Chapter 2

The Dark Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

§

 

Minah’s POV :

I always hated school.

Like really.

A LOT

When i first entered college i felt exited and thought it was finally time for freedom.

How wrong was I …

You might think its easy when it really isn’t .
There are so many things to learn, and no matter how interesting they are, it's tiring. Exam period meant sleepless, coffee filled nights for me. If I thought school was hard, university takes it to a whole new level … Also, did I tell you about the numerous pages I had to know by heart ?

Yup, law studies.

It’s a wonder how my brain could absorb all these information.

I can’t even ditch class …You see, i had a hard time getting a scholarship to enter SNU*, so getting kicked out of here is a no no. Also, no matter how hard it is, i’m finally going to accomplish my dream … To become a lawyer.

I always wanted to be a strong woman, one that would help innocent people. Me and Nana went through a lot and no one was there for us, ever. No one deserves to go through what we endured.

I had what you could call phases. Countless phases. I wanted to be a police officer then a soldier and the list goes on… Until I finally made the decision to become a lawyer.
One day, i stumbled on the famous Kiranjit Ahluwalia case. That woman was sentenced to life prison after burning her husband alive. After the hard work her friends and a women activists to prove her innocence, she was released. They proved the ual, physical, and mental abuse she went through. Her story shook me to the core. After all the suffering she went through finally she was free to lead a normal life.

Almost like in a movie right ? With the happy ending and all …
But what about the other woman ?Those that did not or will never have their happy ending ?
Some die silently, without making there voice heard. And let’s not even talk about cases, e acts and slavery.
I wanted to help those women, I wanted to help this children, this people that had no voice or chance. I wanted to become their voice. 
But I didn’t know it wasn't that easy. 
Oh well, great things take great time and efforts.
I didn’t realize that Kris was calling me until he shook my shoulder.

" Minah ? Are you sure you’re okay ? You were spacing out right now " He asked

" Oh sorry …It's just that … I just don’t want to go to class " I mumbled, looking away

" Ow come on you’re not gonna act like you used to in high school !!! You’re in college Minah " He said, rolling his eyes

" I know but still …" a pout forming on my lips

" Come on, I will treat you to lunch later okay ? KFC ? " He proposed

Oh he knew me too well

"YES !!!! " I cheered

" Ah, you and you’re chicken obsession … Even you’re alarm clock is a chicken song ", he said before pointing my nose.

I shrugged " Leave me alone … Everybody has an obsession after all "
" Yeah but you’re the only one who is obsessed with chicken ", he mocked me

" Well makes me special right ? " i grinned, wiggling my eyebrows

He ruffled my hair, chuckling before we got out of the car.

Time for class.

Kris POV :

Ah that girl really …

I still wonder how she became my girlfriend.
She is a breath of fresh air, an untainted flower. A single smile from her could enlighten you're day. No matter how stubborn and childish she can be, she has the purest heart. I always wondered how she could keep that innocence, because let's face it, this world is erted. Evil is everywhere, but then, she taught me it was all about the way you see things. If there is evil, there good, for they can not exist without each other.

 What about me ? Well, I ... I was the opposite.
I’m far from being innocent, and I never expected to find happiness to be honest. Where i come from, everything is just dull, dark. She was the light in the darkness, she showed me that happiness exists, for each and every one of us, even me, though I still believe I don't deserve it.

Turning my gaze towards her, i watched as her beautiful long hair swayed from left to right as she walked. How her gorgeous dimples would appear every now and then when she smiled, how her eyes twinkled when she laughed.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter