Chap 21 Being The Man

THE BODYGUARD.......P/S: I LOVE YOU......
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*I'm sorry to all my lovely darling readers for not updating for so long. So many things kept me occupied but the most frustrating is when my desktop pc kept giving problems and ruined my mood. I'm still trying to look for a new netbook so that I can update more frequent than now. I missed the moment when I can update weekly during Beautiful Secrets and Five Words I Swear To You. I hope this problem will be solved soon. I love you, my readers. You guys are the most patience, loving human being on earth. Kekeke.....Enjoy!*

 

 

Ji-hyo couldn’t work in peace when she thinks about Jong Kook and her manager. She’s not even calm yet from what happened between her and her sister. And now, her manager and her bodyguard. Before her mind started to wander any further, Gary approached her.

“Hi!”

“Hi!” she replied.

“It’s quite surprising to see Jong Kook hyung with you again,” Gary hinted.

Ji-hyo didn’t respond.

“If I’m not mistaken, Chang Joo hyung said that he was fired. But how come now……” Gary continued but Ji-hyo cut him out.

“He was hired again,” Ji-hyo answered, effortless.

“Really? But why? You really can’t live without him, Ji-hyo ah?” Gary questioned.

Ji-hyo stared angrily at Gary for few seconds before answered calmly, “Appa hired him.”

Gary also looked angry but tried to calm himself first.

“So you accepted him just like that?” he asked.

“Yeah…..coz he didn’t do anything wrong. And he’s a good bodyguard.”

“Ji-hyo ah, why are you so into him? I knew he did something to you. Chang Joo hyung already told me about it. And your father fired him on the spot. So how can he hire him again?”

“Coz he’s innocent!”

“What? Ji-hyo ah, why did you back him up so much? Are you in love with him?”

Ji-hyo almost shouted ‘yes’ but managed to control herself.

“Look, oppa! I don’t know whatever story that you heard. But all I know, everything is settled now and Jong Kook oppa is proven innocent. Full stop!”

“Huh! Innocent? If he’s really innocent, the story that Chang Joo hyung told me wouldn’t exist at all. How can your father let a ert like Jong Kook to be near you again? Is he insane? Didn’t he love his daughter?”

“That’s enough!” Ji-hyo shouted, making everyone near them looked at them.

Gary was startled. His face turned red since everyone is watching now.

“Ji-hyo ah, Gary ah, is everything okay?” Jae-suk approached with other Running Man members behind him.

“You can say anything about me, but don’t you ever talk bad about my father or my family, Kang Gary!” Ji-hyo warned, serious. And then she walked away.

“Yah Gary ah! What’s wrong with both of you, huh?” Jae-suk asked again.

“Gary ah, what did you two fight about?” Suk Jin added question.

“Erm….I better go and talk to Ji-hyo. You guys stay here, okay?” Jae-suk instructed and walked towards Ji-hyo.

Jong Kook and Chang Joo saw the incident from far but decided not to interfere.

 

When Jae-suk approached Ji-hyo, she’s still trying to calm herself.

“Ji-hyo ah, are you okay?”

“Oh oppa! Yeah….I’m okay….”

“What was that all about? You both looked tense towards each other.”

“…….Nothing…..I’m not in the mood and….Kang Gary doesn’t have anything good to say….”

“Really? That’s weird. Coz Gary would never say something to hurt you, Ji-hyo ah. Amongst all of us, he’s the one who cared for you a lot. You know that right?”

“Yeah….But people can also change, oppa….”

“Of course…..But whatever it is, I’m sure Gary has not bad intention towards you….”

Ji-hyo stayed silent.

“You know, that he has feelings for you right? Maybe that’s why he looked nosy to you. But I’m sure he just did that because he cared for you, Ji-hyo ah.”

“Oppa, I understand whatever you said. Don’t worry about me and Kang Gary okay? We’ll be okay. I won’t let it affect our work. So don’t worry okay?”

“…..Okay…..I hope so, Ji-hyo ah….But….you know you can always come to me for anything…right?”

“N-neh, oppa…..I’ll keep that in mind…”

“Okay…Then let’s get ready for the shoot, shall we?”

“Yepp! Let’s go!”

 

 

Chang Joo however felt uncomfortable with Jong Kook’s attendance.

“Did you see that? Before you came, Ji-hyo and Gary never fight like that. Ji-hyo is always happy when she’s around Gary,” Chang Joo tried to provoke Jong Kook.

Jong Kook threw his little smile.

“Hyung, are you trying to convince me or yourself about Ji-hyo being happy around Gary?” Jong Kook talked back in sarcasm which pisses Chang Joo more.

“Don’t act like you’ve won, Jong Kook ah. Just because Mr Song hired you again, doesn’t mean that you’ll last beside Ji-hyo forever.”

Jong Kook slightly chuckled.

“Oh my God, hyung! I really don’t know why you hated me so much. Okay. Why don’t we open up now so that we can have a better friendship after this? And we can have a better work environment after this. Come on, hyung! I really want us to clear all this stress and misunderstanding between us. But every time I ask, you’ve only answered with sarcasm. So how can I amend or explain things that you may misunderstood?”

Chang Joo doesn’t look like he’s interested with Jong Kook’s suggestion.

“Okay….Why don’t I start first hmm?”

Chang Joo still didn’t show any interest.

“Okay, hyung! I know, you may have trust issue with me, especially when Mr Song hired me out of nowhere. But hyung, I swear I never have any bad intention towards Ji-hyo. I was hired to protect her, and that’s what I did until today. If it’s about Ji-hyo and Gary, that’s her own decision, her own act. I have no right to tell her what to do. Besides, she knew Gary longer than me. You think she would listen to me if I ask her to get away from Gary? I don’t think so.”

“She won’t if you’re just her bodyguard.”

Jong Kook was a bit surprised.

“What do you mean, hyung?”

“I know your relationship with Ji-hyo is more than bodyguard and boss. Even if you both deny it, I know you two have some feelings towards each other. Ji-hyo never listen to other people than me or Gary. She didn’t even care if her father tells her anything. But after you came, she changed. It’s like, you are now her hero and nothing or nobody else matter, not even me.”

“But why is it so important to you to whoever she listens to? Whether it’s me or you, we both want the best for her. Why can’t we just work together and make it easier and better for her? Ji-hyo will be happier if we could work together, hyung. And I really want us to work together. At least I know Ji-hyo will be much happier if we are good.”

Before Chang Joo could continue, he received a call from Ji-hyo’s father asking him to meet him.

“Well, look like your backup has called me. I wonder what he wants with me now,” Chang Joo hinted.

“I have no idea about that............It’s okay. I’ll stay here with Ji-hyo.”

“Suit yourself. Just don’t interfere when she’s with Gary.”

“Of course……..” Jong Kook replied waiting for Chang Joo to leave. Once he left, he talked to himself. “Don’t interfere? How can I let my girlfriend cheat in front of my eyes, hyung? Huh……”

 

After a long day of shooting, it finally ended. Jong Kook waited for Ji-hyo inside the car and couldn’t help but staring at his girlfriend while she walked towards him. The moment Ji-hyo entered the car, Jong Kook greeted with smiles.

“Finally……the long day ended huh?” Jong Kook said towards Ji-hyo who looked tired.

“…..Hmm….” that’s all she replied.

Jong Kook was surprised. He thought Ji-hyo was excited to see him after shooting like he does.

“I miss you,” he suddenly said to break the ice with his girlfriend.

“…….Hmm…….” Ji-hyo answered carelessly with her eyes shut.

“Hmm? Is that all? Yah! Don’t you miss me?” Jong Kook tested.

Ji-hyo opened her eyes, looking at Jong Kook.

“I miss you, oppa. Even without me saying it, just know that I’ve always miss you. Okay?” Ji-hyo explained, making Jong Kook blushed a bit with her confession and looked away.

But when Jong Kook faced Ji-hyo again, she’s already staring outside.

“Err……do you wanna go and eat first?” Jong Kook tried making a conversation but received no reply from Ji-hyo. “Ji-hyo ah, do you wanna go and eat first? Ji-hyo ah?”

“Huh? Erm…..what?”

“I asked if you wanna go and eat first before going back.”

“Oh…..no….I just wanna go home now…..I’m tired…….”

“……Okay…..” Jong Kook cut it short. He knew when Ji-hyo looked tired or thinking about something, he better give her some space. If he kept forcing her, she could burst out. So he decided to let her rest calmly before he try to ask her problem later at her house.

On the way to back to Ji-hyo’s house, Jong Kook dropped by at a restaurant to pick up some takeaway coz he knew by the time Ji-hyo reach her house, only then she will feel hungry.

 

When they entered Ji-hyo’s house, Jong Kook put down the food on the table with hope that Ji-hyo will sit with him for a while. But Ji-hyo walked straight to her room making Jong Kook puzzled.

Before she managed to disappear, Jong Kook hold her hand, surprising her.

“What is it, oppa?”

“Come….and sit with me for a while…..”

Ji-hyo sighed. She looked really tired. Jong Kook didn’t know what to think. They both sat on the sofa at the living hall. Jong Kook still didn’t let go of Ji-hyo’s hand.

“Is everything okay? You’ve been so quiet the whole way,” Jong Kook asked softly.

“Yeah….Everything is fine….I’m just, tired…..”

“Tired? Ji-hyo ah, I know there’s more than that….”

Ji-hyo tried to avoid looking at Jong Kook.

“Hey…..What is it? You know you can share anything with me….Don’t burden yourself and carry everything alone, Ji-hyo ah…..I’m here for you….My shoulders, my ears are always for you….You know that right?”

Of course Ji-hyo knew that. But she’s just too tired to even talk about her feelings now. Not only because the long day of shooting, but also because she has to face Gary throughout the shooting and every time they were on breaks, people kept coming and asked if she’s okay. That’s what makes her drained.

Jong Kook suddenly the back of Ji-hyo’s hand.

“Okay….I didn’t mean to be busybody….Of course if you’re more comfortable to keep it to yourself, you are free to do so….I’m just worried about you….coz I love you so much…..You know that right, Ji-hyo ah?” Jong Kook still talked in comforting voice, which makes Ji-hyo felt sorry for him. “Erm……you probably wanna be alone tonight, right? So……I think I should leave now, and let you rest……Okay?”

When Jong Kook was about to stand, Ji-hyo suddenly hugged him.

“I’m sorry,” she said, making Jong Kook frown.

“Sorry for what, babe?”

“For acting like this…..I’m just…..tired with everything today…..” Ji-hyo said while hugging Jong Kook tight.

“……Okay…..I understand….Which is why I wanna leave you now so that you can rest, Ji-hyo ah….” Jong Kook said while rubbing Ji-hyo’s back.

“No…..I’m not tired because of work….I’m tired of everything…..I feel like, I’ve wronged everybody….I feel like, I owed everyone something when they kept asking if I’m okay or not…..” Ji-hyo slowly opened up.

“Well….they asked because they care, Ji-hyo ah….Because they love you….That’s why they are worried if you are not okay….” Jong Kook comforted Ji-hyo.

“But I’m tired, oppa….It feels like everybody is nosy about my life….They just can’t leave me alone and stay quiet around me…..”

At this point, Jong Kook slowly breaks their hugs to see Ji-hyo’s face.

“…….Ji-hyo ah…..did something happen during shooting?.....”

“What? Nooooooooo……I’m just……I’m tired to hide anything anymore, oppa…….I wanna tell everyone about us……I don’t wanna be gossiped with Gary oppa anymore….I wanna be with you freely, oppa….I don’t wanna keep it anymore….Let’s just tell everyone about us…...”

“……..Ji-hyo ah….listen…….I am…..more than happy….if you wanna tell everyone about us…..But Ji-hyo ah,……..are you really sure this is what you want?.......Are you ready to face your fans, who could turn out to be your haters later after you reveal about us? Are you ready to be attacked from all around you?”

“But why would they do that? They said they wanna see me happy. So they should just accept whoever I chose,” Ji-hyo complained.

“That’s true. But you have to understand what they really want…..They may said they wanna see you get married and be happy but the moment you tell them that you love someone other than Gary, you’ll see their real faces……”

“But why? Yes I’m a celebrity, but I need to live my own life…..How can I marry someone that they picked?”

“That’s why I asked, if you are ready to face all that. It’s just t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter