song followed Jong Kook in his car.

 

When Ji-hyo entered her house, her mother was peeking at the window.

“…..Umma…..stop peeking at your husband….”

“....Aishh.….” Mrs Song left the window and joined Ji-hyo. “So where were you last night? Gary and your manager kept calling us asking your whereabouts. You also did not answer any of our calls or texts. And who is that man talking to your father out there? He doesn’t look like a celebrity.”

“Because he’s not….He is just someone I met on the street…” Ji-hyo answered lifelessly while sitting on the couch.

“On the street? And you dare get on his car? What if he kidnaps you?”

“But he didn’t right?” Ji-hyo answered while closing her eyes. She is still sleepy actually.

“Yah Song Ji-hyo! Didn’t you realize your status? Not only you are a celebrity, but you are also Gary’s girlfriend. Of course many mans are jealous and will try to get you,” Mrs Song nagged.

“Umma, I am not Gary oppa’s girlfriend. That was just an act in front public since the nation wants us to be together,” Ji-hyo let out her feelings.

“What do you mean not his girlfriend? Ji-hyo ah, stop playing with Gary’s heart. You knew from the beginning that he honestly loves you. And you both had gone thru many things together. Don’t simply said that you are not his girlfriend, Ji-hyo ah. He will be heartbroken if he hears it,” Mrs Song implied.

“But that’s the truth, umma. Stop putting the pressure on me. I’ve been telling you over and over again that I have no feelings at him. Don’t force me, umma!”

“Ji-hyo ah, what else are you looking from a man? Gary had been by your side in any situation. He protects you well, he also has a stable life….moreover, he loves you more than himself…Where would you find a good man like him these days, Ji-hyo ah? You cannot find a perfect man in this world. But Gary is the closest. So don’t jeopardize your luck to other man, Ji-hyo ah.”

Ji-hyo stayed silent until she suddenly stands up.

“I’m tired. I’m going to my room, umma….”

“Ji-hyo ah, call Gary before you sleep,” her mother reminded which only pissed her more.

 

Jong Kook and Mr Song sat at a corner in a coffee house. Jong Kook was feeling a bit uncomfortable since he couldn’t figure the reason that Ji-hyo’s father wanted to see him but he always believed that if he never do anything wrong, he shouldn’t be afraid at all. After all the tiny bits introduction of himself, Mr Song started to question him about being jobless.

“So, how come someone like you could stay jobless until now,” Mr Song started.

“Erm…Well, as long as you did not hurt other people, physically, financially or mentally, I think it shouldn’t be a problem. I mean, everyone has their own life experience have it good or bad. I’m sure I have learnt quite many things while being jobless and staring at other people’s attitude. It taught me to understand more about other people.”

“Well…that’s right…But I’m sure you’re not the person who is lazy or enjoy to just sitting at home and not doing anything. You must have had a painful experience in your past work that makes you tired to start working again.”

“I’m not tired of working…As you said, I love working…But, I have a trust issue at people now…So I want to take a break and just study about people’s behavior.”

Mr Song smirked all of sudden. Jong Kook frowned himself.

“Err….Is there…anything funny sir?” Jong Kook bravely asked.

“Not really…It’s just, weird…You have a trust issue while I’m here…simply believing you although we only met today…Weird isn’t it?”

Jong Kook smiled as well. “Well…I’m…I’m touched if you could trust me this fast…”

“I know what kind of man you are, Jong Kook ah. I’m sure you are a nice guy,” Mr Song said. When he dropped the honorific and acted like he is close to Jong Kook, Jong Kook couldn’t hide his happiness.

“But…what makes you say that, sir? If you could tell me….coz I don’t think I’ve shown anything special to you…” Jong Kook asked with his face turned a bit pinky from blushing.

“Because you are honest. It’s hard to find someone especially a guy who is with my daughter without any hidden agenda. I’m not saying everyone who is close to my daughter is bad but mostly, they just got close to use her…just because she is a celebrity…”

“Ohh...That’s bad.....But she has her manager or even her boyfriend, Gary, who is always beside her. I’m sure they wouldn’t let them to do anything bad to Song Ji-hyo-ssi..”

Mr Song chuckled softly.

“You will get to know her manager and Gary soon, Jong Kook ah.”

“…Really?...Okay…”

“You know what, actually I was worried at first when I saw Ji-hyo came out from your car. I was talking to myself ‘Oh man…not another guy..’ But when you simply got down from the car and bravely introduced yourself; ignoring Ji-hyo’s reaction; I was surprised…and amazed. Coz usually, mans will just give in to what Ji-hyo ordered them to do even if it means to cover up her naughty activities. They will do anything for her attention. But not you. You looked like you don’t give a damn of a woman named Song Ji-hyo. I’m surprised and happy. And to know that you brought her back to your house while she was drunk; and you did not take advantage of her, that’s quite impressive.”

Jong Kook was happy with the compliments but he doesn’t think he was special. He is just being himself.  

“Anyway, since you are jobless now, and with your impressive background in martial arts and other experiences, I would like you to work for me,” Mr Song offered making Jong Kook agape.

“…Err….I….I’m sorry?...” Jong Kook asked Mr Song to repeat again.

“I would like to hire you, Jong Kook ah….As a bodyguard….”

“Bo…..bodyguard? Me?” Jong Kook stuttered, couldn’t believe what he heard.

“Yes! I think you are capable of doing it.”

“But, you already have many bodyguards right?”

“Ohhh….You won’t be guarding me….You will be my daughter’s bodyguard…”

“Your daughter? Which daughter, sir? Sorry, coz I really didn’t know so much about your family.”

“You’ll be the bodyguard of my daughter Ji-hyo.”

Jong Kook hoped he heard it wrong. There is no way the man in front of him would hire him as a bodyguard of his famous celebrity daughter especially Ji-hyo was always being surrounded by her manager and her boyfriend. He didn’t see the need of him to be added to the team. Maybe Mr Song was talking about other daughter name Ji-hyo.

“Ahah! Erm….I’m sorry again, sir….I really didn’t know if Ji-hyo has a twin or you have another daughter with a same name ‘Ji-hyo’.”

Mr Song started to laugh alone.

“….Sir?....”

“You are quite funny, you know Jong Kook ah? Now I’m so confident that you are the right man to be my daughter’s bodyguard.”

“Err…..Ok-kay…I’m happy if you think that I’m funny coz most people think that I’m boring and fierce. But anyway, this Ji-hyo couldn’t possibly be your celebrity daughter Song Ji-hyo-ssi right?”

Mr Song continued laughing and getting harder.

“Oh dear….You are referring to Song Ji-hyo-ssi, aren’t you?...The Song Ji-hyo who is a famous celebrity that I drop in front of your h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter