Chap 15 Break and Off

THE BODYGUARD.......P/S: I LOVE YOU......
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Just as the news spread out about Eun Hye doppelganger with a boyfriend, Eun Hye had been receiving lots of calls non-stop. Jong Kook tried to talk to her but all she did was shooed him away.

“Hye ah….”

“Oppa, one second….”

That’s all she’s been saying before continued talking to the phone. Jong Kook couldn’t take it anymore. He grabbed the phone and turned it off before throwing it on the sofa.

“Oppa! What are you doing?” Eun Hye asked, feeling surprised with Jong Kook’s act.

“I’ll make it easy for you. Let’s break off!” Jong Kook said straight forward.

“Mwuh? Op-oppa….I’m sorry that I’m ignoring you right now but…please don’t take drastic action over something small like this….I mean….I know I should pay attention to you now especially you came all the way to meet me but….I don’t know something like this will come up, oppa. I need to handle this gossip first.”

“Hye ah,…..I really don’t see why we should be together anymore….”

“What do you mean? Oppa…..we love each other….I know we’ve been separated in the past but we’ve passed thru that….We promised to give us a chance….And I’m trying hard to be a better one for you, oppa….”

“Hye ah, I don’t know to whom you are lying now…We both know that what we had now was something that never exist anymore…At least not for me…..We are just trying to hold on to our past. We thought the love still exists but….”

“Are you saying you don’t love me anymore, oppa?”

“Ask that to yourself first, Hye ah.”

“Of course I still love you, oppa! Why would I ask you to come here if I’ve forgotten about you? Why would I try to call you most of the time if I don’t miss you? Even when I couldn’t reach you, I still try to be calm and put my trust on you. Isn’t that love? Doesn’t that prove anything to you?”

“Love? How about when you partied every night with your co-workers, with your client huh? You love me but you are ashamed to introduce me to anyone. You were even panic when our pics were spread out. When exactly is the right time for me to be your boyfriend? Behind the doors? When you are lonely?”

“Oppa, please……You know I love you so much……You know I came here simply for work….If I didn’t love you, I would have thrown myself to all the men that approached me. Models, businessman, various types of men tried to be with me but my heart is only for you, oppa….I just have you…..I love you so much….”

Eun Hye started to cry pleading for Jong Kook to rethink of his decision.

“Hye ah,……I’m sorry…….I can’t be with you anymore….” At this point Jong Kook could see a strong face of Ji-hyo in his mind. Her sad voice; her swollen face from crying….All that makes Jong Kook fixed his decision. No matter what, he needs to end his relationship with Eun Hye.

“Oppa…..please…..Fine! If you want, I will introduce you to the press now. I won’t hide you anymore. We will come clean to the press…..okay?”

“Hye ah, this is not because of you anymore…..My feelings…..” Jong Kook paused a bit. “My feelings for you….is not the same anymore…”

“Noooo! What are you talking about? Oppa, you’ve promised to give me a chance, to give us a chance…”

“Then I’m lying to myself….and you…..I thought, I still have that strong feelings for you….But frankly, I’m just trying to hold onto something that had long dead….My feelings for you was not pure anymore….When I gave you another chance, I thought things will be like that way we used to…….but………I was wrong…..I don’t feel the same like before……I’m sorry….”

“Nooo! Oppa, we were still good when I’m in Korea. Maybe, you’re feeling like this because I’m away……Oppa, please…..I will go back to Korea if that’s what you need….I will let everyone know that you are my boyfriend…But please….don’t leave me, oppa…”

Jong Kook suddenly stood up, his hair like he was thinking about how to make it clear to Eun Hye about his feelings.

“Hye ah……just like I feel different about you now……I’m also not the same person that you used to know…”

“What do you mean? I still see you like before, oppa. I know you are a bit cold towards me but I know that’s because of the way I treated you in the past. I never think badly about you, oppa.”

“That’s not it, Hye ah!.......................The truth is………………….…I met somebody else….”

“Mwuh?......Mwuh rah goo?” Eun Hye asked with her lips shivering. She hoped what she heard was wrong.

“……………I’m in love with someone else…………” Jong Kook said, plain.

The surrounding turned silent until Eun Hye suddenly get up and attacked Jong Kook.

“You are lying! You are lying! Why do you wanna break with me so much, oppa? How could you create something like this just to break with me? Why are you so cruel???” Eun Hye shouted in cries while hitting Jong Kook.

Jong Kook tried to hold Eun Hye and stopped her from beating him.

“Wae, oppa? Wae?? Why are you being this cruel to me?”

Jong Kook felt so guilty for hurting the girl that he once loved. But he had no choice. He needs to tell the truth. The burden is too much for him. He love Ji-hyo so much and his feelings for Eun Hye had long faded. He couldn’t lie to himself anymore. Why hang onto something that doesn’t exist anymore?

“Oppaaaaa…..don’t do this to me……I know you are lying that you love someone else…..I know you, oppa…..You won’t cheat behind my back…..You are not that type of person, oppa…..Please take it back……Please say that you’re lying…..Please, oppaaaa…..” Eun Hye kept begging, ignoring her pride as a celebrity.

Jong Kook really didn’t know what to do. One part of him really wanna take back his decision. He didn’t know that Eun Hye will be this devastated with his decision. He really thought they both didn’t feel the love anymore. But looking at Eun Hye’s condition, it look like she’s still deeply in love with him.

However, Jong Kook can no longer fake himself with his feelings. He is sure that he loves Ji-hyo so much. The happiness that Ji-hyo brought in his life is just different than when he’s with Eun Hye. So he decided to stay firm with his decision.

“…………..I’m sorry, Hye ah……….Whether there’s other people or not, I really want to end this………Frankly, I came here for this…….I came here…….to give you my decision……I don’t wanna do it thru phone…..I don’t wanna do it from far……So I came….Also, because I want to end it in a good way…….I want us to still be friends after this, Hye ah…….”

“Did you hear yourself, oppa? Did you hear what came out from your mouth? You said it like it was nothing to you. Did you hate me so much that you can simply said all this?”

“Hye ah……I’m really sorry…….We were not meant to be together…..I’ve tried to love you like I used to…..But………..I can’t lie anymore…..I’m sorry………”

Jong Kook stayed quiet while all that was heard was Eun Hye’s sobs.

“……….So there really is another woman huh?.........” Eun Hye suddenly asked. Before Jong Kook could answer, she asked further. “Who is she?”

“…….Just…..a friend of mine…..”

“Really? It’s not like you to have girls as your friends, oppa…….Your only friend was Jang Hyuk oppa…..So don’t lie…..”

Jong Kook didn’t wanna argue with Eun Hye’s statement.

“So tell me….Who is she? Is she…..your boss? The one that you guard?”

“She is somebody…who came into my life without notice….”

“Huh! How sweet….Love at first sight?”

“Hye ah, let’s not talk about her. Let’s end this in a good way and stay friends okay?”

“Huh! Friends? In your dream, oppa…..I never have interest to be friend with someone who cheated behind his girlfriend.”

“Hye…..Please….I’m sorry…..I know you’re hurt with this but…..this is the best for us, Hye….I can’t lie to you anymore….”

“………….Fine………….If this is what you want, fine!..............You can get lost now!.............”

“Eun Hye ah…..”

“Leave, Kim Jong Kook! I don’t have any business with you anymore!” Eun Hye shouted.

Jong Kook went to get his stuffs and came back to the living room few minutes later.

“Hye ah…….I’m so sorry for hurting you…..Now that you saw the bad side of me…you deserve someone better….Please know that I never regret all the times we spent together….I will keep our memories in here….” Jong Kook said, pointing to his chest.

Eun Hye’s tears flowed like waterfall. No matter how hard Jong Kook tried to comfort her with his words, nothing work. Everything was painful for her like a knife carving her heart. This is something she never expects from Jong Kook. She knew he was not the same as before but she thought given times, they will get closer than before. But everything was crushed now.

“Thank you, Hye ah…..I will still love you….as a friend…..I hope one day you will open your heart to accept me as your friend too……I’m sorry…..Goodbye……”

Jong Kook left after his last words. He walked out without direction with his mind still messing around. As soon as he saw a hotel, he decided to check in.

 

Once he got into the room, he sat on the bed and called his best friend Jang Hyuk.

“Yes, Kim Jong Kook-ssi! Any updates?” Jang Hyuk automatically greeted with question.

“……………Hyuk ah……….It’s over…………”

“So you finally did it hah?”

“……….She’s hurt, Hyuk ah…….She’s deeply hurt……What have I turned into, Hyuk ah? How can I hurt her like that?.....” Jong Kook whined in complain.

“Breaking up will mostly hurt, Jong Kook ah. Especially when you both are in good terms. Of course she wouldn’t expect this…..”

“I’m so heartless, Hyuk ah….How could I do this to her? I used to be the boring, plain guy….I used to be a man who will stick to the one and only….But now, I’ve turned into a cruel man….I hurt her….I break-up with her when she has huge burden on her head…”

“What do you mean?”

“You didn’t see it? Someone caught us together in Japan and our picture was spread on the net today. But they said it’s Eun Hye’s doppelganger. Still, reporters kept calling her asking for her confirmation. And while she’s in pressure to deal with the press, I dropped the bomb about the break-up.”

Jang Hyuk didn’t give any response until a minute later.

“…….Woww……You are really a beast, Jong Kook ah……Why can’t you wait at least until tomorrow?”

“I don’t know………I’ve really turned into a bad guy, Hyuk ah….”

“Aihhh…..Well, you did what you’ve got to do, Jong Kook ah….Sooner or later Hye still needs to face it coz you’ve made your decision…But….if only you could wait a bit for the right time…”

“I’ve got no choice, Hyuk ah. I tried to make things easier for her. She’s been busy handling the calls and getting stress about it. So that’s why I told her that I’m gonna make it easier for her. Besides, I don’t see why I need to stay with her when she’s been denying to those she spoke to…..If I wait any longer, the press could find her place in Japan and catch me in her house. So, I need to act fast.”

“Well….you got a point there….”

“You think I like what I did? You think I’m proud of myself for this? You know me better, Hyuk ah. I’m not this kind of person.”

“Yepp! I know you better than anyone else, even better than Eun Hye. But, I guess your love for Ji-hyo changed you into another person.”

“I hurt Ji-hyo by leaving her clueless, and now I hurt Eun Hye….Maybe…..I’m not good for any woman, Hyuk ah….All I did was hurting them….”

“Yah! Don’t tell me you’re gonna try into a man, Jong Kook ah.”

“Hahaha! Wanna be my couple, Hyuk ah?”

“Euhhhh!! Sorry but you are not my taste, boy!!”

“Hahahaha! Idiot!”

“Yah!......Hahahha….If only those girls hear our conversation now, I’m sure they’ll run as far away from you…..hahahahh….”

“Hahahah…Of course…..”

After they laughed for a bit, Jang Hyuk checked on Jong Kook’s condition.

“So how are you feeling now, Jong Kook ah? I know Eun Hye was hurt….but what about you?”

“What do you think?”

“Although you love Ji-hyo more than Eun Hye, but I know you’re not the type to hurt people’s feelings. And now that you did it, I’m not sure how you felt.”

“I thought I’m gonna feel relieved, Hyuk ah….But it’s not as calm as I imagine…Ji-hyo’s cry in the phone and Eun Hye’s tears in front of my eyes kept playing in my mind. What’s worst, despite all that, I still feel lonely and empty now.”

“What do you mean? You can now be with Ji-hyo without hiding. I mean, you don’t need to hide from Eun Hye anymore. And Ji-hyo didn’t have to know about her as well.”

“That’s what I thought at first. I imagined after breaking up with Eun Hye, we both will be in go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter