Chap 13 Clueless

THE BODYGUARD.......P/S: I LOVE YOU......
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ji-hyo has been spacing out for a while now although her father is sitting right in front of her. She even bites her nails without realizing it.

“Yah! If you are hungry, go and cook something, Ji-hyo ah instead of biting your nails,” Mr Song approached sarcastically.

But Ji-hyo doesn’t seem like she hears her father.

“Song Ji-hyo-ssi!” Mr Song called out loud.

“N-neh?” Ji-hyo finally get back to reality.

“Are you that hungry?”

“Mwuh?”

“Go and cook something instead of biting your nails.”

When Ji-hyo realized what her father meant, she looked at her fingers and quickly put it down on her lap.

“Aigoo…..What actually did Jong Kook do with you huh?”

“Mwuh? Nothing, appa. He didn’t do anything bad to me. He never tried to take advantage of me. He is really a good guy, appa. That’s why, I don’t wanna lose him. He never try to use me in any way,” Ji-hyo kept defending Jong Kook.

“Chichichi…..You love him so much, didn’t you? Everything that comes out from your mouth is Jong Kook this, Jong Kook that….all the good things….”

“A-ni….Well, since he is a good guy, why would I say bad things about him when he didn’t have any?”

“Ji-hyo ah, you may be deeply in love with him. But that doesn’t mean that he is flawless. Nobody is perfect, Ji-hyo ah. Don’t give him all the trust you have and have too high hopes. I’m afraid if he did something bad, you couldn’t accept it and may get broken hearted. I’m not saying that he is a bad guy. But reserve something for yourself. Prepare and protect yourself from getting hurt.”

“N-neh, appa. I know what you meant. Don’t worry about it. I know what I’m doing.”

“It’s good then. I don’t want to see you getting hurt and space out yourself from us again like you used to….”

Ji-hyo suddenly recalled what had happen in the past. True. She brought herself somewhere far away from everyone after something happen to her. And the only person who is by her side at that time is her manager, Baek Chang Joo. He is the only person that she trusted at that time. But she never thought he will use it to control everything about her until now. Which is why she changed into someone rude as Jong Kook call it. But now that she has Jong Kook, she finally gets to breathe again. She know she can count on Jong Kook should anything happen between her and Chang Joo.

“Ji-hyo ah, did you hear what I said?”

“M-mwuh? Err…sorry…I…..”

“You know what; I think it’s better if we go back to my house. I won’t leave you alone here while you are daydreaming like this.”

“But appa….Let’s go to Jong Kook oppa’s house first. I’m afraid if he starts working somewhere else, appa. I need him by my side.”

Mr Song let out his sigh. After being silent for few seconds, he called his personal bodyguard to come up.

“Yes, sir!” Min Woo, Mr Song’s trusted man appeared at the door.

“Min Woo ah, you know where Jong Kook live right?”

“Yes, sir!”

“Good. Go and find him and bring him back here. I’ll be waiting for the two of you here,” Mr Song instructed.

“Yes, sir!”

“I’m going with you,” Ji-hyo added.

“Ji-hyo ah, let him go and bring Jong Kook here. We’ll just wait here okay?”

“But appa, you’ve fired him. I’m sure he felt bad about it. I don’t think Min Woo oppa can convince him to come here. So it’s better if I go there.”

“Somebody may catch you there, Ji-hyo ah. Let’s try to avoid any news about you okay?” Mr Song stressed his reason.

“Then you come with me, appa. Nobody can create any gossip with you around.”

Mr Song shook his head disbelief. He never thought Ji-hyo love Jong Kook too much that she’s willing to do anything to get him back.

“Please, appa. Let’s go before he goes missing.”

“Aishh! I don’t know what to do with you, Ji-hyo ah……..Fine! Let’s go!”

“Yeay! Thank you, appa. If you hired Jong Kook oppa again, then you don’t have to worry about me anymore. Okay? Love you, appa. You are the best. Hehehe….”

“And you are the hardest girl to handle……Gaja!”

 

********************

 

Jong Kook kept staring at his ticket. He didn’t know if it’s the right thing to do or not. But he knows he needs to go and meet Eun Hye to confirm what stored in his heart. Deep inside, he was frustrated with what happened between him, Ji-hyo and Mr Song. He loves the job and he love Ji-hyo. He even loves Ji-hyo’s family even if Ji-hyo’s mother had always been cold with him. He knows if given some time, Mrs Song will be able to see him like the others saw him. But, too bad things didn’t work out the way he hopes. Though he is not able to be close with Ji-hyo anymore, he promised himself that he will protect her even from far. 

When his flight was announced to board, he looked around one last time before preceded to the gate. Will he ever come back? The question with no answer kept spinning in his head. Only time will tell.

 

*******************

 

When they pressed the intercom to Jong Kook’s apartment, Ji-hyo had a bad feeling when the person who answered doesn’t sound like Jong Kook and stuttered a bit in his answer. But they were still allowed to come up to his apartment. On the way up, Ji-hyo kept herself silent.

“Are you okay?” her father checked on her.

“……..N-neh…….”

“If you are not okay, we can just leave.”

“No!.......I’m fine…..I’m…okay…..”

They reached in front of Jong Kook’s apartment and Jang Hyuk greeted them with smiles.

“Hi! I’m Jang Hyuk,…Jong Kook’s friend….”

“Oh….I’m Mr Song…and this is my daughter Song Ji-hyo….”

They shook hands and Jang Hyuk invited them to come in.

“Erm….sorry to come here unnoticed….We tried to contact Jong Kook but couldn’t reach him. So that’s why we decided to….”

Before Mr Song finished, Ji-hyo interfered.

“Actually Jang Hyuk-ssi, there has been a slight miscommunication between my father and Jong Kook oppa. Then he left my place without talking to me or hearing my explanation. So I understand if he didn’t wanna answer any of our calls but I really hope we can meet him to clear things up.”

“Err…..erm…..yeah….Jong Kook had told me slightly about it but didn’t give too much details. But I can assure you that he is doing fine, and didn’t have any grudge against either of you. He took things professionally and everything was cool. So don’t worry…” Jang Hyuk tried his best to explain about Jong Kook’s condition.

“Ahh….I’m glad then….But….do you know where he is, Jang Hyuk-ssi? We really need to meet him as soon as possible….”

“Actually…….Kim Jong Kook…..is not here….”

“M-mwuh? Mwuh rah goo? He’s not here? Erm…o-okay….So where did he go, Jang Hyuk-ssi? He didn’t go to find a new job right?” Ji-hyo asked in stutter.

“Not that I know….He didn’t say anything about finding a job…But he said he needs time to calm himself…”

“Okay. At least we know he didn’t try to find another job yet, Ji-hyo ah. Jang Hyuk-ssi, if you could tell us where he went, we would appreciate it….”

“I don’t know how to tell you this, Mr Song, Song Ji-hyo-ssi. Jong Kook left the country for Japan…”

“Jap….Japan? He….left?” Ji-hyo questioned, whispery.

“Yes. He left to calm himself before making any decision about his future.”

“But why Japan? Can’t….can’t he just go for a vacation in this country? We have many beautiful places too. Why need to go to Japan? Why did he…..”

“Ji-hyo ah, calm down. Jang Hyuk-ssi, is there any way we can reach him? Maybe you have his number in Japan or know which hotel he’ll be staying?”

“I have no clue at all, sir. Jong Kook is the type of person who will keep everything to himself when he needs to have a peace of mind. But he will keep in touch with me to update about his condition and to make sure no one worries about him. But I’ll have to wait until he contacts me.”

Ji-hyo covered her face with both palms. Mr Song looked worry with Ji-hyo’s condition.

“If that’s the case Jang Hyuk-ssi, I need a big favor from you. If Jong Kook called, please….ask him to contact me at this number,” Mr Song handed his name card to Jang Hyuk then continued, “Please convince him that we are trying to amend the current situation. Just…do anything to make him contact me….Or…if you could get his address in Japan, that’ll be fine. I will go and see him myself.”

“Ohh….I will try my best, Mr Song. I will try to talk to him.”

“Yes, please do. I owe you big time if you do this for us.”

“Oh..don’t mention it…..I know you both are important to Jong Kook as well. So I will try my best…”

“Okay…That’s good then….So….I guess we should make a move now, Ji-hyo ah.”

“Erm…okay…” Ji-hyo answered, shortly.

Jang Hyuk send them to the door but before they walked out of the house, Ji-hyo stopped and turned around.

“Do you know….when he’ll come back, Jang Hyuk-ssi?” she asked.

“……No idea, Song Ji-hyo-ssi….That’s Jong Kook….When he didn’t wanna share anything, better leave him alone until he come back…Or else, things will get worst for both parties….”

“…….I see…..Erm….Can you please tell him that…..I really need to talk to him? If he didn’t want to contact my father, that’s okay….But please ask him to contact me….I’m begging you, Jang Hyuk-ssi…..”

“Ji-hyo ah,” Mr Song tried to calm Ji-hyo.

“Of course! Of course I will tell him about you, Song Ji-hyo-ssi. I’m sure he will call you one day. Just…keep calm okay?”

“….Okay…Thank you, Jang Hyuk-ssi….I’m counting on you then….”

“Ji-hyo ah, let’s go. Jang Hyuk-ssi will know what to do. Thank you very much, Jang Hyuk-ssi. Sorry to trouble you with all this.”

“Eh…it’s okay…Not a problem at all. I will update you any news about Jong Kook, Mr Song.”

“Okay. Thank you again. We’re leaving now. Goodbye!”

“Goodbye! Safe drive.”

Once the door was close, Jang Hyuk rested his forehead to the door.

“Aishh Kim Jong Kook….What have you gotten yourself into now? You are playing with fire and you are dead if Ji-hyo finds out about you and Eun Hye……Aishhhh this man! How could he just leave everything to me? Ughhhh!!!”

 

Thru out the way to her family’s house, Ji-hyo kept herself silent and pretended she’s sleeping. Hearing Jong Kook left for Japan has made herself choking especially when nobody know where he stays and for how long. What if he never comes back? How will she handle that? It was so hard for her to open up to any man and now that she’s comfortable and feels secure with Jong Kook, things didn’t go smoothly for them. She’s upset especially when things were not in her hands.

When they reached the house, Ji-hyo walked like a dead corpse towards her room. She didn’t even greet her mother or responded to her.

“Yah Song Ji-hyo. What happen to you?” Mrs Song asked only to be completely ignored by Ji-hyo. “Oii Song Ji-hyo!”

“Aishh! Leave her alone, yeobo….”

“What do you mean leave her alone? And where have you been since early morning? And how come you came back with her? What happen with you two, jagiya?”

“Aigoo…Don’t you think it’s too early for your nag, yeobo? Better go and make coffee for me…”

“Huh! You asked me to shut up and yet dared to ask for my favor…huh…”

“Hahaha…Please, yeobo…We will talk when things calm a bit okay?”

“Calm a bit? What’s needed to be calm? Jagiya, you are worrying me…”

“Aishhh! I can assure you there’s nothing to be worry about. Go and get my drink.”

Mrs Song turned to walk to the kitchen with pouting lips.

 

Ji-hyo tried to sleep in her room but she kept seeing Jong Kook’s face in her mind. Opening her eyes, she scrolled her phone and found Jong Kook’s candid picture that she secretly snap. She even googled her own name in social media to find the pictures of her with Jong Kook by her side.

(Oppa……what happen to us?........Why did you left without a word to me?.....My father may have made a wrong decision….but it’s unfair to punish me like this……Oppa…..have you forgotten about me this quick? Am I the only one missing you now?........Help me here, oppa…..I need you by my side….Please come back to me…..) Ji-hyo talked in her mind and the moment she closed her eyes, her tears dropped one by one.

 

When Ji-eun walked out from her room in her pajamas, she didn’t notice that her father was in the living room. She walked straight to the kitchen looking for something to eat and walked ou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter