Chap 11 Sulky

THE BODYGUARD.......P/S: I LOVE YOU......
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The drive to Ji-hyo’s house seems long for her since she’s been sitting with Gary in the car. She knew Jong Kook was surprised with her decision to ride with Gary but she has her reason to do so. She will explain to Jong Kook later but she needs to explain something with Gary first.

“Ahh Ji-hyo ah! I never thought you would let me send you home,” Gary said happily.

“Hahaha...Why were you so surprised, oppa? It’s not like we are totally stranger. We are a couple on screen, so it shouldn’t surprise you right?” Ji-hyo replied.

“Yeah.....But.....I’m sure you realized how much you’ve changed....Especially since you have that new bodyguard...” Gary said referring to Jong Kook.

“Well....maybe I’ve changed a bit...but it’s not because of my bodyguard, oppa....It just happen...and coincidently the timing was when Jong Kook oppa was hired....” Ji-hyo denied.

“Huh....But you did look like you are close with him...And he was really protective over you...”

“Well, he was paid for that job right?”

“But he was even protective towards me....I mean, I’m your boyfriend even if on screen. He should know that fans love us together. Why must he always be in between us?” Gary expressed his frustration.

“Mianhae, oppa....I will tell him about us okay?” Ji-hyo tried to comfort Gary in smiles. “But I must say that sometimes I did feel uncomfortable when you’re being too clingy, oppa. And Jong Kook oppa knew that so that’s why he stepped in...”

“Jinja? Then you should have told me. Ji-hyo ah, you know I won’t do anything that makes you uncomfortable. I thought all this while you are okay with the act.”

“I was okay.....until lately....”

“Yeah I know that...It’s not like I didn’t notice that....You even seems like you are avoiding me....”

Ji-hyo started to feel guilty with Gary’s frustration.

“Mianhae, oppa.....Anyway, I want to thank you for everything you did with that girl. I can see that she’s taking your advice seriously.”

“Huh....Of course....This is Gary, girl....Who wouldn’t melt with Gary?” Gary tried to joke while bragging about himself. “Well....except one girl.....I don’t know what she’s looking for.....” Gary added, referring to Ji-hyo.

“.....Oppa.....When the girl said that I’m using you,.....do you think of me that way?.....”

Gary didn’t answer directly.

“You can tell me, oppa. I will take everything you said.....I want to know what you think about me....”

“No.....I never think of you that way, Ji-hyo ah....I mean, if you are using me, then I’m using you too. We both agreed to be on screen couple coz we know fans love it. So we use each other for our names, right? Don’t feel guilty about that.”

“That’s what I want to tell you, oppa. I want you to know that I never have the intention to use you in any way. I’m glad that we are close, I’m glad that you are my on screen partner. But like you said, since the fans love it, so I go thru with it.”

“I know...Don’t worry...I also know you are forcing yourself to be with me sometimes...”

“.....Oppa....”

“But what I don’t understand is, why is it sometimes you are acting like you have the same feelings as mine? And also, why is it so hard for you to accept my love? I mean, everyone think we are compatible with each other. We suit each other. Even I think the same.....But....I never thought I’m not the guy you’re looking for...When we are together especially on screen, you always showed that you are depending on  me, you want my protection.....But now....it’s totally different.....I’m confused, Ji-hyo ah....”

Ji-hyo didn’t know how to tell Gary about her real feelings. As much as she felt suffocated when Gary’s always tagging her, Gary is still a good guy. She couldn’t just hurt his feelings although he looked like he will accept anything she said.

“.....Oppa....mianhae....I didn’t mean to make you confuse like that.....I admit I like being with you….You are a good guy….You are funny, and you take cares of me like no other…But sometimes, maybe I didn’t realized that I’ve made you misunderstood about my actions towards you. I like you, oppa….I love you…but just like I love my family, my other friends…Not up to loving you as my boyfriend like that…”

Ji-hyo bit her bottom lips feeling guilty with her confession. But she has to do it now than later. She didn’t want Gary to keep hoping for her anymore.

Gary looked disappointed although he had expected it. “So….all this while….you never have any feelings towards me, Ji-hyo ah? Not even a bit?”

Ji-hyo didn’t know what to answer.

“……Maybe……in the early days we met……But then I realized…..we are better just as friends….”

“So all this while….”

“But oppa, please don’t look down on yourself. I did enjoy my character as your partner on screen. I did think of you like my real boyfriend in front our fans. But when they are not around, my switch automatically goes off…………..I’m sorry, oppa……..But I never intended to use you……”

“Ji-hyo ah, help me understand here. You said that I’m a good guy, you gave all the compliments to me….Then why can’t you open your heart for me?”

“Oppa….I don’t know…..I have no answer for that…”

“Okay…Tell me what kind of person did you like…”

“What?”

“I want to see the type of person that you like….That could make you fall in love….”

“Oppa….I don’t have any…..”

“Did you like someone like Dong Wook?”

“What?”

“Wait…You are close with….who else ya…Ohhh….Did you like someone like Choi Jin Hyuk?”

“Oppa!”

“Are you secretly dating someone right now?”

“Oppa, stop it!”

“Tell me, Ji-hyo ah….Just tell me the truth….”

“What has got into you, oppa?” Ji-hyo sounded angry.

“I’m getting crazy here. Because I don’t know what else are you looking for in a man. I’ve been with you for few years now. And everybody thinks that I’m the closest guy to you when in real life I don’t even know anything about you!” Gary let out his anger making Ji-hyo shocked.

The surrounding turned quiet for few minutes.

“…….I’m sorry……I didn’t mean to shout at you, Ji-hyo ah……”

“……I’m sorry too…..”

“But Ji-hyo ah….try to open your heart to something that is right in front of you….Maybe you are looking for a perfect guy….But you know what, that’s all bull….There’ll never be a perfect guy….Not even myself….If you choose me, I won’t promise you that I’ll be perfect….But I promise to give the best I can….”

“…..I will keep that in mind, oppa….Thanks….”

Their journey became silent after their last conversation.

 

Jong Kook walked towards the apartment lobby once he reached Ji-hyo’s apartment. He gathered all the security guards and briefed them about what’s possibly happen when Ji-hyo arrive.

While waiting for Ji-hyo’s arrival, Chang Joo arrived with one of his staffs who is also Ji-hyo’s guard sometimes. The reporters who knew him quickly surrounded him when he was about to enter the apartment.

“Baek Chang Joo-ssi, where is Song Ji-hyo now?” One of the reporters asked.

“Baek Chang Joo-ssi, can you tell us the progress from the incident today? How was Song Ji-hyo doing after the incident?” Another reporter asked.

And few others were attacking him with questions but Chang Joo gave sign to everyone to calm down and let him speak.

“Hello everyone! Thank you very much for your concern about Ji-hyo. Actually Ji-hyo had already given her statement to the press at the police station just now together with Gary. So with everything that shockingly happen today, I would like to ask for everyone’s favor and cooperation to stop bothering Ji-hyo at least for few days. Please give her time to calm herself and recover from her trauma since this is the first time such thing happened. I know everyone love her and worried about her condition but I can assure you that she is totally fine. With Gary’s support and being by her side all the time, I’m sure she will be much stronger and get better soon. So please give her time and space,” Chang Joo speech out.

“Baek Chang Joo-ssi, one last question. Where is Song Ji-hyo-ssi now? Is she staying with her family because of the incident or…..”

“She’s on the way back now…….with Gary……” Chang Joo purposely blurted to the press which shocked Jong Kook.

Everyone started gossiping about Ji-hyo and Gary after Chang Joo’s statement. Chang Joo excused himself and walk cheerfully to the lobby. Seeing Jong Kook’s annoyed face added his satisfaction.

“Why did you do that, hyung?” Jong Kook questioned Chang Joo.

“What? Answering to the press? Well that’s my job, in case you didn’t know,” Chang Joo answered arrogantly.

“I don’t care if you want to talk to them on behalf of Ji-hyo. But why do you have to tell them that Ji-hyo is coming back with Gary? We are supposed to clear this place from them. But if you mention to them about Gary, of course they won’t move an inch from this place,” Jong Kook explained.

“Then that’s good. Ji-hyo needs this breaking news to overlap the news about today’s incident. That’s why I told them about Gary sending Ji-hyo home. Look, Jong Kook. You may be Ji-hyo’s bodyguard, but I’m her manager. I arrange and deal with all this the whole time. I can make Ji-hyo’s reputation and I can also break it if I want,” Chang Joo threatened.

“Did you hear what you’re saying, hyung? Did Ji-hyo willingly choose to stay with someone like you all along?”

“Huh! Look who’s talking. Listen here, Jong Kook ah. Just because Ji-hyo’s father hired you, doesn’t mean that everything you do is right. You are her bodyguard, just stick to that boundary and don’t cross over mine.”

“Hyung, if you really care about Ji-hyo, if you know her so well since you’ve been working with her longer than I am, you should know how tiring it was for Ji-hyo today. All she needs right now is just to walk in and go to her apartment and sleep. I don’t think she have the energy to deal with this press again.”

“She’ll know how to handle it. All she needs to do is just walk straight with Gary pass thru the door and that’s it,” Chang Joo responded.

Jong Kook shook his head disbelief.

“I don’t know what Ji-hyo owed you that she’s now paying a high price with a cruel manager like you….”

“Shut up! You didn’t know a single thing. Just because you save Ji-hyo’s life today, doesn’t mean that you know what’s right for her. I’ve been with her since she has nothing until she’s somebody in the industry now. So don’t act like you know me well.”

Before Jong Kook could continue, his cellphone rang. He answered thru speaker phone.

“Ohh…Ji-hyo ah….Where are you?” Jong Kook asked while looking at Chang Joo.

“Oppa, I’m already near my apartment. Is everything clear now? Can I go in straight?” Ji-hyo asked.

“There are still people around here, Ji-hyo ah.”

“”Mwuh? Wae? I thought you said….”

“Ask Gary to drop you in front the entrance. I’ll arrange for the security.”

“Jinja?”

“N-neh! Don’t worry. I’ll get you from the car and walk straight to your apartment.”

Chang Joo suddenly grabbed the phone from Jong Kook.

“Ji-hyo ah, ask Gary to come down from the car and walk with you to the entrance.”

“What? Why? But Jong Kook oppa said the people are still crowding the place,” Ji-hyo whined.

Jong Kook grabbed his cellphone back from Chang Joo.

“Ji-hyo ah, don’t worry. No need to ask Gary to walk with you. I’ll bring you to your house. Just ask him to drop you at the entrance. I’ll be waiting. See you!” Jong Kook said and quickly disconnect the line.

“What do you think you are doing?” Chang Joo questioned angrily.

“My job is to protect Ji-hyo, and that’s what I’m doing……I’ll protect her……especially from someone heartless like you…....” Jong Kook answered sarcastically.

Before Chang Joo could reply, Gary and Ji-hyo arrived. Jong Kook and Chang Joo quickly run towards the car with other securities gated near the entrance to block from the others to come closer. Jong Kook opened Ji-hyo’s door and wrapped her with his arms, walked her to the lobby with flashes everywhere. Chang Joo followed behind until they reach the elevator.

Since those people cannot enter the building, Ji-hyo released herself from Jong Kook.

“What was that all about, oppa? I thought you said you’ll make sure to clear the place for my arrival. Why are they still there?” Ji-hyo asked angrily at Jong Kook.

Jong Kook chose not to answer anything but staring sharply at Chang Joo instead.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter