Chap 10 Make Up Your Mind

THE BODYGUARD.......P/S: I LOVE YOU......
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Ji-hyo pressed the answering button on the phone while Jong Kook got into the bathroom.

“Yoboseyo!” she greeted.

“Yoboseyo!.....Ji-hyo?” her father quickly asked.

“Heheheh…N-neh, appa….”

“But….did I called the wrong number?”

“A-ni! I just answered Jong Kook oppa’s phone.”

“Ohh…Where is he? He’s alright, right?”

“…..Appa….you love him so much is it? You don’t even ask about me…” Ji-hyo answered in frustration.

“Mwuh? Aish…It’s not like that. Because I called his phone, and you were the one answering, of course I thought something had happened to him. It’s not because I love him more than you. You are my daughter. How can I love an outsider more than you, Ji-hyo ah?”

“Well…who knows right? You’ve been so keen about him since the beginning…”

“What? Okay! Okay! Let’s not talk about him. I don’t want us to have this silly argument. So how are you, Ji-hyo ah?”

“….I’m okay, appa…Just a bit traumatized….but….Jong Kook oppa had slightly injured his arm…”

“Mwuh rah goo? From the incident?”

“….N-neh…”

“Then did he receive treatment from the hospital? Ji-hyo ah, get him to check his injury.”

“He didn’t want to, appa. He said it’s just a small cut.”

“Small or big you wouldn’t know if there’s any infection from the scene…He needs to get a treatment from the hospital!” Mr Song insisted.                                       

“N-neh, appa! I will tell him again. But don’t worry too much, appa…..I’ll be fine…..We’ll be fine….”

“Well you better be. It’s the first time you face something like this right?”

“….N-neh….”

“You know what, I think it’s better if you come back here for tonight. At least we can be with you and help you forget things a bit. You know when you’re surrounded with many people, it’s easier to get rid of the negative thoughts.”

“Going back there? I don’t think so, appa. I’m already tired to go out. Besides, with the news all over, I don’t want to be outside unless I have too…But right now, I just wanna stay here and try to sleep.”

“Ah like that? Okay then. Have some good rest and try not to think about it too much, Ji-hyo ah. It could be just one crazy fan who is obsessed.”

“….N-neh, appa….”

“But if you come back here, your sister will make you feel much better. That’s for sure. You know how crazy she could be. I’m sure she’ll start her delusion act and tell us what she will do if she meets the obsessed fans.”

“Ughh! Then I better not go back there, appa. She’ll make me go crazier.”

“Hahaha! She’ll turn the whole house crazy, not just you Ji-hyo ah.”

“….Yes, that’s for sure appa…”

“Well, your mother is quite shocked when she heard the news.”

“Aish, umma. Just tell her I’m okay, appa. Everything is okay here. I was shocked too, but….Jong Kook oppa is here to accompany me…”

“Ahh….I see…Then what about your manager and Gary?”

“I…don’t really know, appa….When the incident happened, Jong Kook oppa just dragged me to the car and told everyone that he’ll take care of me and keep them updated.”

“Oh really? Then it’s good. I’m sure he knows what to do.”

“Yes, appa.”

“But…will you be okay sleeping alone over there, Ji-hyo ah? You said yourself that you’re traumatized.”

“Ermm….actually appa….ermm…..”

“What is it, Ji-hyo ah? Just tell me. Don’t make me nervous.”

“Actually….I was thinking to ask Jong Kook oppa accompany me for today, appa….”

“Mwuh? Ji-hyo ah……are you sure? Aren’t you scared if he does anything to you?”

“Appa, he’s the one that brought me back from the club, remember? You said it yourself. If he has bad intention, he would have done something to me already. But he didn’t right? And you trusted him more than anyone I ever knew.”

“Ah….yes…You’re right….Well….if you’re comfortable with him around…then I have no problem with that…..”

“N-neh, appa. I’ll be more comfortable if he’s here…at least for today….”

“But you two won’t sleep in the same room right?”

“A-niiiii!! How can you think that far, appa?” Ji-hyo protested although she had slightly thought about it since they are together now.

“I’m just asking….Why do you have to get panic, Ji-hyo ah? Hahahah…”

“A-niya! I’m not panic, appa…..”

“Hahahha…You know what, you’ve changed a bit, Ji-hyo ah.”

“Mwuh? What do you mean, appa? I’m still the same. I don’t think I change at all.”

“Of course you won’t realize it. You used to be quiet in the past and reserved yourself from everything, everyone. Even from Ji-eun. But now, you are even asking my permission for everything you wanna do. That’s a big change, you know? Thanks to Jong Kook then. I’m sure he’s the one who made you like this.”

“Aish, appa! Maybe it’s just about time that I changed, doesn’t have to do anything with him,” Ji-hyo tried to deny.

“Hahahahah…still in denial Song Ji-hyo-ssi?”

“Ah appaaa….Stop ittttt….” Ji-hyo whined like a little girl.

“Look at that! See? See? You are being girly and whiny since Jong Kook arrived, Ji-hyo ah. Still wanna deny it?”

“Aishhh!! It’s no use to stress with you, appa. You still will think whatever you wanna think.”

“Hahahah…Well, that’s because you are still in denial.”

“Huh! Whatever!”

“Hahahaha……Anyway….is Jong Kook there? Can I talk to him?”

“N-neh! Hold on, appa.”

Ji-hyo passed the line to Jong Kook who is already sitting next to her.

“Hello, Mr Song!” Jong Kook greeted.

“Oh! Hello, Jong Kook ah! Personally, I wanna thank you for your help today. Without you, I don’t know what could happen to Ji-hyo at the incident.”

“Aish, don’t mention it, sir. Even without me, I’m sure other bodyguards will do the same. Our work is to protect Ji-hyo, so anyone in my place will do the same.”

“Yes…..but you are more focus and in detail about it…Chang Joo already told me roughly about it. But I’d love to hear from you now.”

Ji-hyo walked into her bedroom, leaving Jong Kook alone on the couch.

“Ahh…Well, Chang Joo hyung received a threat letter from someone unknown. From the letter, we assumed that it’s a girl who is an obsess fan of Gary. She didn’t like the way Ji-hyo treated Gary so she warned her in that letter. And because of that, we took deeper precautions at the event until I noticed this girl who looked suspicious. But we couldn’t arrest her because she didn’t do anything at that time and we didn’t have solid proof. But on the way out of the stage, I saw the girl getting closer to Ji-hyo holding something that looked like a name card or credit card, trying to hand it over to Ji-hyo. I reached just in time to push Ji-hyo away because the card had turned into a blade. Of course it turned chaotic at that time but we asked the guards to catch the girl while me, Chang Joo hyung, Gary and few others including Ji-hyo quickly left the scene. It was a bit panic at that time but once we were out, everything remained calm. So I think the girl is alone in this, not with a team.”

“I see, I’m glad that you were there, Jong Kook ah…….Erm…..Is that all? Did you miss anything?”

“Mwuh? Nnoooo…I don’t think I left out anything,” Jong Kook answered, even wondering if he miss anything out.

“Why don’t you tell me about your injury?”

“Mwuh?” Jong Kook looked at Ji-hyo who is already sitting next to him, biting her nails. Ji-hyo looked back at him, wondering and mouthed ‘what’ to Jong Kook. “Err…The injury is not serious, sir. I don’t think it’s a big deal…”

“Big or small, don’t take risk with it. I want you to go to the hospital after this and get the treatment.”

“What? But…I’m okay, sir. I’ve cleaned the wound. Ji-hyo even helped to put medication on it and bandaged it.”

“Ji-hyo is an actress, not a doctor or a nurse. Yes she maybe acted as a doctor in movies but she’s still as blank as I know her. So please, go and get the treatment.”

“But I’m really okay, sir. It’s not…”

“Yah Kim Jong Kook-ssi!”

“Yes, sir!”

“Are you trying to disobey my instruction now?”

“Aa….a-ni…Of course not…”

“Then listen to me. Don’t be stubborn, Jong Kook ah. I still need your service for a long time. If something bad happen to you, who should I depend to?”

Jong Kook is a bit touching with the appreciation of his boss.

“Jong Kook ah…”

“N-neh?”

“Go to the hospital okay? I’ve been less worried about Ji-hyo since you’re with her now. But I hope you won’t be the person I need to worry about…”

“Ahh….ermm….Yes, sir…I will find the time to go there…”

“Okay! You have too….One more thing….Ji-hyo has told me that she would ask you to stay at her apartment for tonight….”

“Mwuh rah goo? She said what?” Jong Kook was surprised that Ji-hyo would tell about it to her father, even if Jong Kook hasn’t offered to stay.

“Yes…She told me that she wants you to stay at her apartment until tomorrow. That’s a big shock right? I don’t think Ji-hyo had ever done that before. I guess, it’s because of you, Jong Kook ah.”

“Err….but sir….If you won’t allow it, then I can just sleep in the car downstairs. I won’t mind at all. I understand that Ji-hyo may be a bit traumatized but I also understand if you’re cautious about me and her being in the same apartment….”

“Jong Kook ah…..I trusted you, remember?”

Jong Kook was speechless. Did Ji-hyo’s father trust him that much?

“Jong Kook ah, I don’t see any problem about it since Ji-hyo herself felt comfortable with you around. But…….please do not misuse my trust, Jong Kook ah. You know the reason I hired you is because I trusted you so much. Don’t take advantage of my trust,” Mr Song warned.

“Err….yes….Of course, sir. How can I do that to my own boss? I will make sure, you won’t regret hiring me. You have my word, sir!” Jong Kook promised to his boss and himself too, although he didn’t realized what he had been talking about.

“Kure! That’s a relief…..Okay then. I guess that’s all for now. I will call again tomorrow. Please take care of Ji-hyo and yourself okay? Not only from accidents, but also from being the title on the front page,” Mr Song hinted at Jong Kook to take care of his name as well.

“Ah yes! I got you, sir. Don’t worry. We’ll be extra careful.”

“Alright, then. I’m counting on you. So, goodbye for now.”

“Yes, sir. I’ll keep you updated. Thank you again for trusting me with your daughter. Please take care of your health and Mrs Song too.”

“N-neh! Bye!”

“Bye!”

Once hung up, Jong Kook turned towards Ji-hyo.

“What?” she asked while eating her snacks.

“Did you just tell your father that you want me to stay here tonight?”

“N-neh!”

“Why?”

“Coz I want you to stay here tonight.”

“Yes…but why?”

“Because I don’t want to be alone tonight…especially after the incident.”

“Okay…but why?” Jong Kook purposely tested Ji-hyo’s patience.

“Because you are my bodyguard. So you should always be with me, make sure I’m safe and in peace….”

“Even other bodyguards can do that….But why me? If you want, I can ask other guards to stay here.”

“Nooooo!!! Why do you have to make this a big issue? Why keep asking me the reason?” Ji-hyo finally burst out in anger.

“Hahaha…I still haven’t got my answer…Song Ji-hyo-ssi, tell me honestly why do you want me to stay here tonight? Hmm? Or else I’ll ask Chang Joo hyung to come and accompany you.”

“Because you are my boyfriend, pabo! Because I love you! Because I want to be with you alone! Because I want to feel loved by you. Satisfied? Aishhh!! You are so annoying!!” Ji-hyo blasted, already standing up to go into her room.

But Jong Kook quickly pulled her only to make her fall back on Jong Kook’s laps. They both were speechless for few seconds, with Ji-hyo’s anger still boiling inside her.

“….I’m sorry…..I was just teasing you, Ji-hyo ah….” Jong Kook spoke softly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter