Chap 18 It Doesn't Get Any Simpler

THE BODYGUARD.......P/S: I LOVE YOU......
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jong Kook walked out of the room to find his girlfriend whom he was sure being sulky right now. Ji-hyo was standing in front of the kitchen island, stirring the coffee in a mug while staring blankly into it. Jong Kook didn’t know if he should make a sound to awaken her from spacing out or if he should just entered the kitchen silently. In the end, he decided to walk slowly towards Ji-hyo but making sure that he makes some sound so that she wouldn’t be too shocked.

It looked like Ji-hyo noticed his presence coz she stopped stirring a bit before continued again when she noticed Jong Kook gets closer. Jong Kook wrapped his arms around Ji-hyo’s shoulder from behind and placed his chin on top of Ji-hyo’s head before kissing it lovingly.

“……I love you…..” he whispered.

“……..Shouldn’t you be leaving now?......” Ji-hyo asked bitterly.

“Ji-hyo ah…..you got the wrong idea of what I said to Ji-eun…..”

“Nahhh…..never mind….No need to explain….I don’t have any rights anyway….”

“What are you saying? You have rights to ask for my explanation coz you are my girlfriend…..And I have a right to explain so that my girlfriend won’t misunderstand of the real situation, of my real feelings…..”

Ji-hyo didn’t say anything anymore.

“……Ji-hyo ah…..”

Ji-hyo still didn’t say anything. Jong Kook slowly loosened his embrace before Ji-hyo suddenly starts talking.

“……You love her, didn’t you?......” Ji-hyo asked helplessly.

Jong Kook tightened his hug again.

“…..Of course I love her….She’s the sister of my lover…..Of course I love her….coz she could be my sister in law one day…..and I love her….because I know you love her so much, Ji-hyo ah…….”

Once again Ji-hyo stood silent in Jong Kook’s arms.

“…..Ji-hyo ah….I love you so much….and my love towards Ji-eun is nothing more than a brother to a sister…..”

“But she loves you more than that.”

“Then let’s make her understand that I can never love her more than like siblings.”

“……..I don’t know, oppa…..Ji-eun…..she’s just….different when it comes to love……I’m….scared…..if I lost you to her…..”

Jong Kook slowly turned Ji-hyo around to face him.

“I love you so much, Ji-hyo ah….There is no way that you will lose me…..well unless if I die of course…”

“Don’t say that!” Ji-hyo screamed a bit.

Jong Kook started to smile.

“Does this means that…..you love me so much, yeobo? Hmm? You can’t live without me?” Jong Kook started to mock Ji-hyo which makes her blushed.

“…..Ahahah….” Ji-hyo faked her laughter while making annoying face. “So full of yourself.”

“What did I say? I was just asking……ohh…..So you can live without me then?....Okay….fine….” Jong Kook let go of Ji-hyo and about to leave when Ji-hyo stopped him.

“Where are you going?”

“Since you don’t need me and can live without me, then I better go to your sister now.”

“Wae?? You said you love me so much…You said you love Ji-eun just like a sister….But why now choosing to go to her than be with me?” Ji-hyo raised her voice while her hands gripped onto Jong Kook’s arms.

“……Coz I work for her, Ji-hyo ah……I’m her bodyguard, remember?.....” Jong Kook answered softly.

Ji-hyo finally let go of Jong Kook’s arms after realizing that she had make wrong assumption about Jong Kook.

“Fine….I forgot that you’re her bodyguard….Then….just go….” Ji-hyo told Jong Kook but still sounded bitter, or perhaps jealous.

She looked down to the floor, expecting Jong Kook to leave already. But instead Jong Kook pulled her into his arms, hugging her lovingly.

“Can you make up your mind of your feelings towards me, Ji-hyo ah? Sometimes you made me feels like you are deeply in love with me…..but sometimes you made me feels like you don’t need me….I don’t know what you really want…..Do you love me or not?”

“I will not be with you like this if I don’t love you, pabo!”

“Is that the way to talk to someone you love?” Jong Kook looked serious while asking.

“Yes! Coz you acted like you didn’t know my real feelings towards you,” Ji-hyo raised her voice.

“Well maybe because I’m really confused!” Jong Kook raised his voice too.

“Then that’s your problem! Why make me say it over and over again?”

“Coz you didn’t know what you want! So I want you to be sure of what you want!” Jong Kook started shouting.

“Don’t shout at me!” Ji-hyo shouted too while trying to get free from Jong Kook’s embrace.

Only then Jong Kook realized that he had overreacted towards Ji-hyo when he is supposed to be calm. He pushed Ji-hyo to his chest, tightening his hug.

“……I’m sorry……I’m sorry, Ji-hyo ah….”

“Just….let me go…..Let…me go…..oppa….” There is sadness in Ji-hyo’s voice.

“I’m sorry, love….I overreacted….I’m sorry….”

“……I know….I’m not an ideal woman…..that a man usually pick…..I know……I’m harsh…….I’m loud…..I’m rude……If you are looking….for a ladylike, soft-spoken woman….that’s definitely not me…..Maybe…..you should find other woman……maybe……someone….like Ji-eun…..”

At this point Jong Kook knew Ji-hyo was upset when he raised his voice earlier.

“I’m sorry…I didn’t mean to shout….I’m sorry, Ji-hyo ah….”

“…….I’ve….never…..had anyone…..like you, oppa…..So…..I don’t know…..how…..to treat you….properly……But….if you can’t…..accept this rude, harsh girl…..then maybe…..”

Jong Kook didn’t allow Ji-hyo to speak further. He holds Ji-hyo’s face and surprised her with a kiss on her lips. That definitely shut Ji-hyo off.

“I’m sorry….I love you….I love you, Ji-hyo ah….I’m sorry…Let’s stop all this…Okay?”

“…….I love you too, oppa……And…..I’m sorry too……I do love you, oppa…..Please believe me……But I don’t know….how…to treat my boyfriend…properly…..”

“It’s okay….It’s okay, love….I didn’t mean to shout at you earlier….I just…snapped…I’m sorry, okay? Let’s put this behind and be happily in love okay?”

“…….Really?......”

“Of course! Ji-hyo ah, I’m sure of my feelings for you…..It was you who is always confusing me….”

“…..I love you too, oppa…But you know I’m not good….at treating people…..”

“I’ve seen better……..So I know you are good, babe…………”

Their conversation was interrupted when Ji-hyo received a call from her father. They looked at each other before Ji-hyo answered the call.

“……..N-neh, appa……”

“Hoh? No good morning?” Mr Song joked.

“…….Good morning, appa…..”

“Hmm….You seemed like in a good mood….”

“…..A-ni….Just….like usual….”

“Hahahahah….Yeah, right….The usual when Jong Kook was around isn’t it?”

Ji-hyo was shocked and looked at Jong Kook automatically.

“Appa…what do you mean when Jong Kook oppa was around?....How…..Are you….”

“Hahaha….How do you think Jong Kook got into your house?”

Once again Ji-hyo turned at Jong Kook.

“Haha…Never mind…We’ll talk about that later….Anyway, is Jong Kook around?”

“Err……err……” Ji-hyo didn’t know if she should tell her father that Jong Kook was next to her coz then her father will know that Jong Kook slept at her house last night. “Err……why didn’t you call his mobile then?”

“Coz I wanna check on you first….Aishh…Just pass the line to him…” Mr Song said without hesitates.

Ji-hyo passed the phone to Jong Kook.

“Good morning, Mr Song,” Jong Kook greeted.

“Good morning, Jong Kook ah…..Wahhh….You really didn’t waste any second to be with my daughter huh?”

“Huh? What…”

“I gave you access to her house, doesn’t mean that you should overnight at her house.”

“Err…but Mr Song…..I….Ji-hyo….” Jong Kook stuttered in giving explanation that he didn’t have.

Mr Song already laughing on the other side making Jong Kook puzzled.

“Hahahah….Don’t worry, Jong Kook ah…I was just testing you…..I put my trust on you so I believe you won’t do something that will make me regret.”

“Erm…..thank you, Mr Song….”

“Anyway, I called because Ji-eun had been sulky since you are not here. She said you were supposed to send her to the Uni but she couldn’t reach you.”

“Erm…yeah…My phone was off…But I already called her this morning and….I’m going to meet her now, Mr Song…”

“She already left with my driver….But you’re gonna have a hard time with her, Jong Kook ah…..Coz she’s really upset with you….”

“….I know….and I’m sure you are disappointed with me too, Mr Song….I’m sorry that I didn’t do my job properly…..” Jong Kook totally felt guilty.

“That is something that we need to discuss then…..Err can you come and meet me with Ji-hyo now?”

“Now? Me and Ji-hyo?” Jong Kook questioned, staring at Ji-hyo.

“Yes. Don’t you think we need to discuss about your job again after all that happened with my daughters?”           

“Ohh….yeah….Of course….You have a right to fire me since I didn’t perform rightly…..” Jong Kook makes assumption.

Ji-hyo quickly snatched the phone.

“Appa, you are firing Jong Kook oppa? Appa, if it’s because he didn’t get to send Ji-eun, that’s because of me. I asked him to accompany me, appa. You can’t fire him again for my mistakes…..Please, appa….” Ji-hyo pleaded without knowing the real issue.

“Oh my God! You two really suit each other. You have the same character always jumping into conclusion without listening further. Aishhh! You know what, just come over now before I started to get crazy.”

“…..N-neh….We’ll be there…”

Ji-hyo disconnected the line.

“So, what did he say?” Jong Kook asked.

“Appa wants to meet us now….He sounded angry…”

“Really? Then we better go there now before it get worst.”

“But oppa….what if he really fire you? I don’t wanna lose you again, oppa….”

“Ji-hyo ah, let’s just see what happen okay? Even if I don’t work for your family anymore, we can still be together right?”

“Yeah…but it will be harder to meet since…..”

“Hey! Don’t worry too much….I’m sure your father have good intention for us….Don’t worry okay? Now let’s get ready….”

“…..Okay….” Ji-hyo replied in pouting.

 

On the way to meet her father, Ji-hyo was quieter than Jong Kook. Jong Kook seems calm and relax while Ji-hyo seems spacing out. Jong Kook suddenly grabbed one of Ji-hyo’s hands and kissed it. Ji-hyo looked up surprisingly at Jong Kook.

“What were you thinking?” Jong Kook asked.

“……I’m afraid…..if appa fire you again……I can’t lose you, oppa…..Not again….”

“Come here,” Jong Kook said and pulled Ji-hyo to his chest though he’s driving. “Even if I’m fired, we can still be together, Ji-hyo ah. Why are you so worried that we can’t be together if I’m fired?”

Ji-hyo straightened her body and looked at Jong Kook.

“Coz the last time you were fired, you left without words. You leave me hanging alone…..and……”

Jong Kook pulled Ji-hyo again to his chest. He kept rubbing Ji-hyo’s back and kissing her head to calm her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter