Chap 26 The Truth

THE BODYGUARD.......P/S: I LOVE YOU......
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

As soon as they landed, Ji-hyo turned out to be quiet. She tried to calm herself and keep smiling but Jong Kook knew it was pretentious. Jong Kook himself is getting nervous thinking of what awaits him in the States. No matter what Ji-hyo’s secret was, he hopes he was ready for it.

While waiting for the aircraft to be parked, Jong Kook holds Ji-hyo’s hand one last time, it. Ji-hyo looked up to him.
“Everything will be okay. Let’s just get through it together, okay?” Jong Kook said in smiles.
Ji-hyo bit her own lip, unsure if Jong Kook’s words will be valid the moment he knew the truth.
“Hey! I love you. You know that right?” Jong Kook confessed again.
“……I……Thanks, oppa…….I love you too…..”
Jong Kook kissed Ji-hyo’s hand before finally letting it go.
“Time to be your bodyguard, madam,” Jong Kook teased his girlfriend making Ji-hyo chuckled. That’s a relief for him to see Ji-hyo finally smiles. 

Coming out from the arrival gate, there were some fans who noticed them. Jong Kook started to play his role as Ji-hyo’s bodyguard while Ji-hyo still entertain her fans who waved at her. As long as Ji-hyo is comfortable with her fans, Jong Kook won’t disturb them.
And then Ji-hyo started to look at one particular lady who looked like a Korean in Jong Kook’s eyes. They walked closer to the lady who has been smiling at them.
“Unnie!” Ji-hyo called the lady.
“Hey you!” she greeted warmly.
“Unnie!” Ji-hyo called again and hugged the lady tightly. She even started to cry.
“Omo! Omo! Why are you crying, Ji-hyo ah? You must have missed me so much huh? Hahaha……” And then the lady only noticed that Jong Kook was with Ji-hyo earlier. “And you are……..”
“Hi! I’m Kim Jong Kook. I’m her bodyguard.”
“Ohhh? Bodyguard? I thought you came with your manager, Ji-hyo ah. Is he not working with you anymore?”
Ji-hyo released herself from the lady.
“He resigned,” Ji-hyo stated, emotionless. 
“Resigned? But I thought……”
“It’s a long story, unnie. I’ll explain later.”
“Oh, okay. But I never thought that you’ll come this far with only your bodyguard. Anyway, he is quite good looking. I wouldn’t mind to come this far alone with someone well built like him either.” 
Jong Kook couldn’t hide his proud smiles and Ji-hyo didn’t miss seeing it either.
“Oh! I haven’t introduce myself. I’m Jessie. Jessica actually. But you can call me Jessie,” the lady stated while offering to shake hand.
“Hi! Pleasure to meet you.”
“You too. You are still single, right? Or else I don’t think your wife would allow you to come this far with this beautiful lady.”
“Ah yes,” Jong Kook responded.
“He is single but not available, unnie. You can try someone else,” Ji-hyo interferes.
“What? Single but not available?”
“Yeah! Coz he’s also my boyfriend. Did he not mention that? Ooppsss…..sorry……” Ji-hyo answered in sarcasm.
“Ah……boyfriend……Wait! What? Your boyfriend?” Jessie questioned with shocked expression.
Jong Kook is still smiling when he became the topic of their conversation.
“He’s my boyfriend, unnie. So…..don’t you dare…..” Ji-hyo threatened.
“Huh! As if…………..You know these days even marrying someone doesn’t promise anything till the end right?” Jessie provoked, making Ji-hyo agape.
“Unnieeeeeee…….” Ji-hyo whined. “Do you really have a crush with my boyfriend?” 
“Hahahahah……No, silly! Am I so desperate? I was just testing you. Hahaha……..” Jessie explained.
“Ughhh! Can we go now? Or are we sleeping here?” Ji-hyo questioned, pouting.
“Hahahah…Okay…Okay…Let’s go! My car is out there.”
The three of them walked out of the airport where Jessie’s driver is already waiting for them.

Jong Kook sat in front with the driver while Jessie and Ji-hyo sat at the back.
“Woww, unnie……You must be making a lot of money in the States…..”
“Let say…..just enough for a comfortable life…..”
“Hmm….This is more than enough…..Having your own driver…..”
“Says someone whose life have been escorted by bodyguards, driver, manager, stylist…….” Jessie joked.
“Aishh! That’s not mine, unnie. That’s from my father…..and my label company……If according to me, I don’t need all that….I just wanna live like a normal person….” Ji-hyo expressed.
“Reallyyyyyyy? You hear that, Kim Jong Kook-ssi? She didn’t really need you. Why don’t you come and work with me here, hmm?”
“Yah! That’s not what I meant…...Aishhhh! Stop tempting my boyfriend, unnie……..”
“Hahahahha……You really love him huh? How would you know if he loves you as much as you did?” 
“She just knew,” Jong Kook interrupted in smiles.
“Woww………I’m impressed……..”
“Unnie enough talking about my boyfriend……Are we going to the hospital directly now? Unnie, I want to meet halmeoni first…..”
Jessie’s face slowly lost her smiles.
“Halmeoni is at home. You’ll get to see her when we reach home……”
“At home? But shouldn’t she be at the hospital?”
Jessie didn’t quickly answer.
“…….It’s her wish…….She said, she didn’t wanna die at the hospital……”
“Oh my God……But…….”
“Ji-hyo ah, you know she always hate the hospital.”
“I remembered…..but still……”
“You’ll get to talk to her later. Maybe then you can convince her.”
Ji-hyo threw her view to the outside. Still remembering how it was when she first met the old lady. All the guilt that she had slowly buried finally washing up herself again.

They arrived in front of a beautiful two-storey house. Once again Ji-hyo was amazed at how well Jessie has been living. 
“Wow unnie…..This is a beautiful house. Are you sure you’re not married to a King or something?” Ji-hyo complemented.
“Hahaha….Yah stop exaggerating okay? This is nothing…I bet your house is ten times bigger…”
“Aish unnie. My house is nothing.”
“Enough talking. Let’s go in.”
Jong Kook suddenly pulled Ji-hyo’s wrist softly, stopping her.
“Err Ji-hyo ah. Do you want me to be here right now? I mean, I know you meeting with halmeoni is a bit personal. Besides, it’s been awhile since you last met her. So if you want me to go somewhere else for now, I can leave. I have friends living here.”
Ji-hyo thought it’s a good suggestion if Jong Kook didn’t join her meeting with halmeoni. It’s been a while. They have a lot of explanation to talk about before Ji-hyo could reveal the truth to Jong Kook.
Just before she give her answer, Jessie already called them.
“Come on, people. Talk later.”
All of them walked into the house together. Ji-hyo felt like she’s gonna faint and her heart beat like drumrolls.

Jong Kook when to put their stuffs in the assigned room, while Jessie brought Ji-hyo to meet ‘halmeoni’. Jessie sat next to her on the bed, slowly waking her up.
“……..Halmeoni…….Halmeoni, look who’s here……..” she whispered softly.
The moment Ji-hyo saw the old lady lying helplessly on the bed, she covered trying to control her cries.
Halmeoni opened her eyes and look at behind Jessie. She looked surprise.
“Mwuh?” she tried to voice out.
“Do you remember this beautiful lady, halmeoni?” Jessie questioned  again.
Halmeoni tried to reach her hand out to Ji-hyo shakily. Ji-hyo quickly hold it in her hand.
“……….Halmeoni………” she called, whispery. Her eyes were already flooded with tears. 
“……….Ji……..Ji……….Ji-hyo?...........” she called again.
“……..N-neh, halmeoni…….It’s me…….Ji-hyo………”
“………Jinja?..........”
“Yes……….It’s me, halmeoni……”
“Ohh…..It’s really you……Oh…….Thank you, God……”
“Halmeoni…….” Ji-hyo leaned down to hug the old lady. “Halmeoni, mianhae……Mianhae, halmeoni…….” Ji-hyo apologized in her cries. Her body is shaking from crying.
“………What were you…….sorry for?.......My beautiful……Ji-hyo……is here………What……is there…….to be sorry for?.......” halmeoni stated while Ji-hyo’s back to calm her.
“…….I……should have come……sooner…….But I……I just……I……” Ji-hyo couldn’t talk properly since she’s crying.
“…..But….you finally….came…..right?.....I’m already…….happy….to see you……before…..”
“Halmeoni, don’t…….Don’t say it…….”
“Okay…..Okay…..Let’s not…..talk…..about my…….death……n-neh?”
They both stayed in each other embrace for awhile, letting out their feelings without talking. Finally Ji-hyo straighten up, wiping her tears.
“…….Have you……seen him?.......” Halmeoni suddenly asked.
“……See….wh-h.....”
“……..Your son…….Have you……seen him?.......” 
Halmeoni’s question sounded like a bomb dropped on Ji-hyo’s head. At the same time something fell from behind them. Ji-hyo, Jessie and halmeoni all look at where the sound came from and found Jong Kook standing frozen at the door. Few gifts which were meant for them scattered on the floor.
The scary moment were now in front of Ji-hyo. “……..Op-…paaaa……” Ji-hyo called, whispery. She slowly stand up, trying to walk towards Jong Kook.
“……….A son?.....Really?......” Jong Kook’s voice also became unclear. But his eyes are clearly looking fiery, hurt, shock, everything you can name it.
“Oppa……I can…..I…….” Ji-hyo stuttered.
“Jong Kook ah…..Ji-hyo surely has explanation about this,” Jessie interfered.
“Explanation? Now? What for?” Jong Kook questioned, almost shouting. He then walked away while Ji-hyo chase him.
“Oppa…..I’m sorry….but I…..” Ji-hyo tried to apologize and explain, grabbing Jong Kook’s arms only to be pushed away making her fall to the floor. “Arghh!” she yelped. She is already soaking with tears.
“Having a son is already one thing……But to abandon him thousands of miles away…..only so that nobody know your secret is too much, Song Ji-hyo……”
“…….Oppa……I didn’t have a choice……Oppa, please listen to me……”
“You are too cruel, Song Ji-hyo…..You are-……..harghhh…..” Jong Kook shouted, pulling his hair a bit. “I can’t be here right now……I……I need to leave……” Jong Kook said and continue walking away.
“Andwae! Andwae, oppa! You can’t leave me! You’ve promised, oppa! Oppa!” Ji-hyo tried to gain her strength to chase Jong Kook but was stopped by Jessie.
“Ji-hyo……Ji-hyo ah, let him go…..Let him calm his mind…..hmm?” Jessie tried to calm Ji-hyo in her arms.
“Andwae! Andwae, unnie! He won’t come back if he leave now! Unnie, stop him unnie!” Ji-hyo cries hysterically.
“He’ll come back…….Trust me…..He’ll come back for you, Ji-hyo ah….Hmm? Please hold yourself…..Please….Halmeoni will be worried seeing you like this, Ji-hyo ah……..”
Ji-hyo can only cries her heart out. What she’s afraid about is finally happening. She felt helpless and lonely right now, knowing that Jong Kook will probably leave her for good. 

Outside, Jong Kook just walked faster hoping to leave the house as far as possible. But he was met with a kid aged around six or seven who just hopped off from a car. They both stopped in front of each other. Jong Kook bend down a bit to level their eyes.
“Hi!” he greeted.
“…….Who are you?......” the boy replied in American accent.
“I’m Kim Jong Kook. What’s your name?”
“Lee Yoo Jin…..”
Right on the spot Jong Kook noted that the little boy should be Ji-hyo’s son. He remembered clearly that name. He couldn’t help but quickly pulled the boy into his embrace.
“Are you okay?” the boy asked.
Jong Kook didn’t realize that he’s actually crying when he hugs Yoo.
“Yess…..Yes I’m okay……I’m just…..happy to meet you….”
“……But……you’re crying…….”
“Ohh this?” Jong Kook quickly wipe his eyes. “Err….something got into my eyes….hehe…”
“…….Erm…..Are you, mommy’s friend?......”
Jong Kook was a bit startled to answer. He’s not sure if the boy really knew about his real mother or he was talking about Jessie.
“Yeahh….I’m your mommy’s friend…..Anyway Yoo, I have to go now….We’ll talk again later okay? See you, boy.”
“…..See you….”
Jong Kook left while the boy enter the house.

“I’m home,” Yoo Jin screamed out like he always did.
Jessie is in Ji-hyo’s room, asking her to rest. 
“Unnie,………..that’s him?” Ji-hyo asked.
“Yes. It must be Yoo.”
“Unnie, I can’t meet him right now. I don’t want him to see me in this condition.”
“Okay. Okay. You just…..rest yourself…..I will go and see him….Rest, okay? Don’t think too much.”
With that, Jessie left Ji-hyo in her room. Ji-hyo felt really tired from crying. But she still couldn’t sleep or rest well. Instead of forcing herself to sleep, she slowly walk out from the room stalking the little boy whom she had left for years.
The boy is in the kitchen sitting at the island while Jessie preparing some food for him. 
“So how’s school?”
“Good.”
“Did you have any homework?”
“Erm….but I’ve finished it at school.”
“Really?”
“Erm….”
“Wow….That’s good….Then you can play longer today huh?”
Yoo nodded, still watching Jessie preparing his food.
“Erm mommy, I met someone just now.”
“Someone? Where? Who?”
“Just outside the house. He said he’s your friend.”
“Outside? Is he…..Did he look like a foreigner? Korean?”
“Yes. He’s your friend right? He just came out from this house.”
Jessie assume it was Jong Kook.
“Yes. He’s my friend. I was going to introduce you to him but…..he has something to do….Maybe later okay?”
“Okay…………….Mommy……Is he my father?.............” Yoo suddenly asked making Jessie surprised. Even Ji-hyo was shocked.
“What? Why did you ask that? What makes you think…….”
“He’s surprised when I told him my name. And then he hugged me and he cried….”
“He……He cried?”
Once again Ji-hyo couldn’t control her tears. Her body slides to the floor. Was Jong Kook really upset with her that he even cried in front of her son?
“Mmm….but he denied. He said something got in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter