Chap 19 When The Storm Strikes

THE BODYGUARD.......P/S: I LOVE YOU......
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Come with me!” Ji-eun instructed Jong Kook after Mrs Song go inside.

They went towards a patio outside the house and Ji-eun stood up facing the fish pond while hugging herself. Jong Kook slowly walked a bit closer.

“Ji-eun ah……I’m sorry about this morning……” Jong Kook started.

“Oppa, I’m still mad at you!” Ji-eun answered.

“I know…..and I deserve it…...But I hope, you could forgive me too….even if not now……”

“Ughhh! I don’t understand you, oppa…..Why did you treat me differently than unnie?”

“What do you mean? Ji-eun ah, about this morning…..”

Ji-eun cuts him off. “It’s like, with unnie, you are 24/7 around her like she was the president of the country…….But with me, you can’t even be reached…..Am I not important to you, oppa?”

“What? Ji-eun ah, that’s definitely not true…..Okay last night, I had some work to do and I turned off my phone. So after coming back, I was so tired that I go to sleep without turning on my phone back. That’s why you couldn’t reach me,” Jong Kook has no choice but to lie.

“Jinja? Ahh oppa…..I’m sorry for thinking bad about you…..I’m just, jealous that your attention towards unnie and me is too different…..I thought you and unnie…..”

Their conversation was disturbed by Ji-eun’s phone.

“Mwuh? Ah jinja? Okay…..I’ll be there…..” she answered her phone and talked back to Jong Kook. “Oppa, follow me!”

“Huh? Where are we going?” Jong Kook asked in surprised.

“Just follow me. We have some mission to complete. Gaja!”

“But Ji-eun ah…..your sister…..”

“Oppa, you are my bodyguard right? I’m sure you don’t wanna make me having series of disappointment with you right?”

“Of course not!”

“Then just follow your boss. Gaja!” Ji-eun said and pulled Jong Kook’s hand to follow her.

They took her car and Jong Kook drove off. It’s already messy in his mind knowing that Ji-hyo will be pissed off when she finds out that he was not there.

 

“Appa, umma, I’m leaving now!” Ji-hyo said after changing her clothes.

“Ohh! You are ready to go? What do you have today?” Mrs Song asked.

“I have drama shooting, umma. ………” Ji-hyo told her mother about her schedule while looking around the house. “Err….the house seems quiet. Where is Ji-eun?”

“I don’t know. She’s outside with me just now,” Mrs Song answered.

“Ohh? Mm….Appa, where is Jong Kook oppa?”

“Jong Kook? I have not seen him for about ten minutes already. He said he’ll wait for you outside.”

“Huh? That’s weird.” Ji-hyo tried to call Jong Kook right at that time.

“Why are you looking for him? He isn’t your bodyguard anymore Ji-hyo ah,” Mrs Song voiced out.

“Umma, he needs to send me to the set.”

“Why did you ask him? Wasn’t that your manager’s job?”

“Appa wanted to see us just now. So we came together in my car. He said he’ll send me to the set right after meeting appa,” Ji-hyo explained while trying to call Jong Kook. “Where did he go? He didn’t even pick up his phone! I’m gonna be late if he’s not here in five minutes.”

“Ji-hyo ah, if you are late, just go with umma’s driver. Don’t wait for Jong Kook,” Mr Song suggested.

“Andwae! I need Jong Kook oppa to send me, appa!”

“Aishh! Jong Kook! Jong Kook! Jong Kook! I don’t know what has got into all of you in this house. Why is everyone all over Jong Kook?” Mrs Song got angry. “Your sister is the weirdest. She was all sulky about Jong Kook the whole day that she didn’t even allow me to leave her university. But the moment she met Jong Kook outside the house, she automatically melted and treated me like her enemy.”

Mr Song was laughing already.

“Jagiya! Did you think this is funny? My daughter kicked me for her bodyguard!” Mrs Song complained.

“Hahahaha! I’m sorry! I’m sorry! But you know it better what Ji-eun is like, yeobo!” Mr Song replied.

 “Aishh! I’m leaving now! Goodbye umma, appa!” Ji-hyo made her upset decision.

“Ohh! Let me call the driver,” Mr Song stated.

“No need, appa! I’m driving!”

“Mwuh?” both Mr and Mrs Song was shocked.

“Ji-hyo ah, you are not a frequent driver. Besides, you are in hurry. You’ll drive like crazy then,” Mrs Song said.

“Your umma is right, Ji-hyo ah. Just let the driver send you.”

“No need, appa! I’ll be fine, umma! I’m going!”

“Ji-hyo ah, can you stop being stubborn?” Mrs Song questioned, but Ji-hyo simply left, ignoring her parents.

She was upset of course when thinking that Jong Kook is probably with Ji-eun right now.

 

Jong Kook and Ji-eun entered a café. Ji-eun looked around the café and once she saw someone, she quickly holds Jong Kook’s arms like he was her boyfriend.

“Huh?” Jong Kook puzzled.

“Just let me do anything, oppa….Erm…let’s order…” Ji-eun said and they both queued at the counter.

“Ohh-kay….but at least tell me what we are doing here, boss…”

“Err….It’s a café, obviously I’m not doing laundry here…..” Ji-eun joked.

“Ahahah….Thank God for telling me….” Jong Kook responded. “You should go and sit! I’ll bring the order to you.”

“Hmm…okay..”

Ji-eun went to sit somewhere in the café. Suddenly someone approached her.

“Hey Ji-eun!” a man greeted.

Ji-eun turned around and pretended surprised.

“Oh heyy Jongin….”

“Hi….I never thought…..gonna meet you here….”

“Err….ya…..Me too….”

“So you’re here with….”

“Hi! I’m Kim Jong Kook, Ji-eun’s bodyguard,” Jong Kook introduced himself while putting the order on the table. 

“Hi! I’m Kim Jongin!”

“Oh….We’re the same family,” Jong Kook joked and sat next to Ji-eun.

“So….you’re with your bodyguard huh?” Jongin asked Ji-eun.

“He’s not really my bodyguard…Our relationship was….a bit complicated…Right, oppa?” Ji-eun said while holding Jong Kook’s arms again, leaning her head onto Jong Kook’s shoulder. Her eyes were hinting to Jong Kook to play along but Jong Kook doesn’t seem to understand.

“Errr….ermm…” Jong Kook stuttered.

Jongin expressions turned bitter.

“So you’re here with….your girlfriend?” Ji-eun quickly asked.

“Girlfriend? Oh no! She’s just a friend…..”

“A friend huh? I bet you send her dozens of notes as well huh, Jongin? Like you did to me. Huh…luckily I’m not falling for you….”

“What are you talking about? One, she’s just a friend of mine…and old friend….Two, I never send other girls notes like I did to you what else dozens of notes…..and three….I don’t even know why I need to explain to you about all this….when you were the one who is already…..hooking up with someone….”

“Excuse me? Wo..woo….I think you got it wrong here…Ji-eun is my….” Jong Kook tried to explain his relationship with Ji-eun now that Jongin has mistaken them.

But Ji-eun cut him out. “Yes…Like I said…We are…complicated…And like you said, we don’t owe each other any explanation….so….”

“Yeah…You are right….Sorry to disturb your date…Enjoy!” Jongin wished them and get back to his seat, looking pissed.

Ji-eun automatically let go of Jong Kook’s arm.

“Errr……….” Jong Kook tried to talk to Ji-eun but once again she stopped him.

“Don’t. Ask. Anything. Let’s just go, oppa!”

“But you haven’t eaten your meal.”

“Who cares? I lost my appetite.”

Jong Kook sighed out. It’s already hard to deal with Ji-hyo’s attitude, and now he needs to deal with Ji-eun who is ten times unpredictable than her sister.

“I’ll go and pack this,” Jong Kook stated.

 

Driving home to send Ji-eun, she had been quiet and spacing out.

“Are you okay?” Jong Kook checked on Ji-eun.

“Yeah…..I’m sorry….to drag you down….” Ji-eun answered without looking at Jong Kook.

“Did you like him?” Jong Kook tried to get Ji-eun’s attention.

“What?”

“That guy….Did you like him?”

“Noo….He’s just, a friend in university…” Ji-eun tried to hide.

“Okay…..But….I can see that you sort of have crush at him…”

“A-ni! Oppa, I only like you….”

Jong Kook chuckled.

“Don’t get me wrong, Ji-eun ah. If you like him, I’d be glad to help….But making him jealous by clinging to me is not one of the solution, Ji-eun ah.”

“Jinja? Then what should I do?” Ji-eun finally energized, didn’t realize that she looked excited talking about Jongin.

“Ahahaha! So it’s true hah that you like this Jongin?”

“Err…..err……no……”

“Hahaha….Ji-eun ah, I really don’t understand why you wanna make him jealous. Just confess to him. You were always vocal about your opinion but now, when in front of Jongin, you froze? Hahahah…Weird girl…..”

“Aishh, oppa! You don’t understand. When it comes to love, I’m quite shy….And why should I confess first? A guy should confess to a woman, not the other way….”

“Really? But you didn’t hesitate to confess to me.”

“That……is different…..”

“Waeyo?”

“Because you…..you are older…….”

“Nah! I have a better answer. It’s because, you just love me as someone who protects you, who makes you feel safe and comfortable…….But with Jongin, you love him like a woman should love a guy in a special feelings……That’s why you were shy with him….That’s why you can’t confess to him….You wanna be perfect in his eyes….You don’t want him to think that you are shameless for confessing your love…..And you are afraid if he rejects you…..”

“Omo! Daebakk! You point out exactly what I think, oppa!”

“Hahaha….So, you should proceed with confessing to him, Ji-eun ah. Don’t back off without trying at all. You’ll never know the outcomes unless you try,” Jong Kook gave his advice.

Ji-eun threw her view outside the window, thinking of what Jong Kook said.

 

By the time they reached Mr Song’s house, Ji-hyo’s car wasn’t there since she brought it to the set.

“Hmm? Unnie already left?” Ji-eun talked alone.

“She has drama shooting today…I’ll be in a lot of trouble…”

“Hmm? Wae?”

“I’m supposed to send your sister, but since you kidnapped me, I guess she left on her own.”

“She has to survive on her own. You are my bodyguard, not hers. It’s just right that you follow me instead of her.”

“I know….but Ji-eun ah, we came together to meet your father today….That’s why I volunteered to send her…..Didn’t know that you’re gonna gave me some errand right away.”

“Whatever it is, you work for me, oppa. Unnie should know it better. She already has her own manager and staffs. Anyone of them could take your job. Why still wanna disturb you?”

“Ji-eun ah, you don’t understand.”

“I don’t wanna hear it, oppa. You already make me upset this morning. And now you are still favoring unnie?”

“Of course not, Ji-eun ah.”

“Then stop. I don’t like to talk about unnie with you.”

“Ji-eun ah….”

“Let’s go in!”

“Ermm….I think I have to go now, Ji-eun ah….”

“How are you going back? You didn’t have your car.”

“I’ll just take the cab. I’ll leave now.”

“No! You can just take my car, oppa.”

“Mwuh? I don’t think that’s necessary.”

“Oppa, you still need to come and send me tomorrow right? So what’s the big deal lending you my car just for a night? Besides, I’m sure appa wouldn’t mind.”

“But I’d rather take the cab, Ji-eun ah. At least tomorrow I can take my car here.”

“Okay then. If that’s your wish. But better don’t be late tomorrow, oppa.”

“Arasso! I’ll leave now, boss. Send my regards to your father.”

“N-neh! Thank you, oppa!”

“No problem. We’ll talk again about this Jongin okay? I will help you.”

“We’ll see.”

Jong Kook waved goodbye and took the cab that passed by.

 

Inside the cab, Jong Kook wondered if he should call Ji-hyo and apologize for going missing. But thinking that Ji-hy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter