Chap 9 We Are Both Scared

THE BODYGUARD.......P/S: I LOVE YOU......
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jong Kook quickly took a bath at his house before rushing back to Ji-hyo’s house. He admitted it was a mistake to sleep in the car. Ji-hyo has a morning schedule today so she’s supposed to look beautiful and get enough rest. Jong Kook should have think more about that then just thinking about pitying her.

But no matter how Jong Kook tried to blame himself, he still couldn’t find the answers to Ji-hyo’s act this morning. She looked shock. She looked as if she’s just conscious from drunk. Did she not remember anything about last night? Or, did she actually regret their moments that night? To think about regretful, Jong Kook felt like he is gonna throw up. Like it or not, he still have to face Ji-hyo. He should man up and ask her about it when he gets the chance.

 

When he arrived, Chang Joo and the team was already there. He got down and greeted everyone before making his way to fetch Ji-hyo upstairs. But Chang Joo had earlier stopped him.

“Err…never mind…Gary already went up there…” Chang Joo told Jong Kook.

“Gg….Gary?” Jong Kook asked in surprised.

“Yes! What’s with the shocking face? It’s not like you never know about Gary and Ji-hyo.”

“It’s not that….It’s just….I never thought Gary would come here…I thought he’s meeting us somewhere else….”

“Hahahah…Then set your mind that Gary can be anywhere he wants to even inside Ji-hyo’s house….because he was expected to always be close to Ji-hyo…”

Ouch! Jong Kook didn’t know why but it felt like Chang Joo purposely tried to annoy him. But he remained calm. He has no room to worry about Chang Joo coz his mind has been wandering about Ji-hyo.

“Anyway, I want everyone to listen carefully. Last night I have received a threat from unknown asking me about Ji-hyo and Gary. I assumed it’s from a girl because the way it was written was like she’s a hardcore fan of Gary,” Chang Joo explained.

“What do you mean a threat? What was it that she sent? A letter? An email? What?” Jong Kook asked in panic.

“It’s a letter.”

“Let me see it!” Jong Kook insisted.

Chang Joo took out the letter from his pocket and gave it to Jong Kook.

 

 

Dear Chang Joo,

Being a manager doesn’t mean you can do anything you want with your artist. I can see clearly that Ji-hyo didn’t have any feelings at all towards Gary oppa. But both of you were using his popularity for your own gain, knowing that many had supported the idea of Monday Couple. I have been following closely not because I’m a fan of Monday Couple. But because I’m a fan of Gary oppa. No! I’m a supporter. And I pitied him. He was always innocent. I get it if he didn’t know how to say ‘no’ or disagree of the idea of being together with Ji-hyo. And I also think that he really loves Ji-hyo so much. That is why he always tolerates with Ji-hyo’s snob act. But not me. I will not tolerate anymore. Either you and Ji-hyo move away from Gary oppa’s life….or Ji-hyo will return Gary oppa’s love just like he deserved.

If….none of this is happening…..Ji-hyo will have to pay for the consequences…I’m watching you both closely…..     

  

Jong Kook looked up to Chang Joo in a serious face.

“Did Ji-hyo knows about this?” he asked.

“No! Gary didn’t know as well. I don’t wanna cause panic between them and makes them uncomfortable for the fans meeting today.”

“But don’t you think you should alert them? At least they will also look around for their safety.”

“You are gonna be with them. And it’s your job to protect them!”

Jong Kook looked at Chang Joo in disbelief. He could sense that Chang Joo purposely put the burden on him so that should anything happen to Ji-hyo, he could be blamed. Of course Jong Kook didn’t have a problem to protect Ji-hyo at all. But the fact that Chang Joo looked like he’s taking lightly about this threat really pissed him.

“Of course I can take care of Ji-hyo. But I need to remind you that I will still be few meters away when they are on stage. What if the person shoots her? How can I protect her in that situation?”

“Huh! Then what? Are you suggesting that Ji-hyo sit on your lap on the stage?”

“If she has too!!!” Jong Kook blew up!

“Chih! You are insane you know that?”

“If being insane could protects her, could save her from anything, then so be it!!!”Jong Kook shouted again although another staff had already tap his shoulder to calm him.

“Oppa!”

Both Jong Kook and Chang Joo looked at each before looking at Ji-hyo and Gary.

“Hyung! What is it with the two of you? What were you guys fighting about?” Gary asked Chang Joo.

“It’s nothing! And….we are not fighting, Gary ah! We were probably lack of sleep so we need to talk loudly to make everyone fresh again,” Chang Joo reasoned out.

“Ahh…I see…Just don’t talk that loud to me, hyung ah….hehehe…” Gary joked around.

“Hahah! Of course not, Gary ah. So, let’s get moving,” Chang Joo said.

Ji-hyo knew something was wrong between her manager and her bodyguard. She kept staring at Jong Kook but Jong Kook never back at her. Ji-hyo got the feelings that Jong Kook is still angry about her reaction this morning.

 

Along the way, Gary, Ji-hyo and Chang Joo had been discussing about the event while Jong Kook stayed quiet in front next to the driver.

“Okay….The organizer has called to inform that the crowd is massive around the stage. So you two have to be close to each other while the bodyguards will surround you,” Chang Joo briefed.

“Oh! So it’s huge than the usual crowd, hyung? Then what about the security? Can our people handle such crowd?” Gary started to show his worry.

“Oh don’t worry about that. The security at the mall had been assigned to control this event. And with our staffs, we should be okay. Besides, those fans are usually just there to see you two, not trying to hurt you in any way,” Chang Joo replied.

“Ah I see. Okay. Then there shouldn’t be any problem. Right, Ji-hyo ah?” Gary asked.

“Huh? Err…..hmm….” Ji-hyo was surprised when Gary called her since she had been daydreaming.

“ Even with the whole security, you two still need to take care of yourself coz the securities can’t see everything in the large crowd. So don’t get too laid back,” Jong Kook suddenly interfered without looking back.

Chang Joo stared at Jong Kook sharply.

“Yes! Of course you still need to beware on your own especially when you’re on stage. Who knows there’ll be some crazy fans who suddenly run towards you. Right? But I’m sure that’s like….0.01% likely to happen….You know you have good fans. So far they never cause any trouble.”

Jong Kook mocked Chang Joo’s statement silently and Ji-hyo didn’t miss any of his reaction.

 

When they arrived at the mall, Chang Joo get out from the car to meet with the organizer first and have few briefings while Jong Kook, Ji-hyo and Gary waited inside the car.

“Ji-hyo ah, should we do any fan service for the fans today?” Gary suddenly asked which awaken Jong Kook from his blank mind.

While carefully checking on Jong Kook’s reaction, Ji-hyo responded to Gary. “What kind of service, oppa?”

“Erm…I don’t know…Maybe you can give me a kiss on my cheek…” Gary answered in blushing smiles.

“Mwuh? Isn’t that like…..too much? It’s not like they buy a ticket to watch such service. We should keep that for our special event.”

“Then how about you tell them that you love me? They’ve been waiting too long for your answer.”

“Oppa…”

“Or maybe you can tell them your answer to my proposal…”

At this point Jong Kook started to get panic coz he remembered that Ji-hyo is actually considering about accepting it.

“……Ji-hyo ah….please don’t do this to me….” Jong Kook talked inside his mind.  

Ji-hyo didn’t miss the way Jong Kook bite his lips.

“…..Oppa….I haven’t really think about it….”

Jong Kook felt relieved. But Gary seems frustrated.

“Ji-hyo ah…..I don’t know what else should I do to convince you about my love….I thought, the few years we were together, you’ve already opened your heart for me.”

“Oppa, you are a good man…But I never felt anything more than a close friend with you. How can I force myself to be with you right?” Ji-hyo explained.

“Close friend? Only that? Harghhhhh!!!” Gary shouted.

“Hahaha! I’m sorry, oppa…..but we can still continue with the fans service….”

“Fine! Who knows, when we often do something for the fans, you will slowly like me….”

“Ahahaha! Oppa, please….Don’t get too stress over this….I never say ‘no’ right? Who knows I will change my mind and give you positive answer on your proposal right?” Ji-hyo teased both Gary and Jong Kook.

Once again Jong Kook bite his lips.

“Okay! I will pray for that, Ji-hyo ah!”

“Hahahah! Fighting!”

They both laughed happily while Jong Kook soaked in sour on his seat.

“Oppa, so what do you plan to do on the stage?” Ji-hyo asked Gary.

“For the fans service? Or for you for real?” Gary joked.

“For the fans service of course.”

“Ahhhh…..It’s a secret….”

“Secret? Yah! You should tell me or I’ll go blank on the stage.”

“Then I’ll kiss you to wake you up,” Gary continue joking.

Jong Kook seriously didn’t like any of it.

“I’ll go out and check the area while waiting for Chang Joo hyung!” Jong Kook suddenly said and quickly got out from the car. He didn’t really meant to be away from Ji-hyo but he couldn’t stand listening to the entire conversation between Ji-hyo and Gary.

“Your bodyguard is really weird, Ji-hyo ah,” Gary said after Jong Kook left.

“Mwuh? Wae?”

“Look at him. He can suddenly lose his temper just like that. Shouldn’t he stay here protecting us?” Gary complained.

“Oppa, he already said he’s checking the place. So he’s still doing his job.”

“I still don’t like him. I don’t know. I think there’s something wrong with him.”

“Hahaha! Oppa, you barely even speak a word with him. How can you judge him like that? He’s actually a nice person. Once you know him, you’ll see.”

“Huh! It’s okay! Only time will tell. But you surely looked like you like him.”

“What? Nooooooo!! Why would I like my own bodyguard?”

“Coz….you are just as weird as him….”

“Yah!! Do you want me to kill you on the stage?”

“A-ni! A-ni! Aishhh! You are getting violence day by day.”

“Hahahah! But you still love me.”

“Of course!”

When the time is up for them to meet the fans, Jong Kook gets ready near the MPV door. He tried to stay focus and watch around, looking for any dubious people. Fans were starting to get down to the carpark so Jong Kook asked the other bodyguards to stay focus and alert. He slightly opened the door to speak to Gary and Ji-hyo.

“Okay! It’s time to move in. I will be walking first, Ji-hyo will follow behind me and then you Gary,” Jong Kook gave instruction.

“Okay, hyung!” Gary replied.

But Jong Kook and Ji-hyo slightly exchanged gaze, talking thru their eyes of their feelings before Jong Kook wears his sunglasses.

“….Oppa….I’m melting with your looks….” Ji-hyo talked inside her mind. She couldn’t deny that Jong Kook is a really good looking guy. And she knows she needs to explain to Jong Kook about her reaction that morning.

 

Once Ji-hyo and Gary walked out from their car, fans were already screaming for them. Jong Kook led them as planned with Ji-hyo and Gary following behind. They kept waving and smiling at the fans until they reach behind the stage. While waiting for the emcee to invite them to the stage, Jong Kook noticed a girl opposite them who looked suspicious. He tried not to look at her directly, afraid that she would notice him.

When Ji-hyo and Gary had been called up, Jong Kook tried to accompany Ji-hyo with intention he could go down to the other side of the stage and meet the girl. But Chang Joo suddenly stopped him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter