Chap 25 Are We Ready?

THE BODYGUARD.......P/S: I LOVE YOU......
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

And so the night passed by just like that. Waking up from her sleep, Ji-hyo felt everything is aching. She tried to remember what happened last night but her head felt like it’s gonna explode. She just hope everything was a dream. She just hope things will pass through just like that. But Jong Kook brought her back to the reality.
“You’re awake?” Jong Kook checked on her from the bedroom door. When he noticed Ji-hyo is awake, he walked in. “So….I’ll drop you for the Running Man shooting and needs to settle so many things today. Need to work on your visa and rearrange your schedule too. What time do you think you’ll finish the shoot?”
“I don’t know…..Sometimes it’s early……Sometimes it takes longer…..”
“Then I’ll have to arrange someone else to pick you up coz I don’t think I’ll make it on time.”
“No need!.......I…….I can get a ride from the members……”
“Are you sure?”
“Yeah! They’ve always been kind enough to send me home if I didn’t have my transport.”
“I assume ‘they’ refers to Gary?” Jong Kook sounded jealous.
“Oppa, all members could send me…..” Ji-hyo tried to explain but was cut out.
“Go and shower and eat your breakfast. We’re late!” Jong Kook instructed, wasn’t interested to hear Ji-hyo’s explanation.
Ji-hyo didn’t know if Jong Kook was upset because of last night or because of Gary. She forced herself to the bathroom with her head still flying.

By the time she was ready, she went to take her breakfast. Jong Kook looked busy with phone calls and jotting something once in a while. Ji-hyo didn’t dare herself to ask, afraid if he would blow out like last night. Jong Kook is her only hope to bring her to the States. She cannot make him angrier.
“Okay……All your schedules have been rearranged. Now I just need to get the visa done and we’ll fly out soon.”
Ji-hyo only nodded, understood.
“……..Did…….Chang Joo oppa……..contact you…….regarding his resignation?..............” 
Jong Kook’s hand stopped from scribbling the paper. 
“He emailed to me your schedule,” he replied, short. Then continue, “We’re gonna have a meeting with your father this afternoon.”
“Meeting? With my father? But……I don’t think I’ve finished shooting by that time…..”
“Just the three of us….Me, him, your father……”
“But shouldn’t I be there too? This is about me. How can a meeting goes by without me when you’re gonna talk about me?” Ji-hyo blurted.
Jong Kook slammed his pen to the table, making Ji-hyo jump a bit in shocked.
“And what exactly are you gonna say in that meeting? Begging him to stay like a cheap woman like last night?’
“Oppa! How dare you?” Ji-hyo couldn’t believe what came out from Jong Kook.
“What? Was I wrong? If I didn’t arrive on time, you would be on your knees already! Imagine how would your father feels if he knows about it, Song Ji-hyo!” Jong Kook lashed out.
Ji-hyo knew what Jong Kook said was right. She couldn’t imagine what will happen if his father knew about what she almost did last night. She didn’t dare to argue about it any further.
“……….Oppa……..can you not……tell my family……that we’re leaving for the States?.......”
“Can you tell me what exactly happened in the States?”
“……Oppa, please…..Don’t ask me about it……At least not until we arrive there….” Ji-hyo answered, not brave enough to look at Jong Kook.
“Then stop asking me for something impossible,” Jong Kook replied, expressionless. “Hurry up! We’ll be leaving in five minutes!”
“……….Okay……..”
Jong Kook knew he sounded too harsh with his girlfriend. But he couldn’t hide his feelings at the moment. He thought Ji-hyo would believe him after all this while. Yet, she still hide something from him. And to see her trusting her manager more than him is so painful.

 

The ride to Running Man shooting location is too silent. Ji-hyo felt like the journey is too long. She kept staring outside the window and didn’t hope for any conversation with her boyfriend right now. All she knew Jong Kook wasn’t acting as her boyfriend now but more as her bodyguard and manager. She felt so lonely when the man who’s supposed to comfort her at this moment turned up scary.
As they’ve arrived, she quickly wanna get out of the car. But Jong Kook stopped her. Instead, Jong Kook pulled her into his arms.
“I’m sorry for being harsh with you………There were just…….so many things in my head right now…….”
Ji-hyo didn’t know why but she suddenly cried. Jong Kook kept rubbing her back to soothe her.
“……Ssyhh….…I’m sorry, Ji-hyo ah…..”
“…………………..You’re scaring me, oppa……………….I’m so scared………………..” Ji-hyo said in sobs.
“I’m sorry…..I didn’t mean to act that way…..”
“Noooooo……..I know you have a reason to act that way…….But I……….I’m so scared……….that you’re gonna leave me soon, oppa……..I’m so scared……..”
“Nooooooooo!” Jong Kook broke the embrace to face Ji-hyo. “Ji-hyo ah, that will never happen okay? I will never leave you……….well unless you kick me out, you got it?”
Ji-hyo looked up to Jong Kook who she finally felt like her boyfriend again.
“Promise?” she asked.
“I promise. I love you so much, Ji-hyo ah…..I don’t think I can live without you…..”
“………But you are angry with me……..”
“That……….You know what, I don’t think we have time for that……You need to go and get ready now so…….we’ll talk about this when the time is right, okay? Now……let’s just focus on work first……Okay?” Jong Kook comforted while wiping the tears on Ji-hyo’s cheeks. He cupped Ji-hyo’s cheeks with both hands and peck her lips to give her confidence. “I’ll see you after everything is done?”
“…….Kay……”
“Alright. Be good. Love you!”
“…….I love you too……”
“Call me when you’re leaving.”
“Okay.”

 

When Jong Kook arrived at Mr Song’s office, he was practically hesitate on what he should and shouldn’t tell Ji-hyo’s father. What is the reason for them to go to the States when he’s not even sure himself? Moreover, Chang Joo already decided to resign. He hope everything will go on smoothly especially with Chang Joo. Though he knew that Chang Joo kept Ji-hyo’s big secret, he hope he won’t blurted to Ji-hyo’s father. Jong Kook would prefer that it came from Ji-hyo herself. While he’s doing his calculation in mind, he didn’t realize he already reached Mr Song’s office.
“Jong Kook, welcome! Please have a seat!” Mr Song offered.
“Hello, sir! Thank you for your time to join this meeting in a short notice.”
“No problem! If the time is suitable, it shouldn’t be a problem.”
“Err…..Ji-hyo’s manager hasn’t arrived yet?”
“He’ll arrive soon. So, just brief me a bit about this meeting. It’s kind of surprise that you suddenly call for this meeting.”
“Erm….I think it’s better if Baek Chang Joo-ssi who explained himself.”
And then there were knocks on the door. Baek Chang Joo walked in with a simple expression, not stressful as always.
“Ohh…Chang Joo ah….Come! Come!” Mr Song invited.
They exchanged handshakes and took their seats.
“So, let’s not waste anyone’s time. What is the matter? Is it about Ji-hyo?” Mr Song questioned, looking worried. 
Jong Kook hinted to Chang Joo to answer.
“Actually……erm……I would like to tender my resignation letter as Ji-hyo’s manager,” Chang Joo answered.
Although it is a news that Mr Song had been waiting for so long, it still shocked him when Chang Joo handed him the letter.
“Are you serious? But why all of sudden? Did something happen? Huh Jong Kook?” Mr Song looking for answers.
“I think it’s just the right time for me to resign now. I see Ji-hyo is finally able to deal with everything on her own mostly. Besides, Jong Kook can help her too since he’s with her 24/7,” Chang Joo answered in sarcasm.
“Chang Joo ah, is this because Jong Kook is always with Ji-hyo?”
“Ahah! No! Of course not,” Chang Joo denied. “Like I said, it feels like it’s the right time now. Besides, I wanna try a new challenge…I mean, I wanna try managing other celebrities or maybe a new rookie….”
“Well……if that’s the case…….then I guess I shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals…..but Chang Joo ah, before you leave……..Can you please tell me what happen to Ji-hyo in the past when she goes into hiding from everyone? You’re the only person who knew what happened,” Mr Song requested.
Chang Joo smirked, secretly feeling proud that until today, Ji-hyo only trusted him with the secret. What satisfied him was when Jong Kook looked defeated for not knowing his own girlfriend’s secret.
“……..I was really there as her manager, Mr Song……I don’t think it’s my place to tell anything about it……” Chang Joo refused to tell.
“But you were with her for all the time she was there, hyung. Surely you knew something,” Jong Kook added, try to control his anger.
“It’s really not for me to tell, Jong Kook ah. Anyway, she’s your girlfriend now right? Didn’t she tell you all about herself? I mean…..didn’t she trust you enough to hold any secrets about herself?” Chang Joo provoked.
“Of course she trusted me. But probably there’s something that you said that threatened her from telling anyone anything,” Jong Kook responded.
“Hah! Yah! You really think I’m that low?”
“Who knows? Ji-hyo always looked scared with you.”
“Kim Jong Kook!” Chang Joo shouted.
“That’s enough! Enough you two!” Mr Song interfered. “Chang Joo ah, it’s okay. I’ll ask Ji-hyo myself. And I accept your resignation. But I hope you handed everything to Jong Kook until we find a new manager. And…….as in the contract….you are still oblige with all the rules about Ji-hyo’s secrecy.”
“Don’t worry, sir. If I don’t even tell you guys, why would I tell anyone else, right?...........Well…..I guess that’s all now. I hope you will find a better manager than me for Song Ji-hyo,” Chang Joo said, already standing up.
“Thank you very much for all your hard work for my daughter, Chang Joo ah. I hope you’ll succeed in the future,” Mr Song wished while handed his hand to shake.
“I surely will. Thank you, sir.”
After shaking hands, Chang Joo turned to Jong Kook.
“Please take care of Ji-hyo, Jong Kook ah. And……good luck in gaining Ji-hyo’s trust,” Chang Joo purposely provoked.
Jong Kook tried his best to control his expressions.
The moment Chang Joo reach the door, he stopped and turned back.
“Jong Kook ah, I hope you tell Mr Song about going to the States. Maybe Mr Song would like to accompany Ji-hyo too,” Chang Joo blurted, making Jong Kook gritted his teeth. And then he walked out smiling sinically.
“Going to the States? You and Ji-hyo are going to the States?” Mr Song asked.
“Yeah….We are thinking of telling you once everything is settled…..”
“Why are you going to the States? Did Ji-hyo got a job there?”
“Ji-hyo said….an old lady whom she met while she was in the States….is really sick now…..The doctor said she may not live any longer………And she requested to see Ji-hyo before……..”
“Oh dear….Is there anything that we can do to save her?”
“I really don’t know, sir. Ji-hyo didn’t say much about it coz she’s really sad with the news. But, I’ll make sure to keep you updated….”
“Yes, please. I’m sure she’s someone important to Ji-hyo that Ji-hyo is willing to fly there to see her.”
“Yeah….I guess so…..” Jong Kook felt relieved that Mr Song didn’t ask much about their plan to US.

 

Later that night, Jong Kook spend his time with his best friend Jang Hyuk after making sure that Ji-hyo had safely arrived home. He didn’t want to leave Ji-hyo alone during this hard time but he feels like he needs to be away from Ji-hyo for a moment, just for himself. Everything that happened within these few days is really messing him up.
“I feel like you’ve been away for so long, Jong Kook ah. It doesn’t feels like you live here anymore……hehehe…..” Jang Hyuk started while drinking.
“Aishh! Don’t say like that, Hyuk ah. You know what my job is like. I didn’t even have time for myself.”
“What do you need your time for? You have everything in front of you already. You are always with your girlfriend. You didn’t have financial issues. What else do you need?”
“Hahah…..Well I still need time to hang out with you, don’t I?”
“Huh! Liar! I bet you didn’t even miss me at all.”
“Hahahah….Yah! Are you jealous or what?”
“Jealous because of you? Oh please! I can get a much better man. Huh!” Jang Hyuk jokingly flipped his hair, pretending soft.
“Haha….Yah! Hyuk ah! I never know that you will bend into ‘that way’. Hahahahah……”
“Yah! What do you mean bend? Aish this guy! Stop making people gay with your assumption! Aishh! Your girlfriend is really good in spreading ‘gay gossip’ virus huh?”
“Hahahaha….Oh you remember that story huh? Hahah….Yeah she’s really good at manipulating people with her own version of story.”
“But you are still crazily in love with her though,” Jang Hyuk mocked.
“Yeah! Yeah I’m crazy for her, Hyuk ah!” Jong Kook’s expression suddenly turned bitter.
Jang Hyuk noticed the changes.
“Hey! What’s wrong? Did you guys fight?” he asked.
“Ji-hyo……..asked me to bring her to US…..”
“Mwuh? What for? Vacation? Did she has time for holiday?”
“Nah…..Not for holiday…..But……someone is sick over there…..So….she really wants to meet her…….”
“Wow….Must be someone important then….But….I think it’s a good opportunity for both of you to spend time together far away from here….And I don’t think the Americans would care so much about you two….So you are free to date and walk around and……”
“Hyuk ah, what if there was more than just the lady? What if…..there was someone there who’s waiting for her?”
“What do you mean? Who would wait for her? Did she has someone over there?”
“I don’t know! But…..ever since Ji-hyo received the call from there, she’s been acting weird. And then, Chang Joo hyung suddenly resigned and didn’t wanna get involved with Ji-hyo anymore.”
“Mwuh? But why all of sudden?”
“I don’t know……..Ji-hyo wouldn’t tell me anything……But she seems so scared to lost her manager…..that she even begged him to stay…..”
“She did what? That doesn’t sound like Ji-hyo at all.”
“That’s why! I’m so pissed when I saw that…..”
“Then her manager must have known something that happened in US.”
“Exactly! And he was proud of that! Ughhh!! I feel like punching his face when he looked so proud about it.”
“Well……but at least he’s gone now……right?”
“Yeah!”
“And you’ll be going to US yourself together with Ji-hyo. So I’m sure you’ll get the answers by then. Just…..be patient a bit more…..”
“I know…..and believe me, I’m trying hard every day…….”
“Come on, Jong Kook ah. You know you can handle this calmly.”
“I can if I have a slightest clue about Ji-hyo and the people related to her in that country. I don’t know what to expect, Hyuk ah. What if, the truth was too shocking for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter