Chapter 22

The Dark Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

" Hahahahahahaha " I bursted out after a moment, holding my stomach.

 

I couldn’t help but laugh.

 

It was indeed out of place and extremely weird to react like this when somebody tells you they are in a gang.

 

I guess it was too hard for me to accept that my best friend, that I had known for years was in a gang.

 

Nuh uh.

 

" Stop joking Dara "  I chuckled hitting the arm of the horrified lady next to me, with her eyes almost coming out.

 

" Do I look like I’m joking Minah ? " She said, raising a eyebrow at me.

 

I shook my head " Are you serious ? You " I pointed at her, going from top to bottom, from her leopard suit to her innocent face " A gangster ? Then I am a princess alright " 

 

I leaned in my seat, crossing my arms.

 

I guess being tired really brought out my sass. 

 

Dara scoffed, ruffling her hair, obviously annoyed.

 

She turned to me " You want me to show you ? Fine " 

 

She suddenly turned the wheel to the right, and stopped in a quiet deserted street.

 

 

" What- " I started but  stopped in my tracks when she she started zipping down her cloth.

 

" What the hell are you doing ? " I yelled, bewildered.

 

This is all too wrong.

 

A car parked in a deserted street with a girl undressing next to another one.

 

She didn’t listen to me though, silently peeling of her tank top, leaving her in her bra.

 

At this point, I shielded my eyes with my hands, squealing.

 

" Dara ! For the love of god ! What is wrong with you ? " 

 

" Just look Minah " 

 

Taking a deep breath, I uncovered my eyes and faced her.

 

Her back was in front of me, the pale skin almost shining with the dim light.

 

There is one thing that I always found odd with Dara. She always refused to change in front of me, go to the sauna together or even to the beach or the pool. I used to think it was just her being prudish, but I guess not after all.

 

In the middle of her back, was a tattoo. 

 

It was a wolf, precisely a howling wolf. 

 

The lines drawn in a deep black ink weren’t straight like the traditional tattoos you were used to see, they were almost maori style tattoos. But the wolf, formed with complex loops only had his front paws. In fact, it looked like it was not finished.

 

I gaped in front it.

 

" Dara "  I strated " When did you get this ? You’re not the type to … " 

 

She exhaled loudly 

 

" There are things you don’t know about me. The Dara you see everyday is only a part of me. "

 

I gulped, feeling a knot in my throat.

 

" You mean you lied to me ? This whole time ? " I held my forehead

 

Dara caught my hand, forcing me to look at her 

 

" I didn’t lie. It’s just that I never showed you this side of me. The less you knew the better it was " She said, with a soft voice.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter