Chap 1 Who Is She?

THE BODYGUARD.......P/S: I LOVE YOU......
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was Friday morning when Kim Jong Kook strolled along Myeong-dong with his best friend, Jang Hyuk. He was jobless for the time being and it is always a pleasure for him to accompany his friend wherever he wants to go since Jang Hyuk knew him well to entertain his free time. 

“So, you didn’t get any job yet?” Jang Hyuk said while walking next to his friend.

“Nnnnnopppe!” Jong Kook replied happily.

“Hahah! Yah! Are you just gonna stay at home and wait for someone to marry you? I don’t think your girlfriend would let you to just sit and stay at home for real. What did Eun Hye said to you?”

“Well, she nagged every day. But she didn’t have a choice really. After all, she’s the one who wanna stay with me. I’ve told her many times. If she didn’t like the way I am, she’s free to go. But, it seems like she needs me more than I love her.”

“Yahhh! Weren’t you too harsh on her? I’m sure she’s thinking for your own good. Anyway, how long will you stay jobless like this? I don’t understand your motive either. You knew you were talented in music and I told you I can bring you into the music industry if you want to but you just wanna stay at home. What is it that you want?”

“Frankly, I’m not sure either. I just, wanna stay on my own for the time being until I figure out what to do.”

“Your ‘wanna stay on your own’ had actually took a month already. Time flies really fast you know? Without you notice, who knows you had passed a year without working in the future,” Jang Hyuk advised.

“Fine! Fine! I will find a job later on. I just wanna rest for maybe another month and then starts focusing on work again. You knew what happened to me during my last job. I’m done getting stabbed by the people around me. I need to study about people more before I started to trust them again.”

“Hahahah! I understood your frustration when someone stole your hard work just like that. But, you should show them that they were nothing but a thief. Besides, it’s your fault too. You didn’t want to be exposed as the writer for the songs and that’s where they took advantage of you. Of course nobody would believe it’s your work then.”

“Aishh! Let’s not talk about my past. I get it. I learnt from it. I will make sure no one could mess with me anymore.”

“Hahaha! We’ll see! We’ll see!”

And while they continue walking on the street, suddenly many youngsters were running with their cameras to the front.

“What happened?” Jong Kook asked.

“I don’t know. There must be some celebrities at the front there. These youngsters, it’s like they don’t have any work or life. They sacrifice themselves just to see their favorite celebrities without thinking further about their future.”

“Well….they are still young…I’m sure they will change one day.”

“Yeah! And you should say the same to yourself. Start getting a job!” Jang Hyuk told his friend.

“Hahaha! Arasso ahjussi!” Jong Kook replied.

When they reached in front of a store, a couple was running out from the store with bodyguards guiding them into their car. The fans started cheering so loud that it looked like a concert arena.

“Who was it? Hmm?” Jang Hyuk asked himself while trying to look for the celebrities between the crowds. “Oh…It’s the Monday Couple…”

“Who?”

“Err….this….Kang Gary and Song Ji-hyo. Gary is from the Lee Sang duo while Ji-hyo is an actress. You’ve surely heard about them. Ah, Ji-hyo used to act with Eun Hye in Goong (Princess Hours).”

Jong Kook shook his head not familiar about the actress Jang Hyuk referred to.

“You don’t know her? She’s so famous especially with Gary after they started their love line in a show. They have been named Monday Couple because it started on Monday when they were shooting for the show.”

“I see. So Gary is her boyfriend for real?”

“Nah! That’s what people said. That’s what their fans wanted and hoped for but…..I don’t think so. I mean, Gary may have some feelings with Ji-hyo but….I don’t think Ji-hyo have the same feelings at him.”

“Hahaha! Wow! Since when were you working as psychic? Hahaha!”

“When you have lots of experiences with women, you will know their reaction.”

Just as Jong Kook was laughing at Jang Hyuk’s explanation, he got a brief look at Ji-hyo who seems happy when waving at her fans but her face turned plain the moment she’s inside the car with Gary next to her. Jong Kook couldn’t deny the beauty of Song Ji-hyo and wasn’t surprised why she have many fans.

While Jong Kook was hypnotized by Ji-hyo’s beauty, Ji-hyo suddenly turned her view to Jong Kook and they both switched gaze for few seconds before Ji-hyo’s car drives off.

“Oiii!” Jang Hyuk called Jong Kook to wake him from his daydream.

“Hah? What?”

“What were you looking at? Ahhhh…You were amazed with Ji-hyo’s beauty right? What do you call it? Love at first sight?” Jang Hyuk teased his friend.

“Nonsense! I was amazed with her fans,” Jong Kook lied.

“Hahaha! Yah! Stop dreaming, you have no chance. She already has Gary.”

“As if I wish to be with her.”

“Hahaha! Be careful, man. Who knows if you’ll fall in love with her one day.”

“I won’t, okay? Stop talking nonsense. She’s like way up there in the sky while I’m under the ground. I know my level. I am nobody.”

“Hahah! Let’s bet! The person who lost will need to sponsor for a vacation to the winner.”

“You are crazy, you know? It’s no use, really. But…..fine…I accept it…Deal!”

“Deal! I’m sure I’ll win.”

“Hahahah! Dream on!”

They continue their hangouts until evening.

 

Jong Kook and Jang Hyuk was about to enter a club when Eun Hye called Jong Kook.

“Oww-oww. Lady boss is looking for you,” Jang Hyuk said to Jong Kook.

“Huh! I don’t know what she wants. You go in first, Hyuk-ah. I’ll be right there in few minutes,” Jong Kook said.

“Wokay! See you!”

After Jang Hyuk left Jong Kook, he answered the call.

“Yes?”

“Oppa, where are you?”

“I’m out with Jang Hyuk. What’s up?”

“Oppa, you already went out with him from morning. And you are still with him until now?” Eun Hye, Jong Kook’s so-called girlfriend asked.

“Yeah! Coz if I stay at home and see you, you will only nags at me and give me stress. So I need to be out of the house.”

“Oppa….Why were you harsh like this? Is it so wrong to love you?” Eun Hye asked in sadness.

Frankly, Jong Kook didn’t understand why he feels annoyed with Eun Hye. All he knows, he used to love that girl from 10 years back. And that was before Eun Hye started to be active as an actress. He really thought that Eun Hye was his soul mate. That was until one day Eun Hye only cared for her career and asked for a breakup since she’s already famous. Jong Kook was left devastated even after he begged her. He was totally crushed.

But karma does exist in the world. Eun Hye suddenly came back to him and cried for a second chance. He didn’t know exactly what to do at that time. Half of him was dead for her. But the other half still love her so much. That is why he decided to accept her back. Eun Hye did change a lot for him. Every day she tried to win Jong Kook’s heart again until Jong Kook finally accepted her like the early days.

But now when Jong Kook is jobless, Eun Hye starts to nag about it and it makes Jong Kook pissed every day. Despite that, he still loves her so much.

“I’m sorry. I’m too stressed these days,” Jong Kook reasoned out.

“Then come back. Don’t be out there. I promise I will make you feel better,” Eun Hye tried to convince her boyfriend.

Before Jong Kook could answer, someone suddenly knocked his shoulder and apologized then walked away. It was Song Ji-hyo. Although she tried to hide herself behind the cap and dark glasses, he knew it was her.

“Oppa!” Eun Hye called from the phone.

“Err…..yes?”

“So you’ll come back now?”

“Err….I can’t….”

“What? Oppa, I’m leaving for Japan in few hours.”

“Erhh…Then I’ll see you when you come back okay?”

“I’ll be there for a month, oppa! I told you last night about it.”

“Erm….A month? Err…..It’s okay….Time flies really fast these days…You’ll be back here really quick, don’t worry okay?”

Eun Hye did not answer.

“Eun Hye ah, please understand. Jang Hyuk is having a problem now. I need to be there for him just like he always be there for me. Besides, it’s not like you are leaving for good right?”

Eun Hye still didn’t answer anything.

“Hye ah, I love you. I’ll be counting days for your come back,” Jong Kook tried his luck with his sweet words.

“Really?”

“If you want to confirm it, make sure you come back soon okay?”

“Hmm….I will…You better wait for me, oppa…”

“Errrr….We’ll see…” Jong Kook teased.

“Oppa!”

“Hahahah! Come back soon, Hye ah! Erm…If I’m done with Jang Hyuk early, I’ll catch you at the airport okay?”

“Errr no need! Oppa, it will create scandal in a second.”

Jong Kook felt disheartened. That’s another reason why he’s unsure about Eun Hye. Eun Hye didn’t want to reveal who is her boyfriend and Jong Kook felt like sometimes she’s ashamed to admit to public that he is her boyfriend. But however she played the game, Jong Kook still wanna play along.

“Oppa, are you still there?”

“Yes! I’m here. But I have to go now.”

“Okay. Then I’ll see you after a month.”

“Alright. You take care, okay?”

“Will do. You too, oppa. Ermm….Oppa, it will be a great come back if you get a job by the time I reach home, don’t you think?”

“Eun Hye ah, don’t start.”

“Okay! Okay! I’m just saying. Okay, oppa! I love you…”

“Same here. Good

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter