Chap 28 Bonding Time

THE BODYGUARD.......P/S: I LOVE YOU......
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Sorry for missing in action. I really hope this will give me back my writing passion. Sorry for this boring chapter. I hope the feel will come in the coming chap. Fighting!*

 

By the time Ji-hyo walked down to the dining table, everyone else was already there.

“Omo! Am I late?” she asked.

“Nahh! We’re just about to have breakfast. Come on. Sit!” Jong Kook answered.

“Good morning, aunty!” Yoo Jin greeted with smiles.

“Good morning, Yoo Jin,” she replied hesitantly.

“So how are you feeling, boy? Are you excited?” Jong Kook asked the boy.

“Yes, uncle. I always heard my friends talked about it. But mommy never have the time to bring me there. So I can only listen to my friend’s stories.”

“I see. So today you have to make sure you enjoy yourself okay? So that you can tell your friends about it too.”

“Okay, uncle.”

Ji-hyo was quiet during breakfast. She just enjoyed listening to Yoo Jin’s story despite not comfortable with English language.

 

After breakfast and excuse herself from halmeoni, the three of them left for the theme park. Throughout the journey, Yoo Jin has been talkative and answered everything that Jong Kook asked. He didn’t seem shy like when the first time they met. It was a good sign for Jong Kook and Ji-hyo.

By the time they entered the place, only “oooo”, ”wow”, ”oh my God”, ”wahhh” came out from Yoo Jin’s mouth. He looks impressed with the place.

At first they went to kids rides since they didn’t know if Yoo Jin is up for extreme stuffs. But after a while, it was Yoo Jin who asked for more challenging rides.

And so they went for adult’s rides. Jong Kook always let Ji-hyo to sit with Yoo Jin to make them closer.

“Aunty, are you scared?” Yoo Jin asked.

“Mwuh? Err……”

“Aunty is not scared, Yoo Jin. She loves extreme rides. Did you know that she even jumps from a tall building in Taiwan? She’s a brave woman.” Jong Kook explained.

“Really? Wowww….Aunty is so cool….”

“What? Err…..Oppa, you better not tell lies to my boy…..”

“Hahahah….I did not….I’m just praising you as a brave woman…..Don’t worry, honey…”

Yoo Jin chuckled when he heard Jong Kook called Ji-hyo honey.

During the rides, Ji-hyo was screaming her heart out more than Yoo Jin. But at some part where she saw Yoo Jin looked scared, she put her hands around Yoo Jin to calm him and protect him. Yoo Jin also leaned towards Ji-hyo, closing his eyes. Somehow Ji-hyo felt a light of happiness with their closeness.

 

After taking few rides, they decided to take their late lunch since the queuing and screaming took a lot of strength and makes them hungry again.

But on the way to the restaurant, they passed by a haunted house.

“Uncle Jong Kook, look! It’s a haunted house!”

“Oh yeah…..Have you ever been into one?”

“Never! Can we go inside? I wanna try.”

“Ji-hyo ah, Yoo Jin wanna go into the haunted house.”

“Mwuh? Erhh……You go with him. I’ll wait outside…”

“Ji-hyo ah……This is your chance to be close to your son……”

“With this? I’ll find other way….”

“Hahahahha….Come on, girl….You’re a brave woman right? I’ve praised you a lot in front of him. Don’t downgrade yourself…”

“Yah! Do you want me to faint in front of him? I think he’ll be the one protecting me, not the other way around.”

“Listen! Remember when I kidnapped you and Ji-eun before? Remember how you automatically be brave and protected Ji-eun?”

“But that was different. This….This is real ghost…..”

“It’s no different……..I’m confident that you’ll be okay with him…..”

“Uncle…..Aunty..…Come on!” Yoo Jin shouted.

“You have to come too,” Ji-hyo ordered Jong Kook.

“Ji-hyo ah, this is your time with your son…..I’ll just wait outside…..Just imagine if your son is scared at home and said he saw a ghost, you surely will protect him right? This is the same…..Just imagine like that……You’ll be fine…..”

“But oppa……”

“I love you…….”

“Oppa, that won’t work now….”

“Then I’ll kiss you now….in front of Yoo Jin….How’s that?”

“You…….ssiicckkk!” Ji-hyo cursed.

“Hahahha…..Go! Your son is waiting…..”

“But….”

“Go!”

“Ishh!”

Ji-hyo turned around and walk towards Yoo Jin.

“Uncle, you won’t come?” Yoo Jin asked.

“I have stomach ache, Yoo Jin…Need to go to the washroom. Aunty will come with you….She’s brave…..She loves going to haunted house…..”

“Yah! I’m not that stupid you know! I know what you’re talking about!” Ji-hyo told Jong Kook.

“Hahahahha……Have fun you both…..Just wait here after finish okay? I need to go now….Arhgh….” Jong Kook pretended and ran away.

“Oppa! Aishhh this idiot!” Ji-hyo cursed alone.

“Aunty, let’s go!” Yoo Jin called out while pulling Ji-hyo’s hands.

 

Once they entered, the background sound inside the house is already scary. Yoo Jin stepped ahead but Ji-hyo did not move.

“Aunty, let’s go!” Yoo Jin called.

“Err….erm……”

Yoo Jin grabbed Ji-hyo’s hands and lead the way. When one of the ghosts appeared, they both screamed out loud.

“Arghhh!!” both embraced each other.

But Yoo Jin only took a while to be scared.

“Come on, aunty! He’s not scary at all. Let’s just kick his if he tries to scare us again,” Yoo Jin said.

“Mwuh? ? What….Yoo Jin ah…..What did……?”

“Syhh! Let’s go!”

Yoo Jin lead the way again. And he was fast.

“Yah! Yah Yoo Jin ah! Not too fast….Yah! Aish this boy!”

“Come on, aunty. We need to go fast and shouldn’t show them we are scared. They should be scared of us…..Come on!”

“Aishhh! Slowly……Slowly……..”

Through out the way, it was Yoo Jin who lead and Ji-hyo was screaming hysterically. Yoo Jin was the one who needs to calm Ji-hyo until they finally get out of the place.

“Gahhhhh!!!......Land!.......Land!......Thank you, God…….Thank you…….” Ji-hyo shouted and kiss the floor once she was out.

Yoo Jin was laughing hard watching Ji-hyo. Jong Kook then came closer.

“You guys survived!” Jong Kook said to them.

“Hahahha….Uncle, you lied! Aunty is not brave at all…..She’s screaming all the way like crazy people…..Hahahha…..Aunty is so funny…..”

“Really? So you’re not scared at all?”

“No! I told the ghost that I’m not scared at all. I lead the way and hold aunty. Aunty looked like she’s gonna cry…..gahahah!”

“Oh my God! You’re such a strong boy, Yoo Jin…..I’m so proud of you……Song Ji-hyo, what a shame…..” Jong Kook mocked but only to get hit by Ji-hyo.

“This is all your fault!” Ji-hyo angered out.

“Yah! Yah! What did I do? Hahaha….But it was fun right? Yoo Jin, did you have fun?”

“Yes! Mostly because aunty is funny. She screamed like this ‘Ahhhhh! Go away! Go away!’ And then she shouted ‘Pabo ya! Pabo!’ And then she almost cry…hahahaha…” Yoo Jin mocked his mother.

“Really? Aunty is a funny person…..You’re gonna love her more after this….Right, aunty?” Jong Kook teased Ji-hyo further, winking at her only to make her angrier. “Okay, okay….Now let’s go and eat, shall we?”

“Let’s go!!” Yoo Jin screamed happily.

 

They ate and rest themselves while hearing Yoo Jin’s story. Though did not understand many parts of it, but Ji-hyo was satisfied that Yoo Jin looks happy. At least he didn’t seem awkward with her anymore.

After lunch, they continue playing games and spend time at the park. Just before they exit the place, Jong Kook and Ji-hyo brought Yoo Jin into the shops, asking him if he wants to buy anything.

Yoo Jin walked around in the shop looking at the stuffs. Ji-hyo showed him T-shirts that she wants to buy for him. And just before they make payment, Yoo Jin stopped by the counter and look at the bracelet and rings at the glass top.

“Yoo Jin ah…..is there anything you want?” Ji-hyo asked, completely forgotten if Yoo Jin could understand her. Jong Kook then joined her.

“Hey….Do you want to buy this?” Jong Kook asked.

Yoo Jin nodded.

“But this is for ladies. Let’s go and see things for boys okay?”

“But I wanna buy this…….for mommy….”

“For mommy?” Jong Kook asked again for assurance.

“Umm……Because I love mommy……”

Ji-hyo totally understand that part even if it’s in English. And it felt like she was stabbed. Jong Kook realized her expression and tried to coo her.

“Are you okay?”

“Mmm……”

“You know he didn’t know anything right?”

“I get it…….Don’t worry……Just…..entertain him……”

“Okay……I love you…..” Jong Kook whispered, hoping it’ll calm Ji-hyo. And it works. Ji-hyo felt slightly calm.

 

On the way home, Yoo Jin look really happy. He’s been singing out loud with Jong Kook like they’ve known for years. He didn’t look shy anymore. Ji-hyo felt relieved that their bond is getting closer.

“Yoo Jin, are you happy today?”

“Yes, uncle. I’m sooooooo happy…..I’ve never been to the theme park. Can we go there again next time?”

“Of course! If the time fit, then we all can go together……”

“Promise?”

“Promise……..but only if the time fit, okay?”

“Okay……..Erm…….Do  you think mommy will like my gift?”

Yoo Jin’s question make both Jong Kook and Ji-hyo stunned.

“Aunty, you think mommy will like it?”

“Huh? Err…..ermm…..yes…..”

“Yeay….”

“Yoo Jin ah…..Why did you buy that bracelet?”

“Becausssssse………I love mommy…….And mommy love me…….”

“Ahhh….Of course mommy loves you…..I love you too…..Aunty Ji-hyo loves you too….”

“But…..mommy is my mommy……”

“Ahh right……”

“Uncle and aunty….Are you two married?”

“Me and aunty? Noooo……”

“You are boyfriend girlfriend?”

“Hahahah…..Why did you ask so much?”

When Jong Kook thought Yoo Jin was just being nosy inspecting his relationship with Ji-hyo, the boy brought up something else that shocked both him and Ji-hyo.

“Ermm….Can you marry mommy, uncle Jong Kook?”

Ji-hyo and Jong Kook were totally surprised. Ji-hyo of course were feeling more hurt with Yoo Jin’s request as she understood where this is heading to.

“I want uncle to be my father. I never have a father.”

“Ehem…..Err….Ok-kayyy……You know what, even without marrying your mommy, I can still be your father.”

“But you won’t stay with me. You will go away right?”

“Erm…..I need to go back to Korea because I have my work there.”

“See? You will leave me…….just like my mother…….” Yoo Jin’s voice almost crying.

And Ji-hyo was already numb knowing that her son is talking about her.

“Did you know I have another mother?” Yoo Jin asked.

“Err……yeah……”

“She went to work and never come back…….I hate her……”

Yoo Jin’s confession has deeply stabbed Ji-hyo to the end. Ji-hyo threw her sad view outside. Jong Kook could only hold Ji-hyo’s hand with one of his free hand while the other one steer the car.

“Yoo Jin, you shouldn’t hate your mother, you know…..I’m sure, she will come back and explain to you one day…….No matter what, you have to be thankful….Without her, you wouldn’t be alive…..” Jong Kook tried to put some sense into the boy. It’s hard for him to console both his lover and the little boy while he needs to focus on the road. Peeking through the rear mirror, he saw Yoo Jin at the back looking outside, pouting and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter