Chapter 7

The Dark Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Today was the first day it snowed. 

 

Sitting near my window I kept on looking at how the snowflakes were already slowly falling down in loops. The window’s border was surrounded with ice, through the glass we could see the city turning white. My breath, at the contact of the cold glass turned into mist , as I rested my head on top of it, unfazed by the cold.

 

I should have been happy … Snowman time, Hot chocolate and Soup.

 

But no.

 

I felt lonely .

 

I miss Kris.

 

It has been 4 days, 12 hours since I last saw him and still no news. I 

would check my phone in hope to at least receive a hi but still nothing came.

 

It felt as if something was missing, like a car without a tyre, a tree without it’s trunk.

 

The gloomy expression on face wouldn’t leave, despite nana’s and Dara’s attempts to cheer me up.

 

Sighting, I made my way to the bed, letting myself fall on my back, facing the ceiling.

 

Glancing at my bed side table I saw the picture frame I kept dearly. It was a picture of me and him on our first date. Reaching for it, I raised it in the air, remembering that amazing moment

 

 

Flash back

 

 

 

My room was a mess, as if a tornado passed by. 

Clothes, shoes, undies … Everywhere.

 

Hello I’m the tornado.

 

Today was my first date with Kris, and I had nothing to wear … 

 

Great.

 

I was currently digging in my closet, hunting for an acceptable outfit
Since it was my first date, I truly wanted to mark that event by looking nice . Problem is, I was a fashion hole and didn’t had any sense of style.

 

"YAH MINAH !!! " a chirpy voice called. I turned around, a mass of clothes still on my hand.
Nana and Dara were both at the door, looking at me, a mischievous glint in there eyes

 

I palled, knowing what was about to come

 

"You brat !!! You can’t even make yourself presentable " exclaimed nana shaking her head, giving me a judgmental look.


"Meh … I guess me and Nana will have to take care of this " Dara gave me an evil smile, her then pink braces appearing , while fixing her glasses. At that time, she was , what you can call a nerdy teenager, that loved pulling her hair in to pigtails and had huge glasses that covered half of her face. 

 

I slowly made my way back, my gaze jumping from her to Nana, racking the room, trying to find a way out.

 

Before I even knew it, I was sat down on a chair, while four hands started working on me. My hair was pulled, they even tried to blind by putting some weird stuff on my eyes ! 


Everything happened in a blur, and by the end, I almost just felt dizzy, hoping for this torture to end soon.

 

"VOILA !!! " Clapped Dara, giving me an appreciative look, high fiving nana « Look at yourself now «


Slowly turning to my left, I finally saw myself in the mirror.

 

" KYAAAAAAAAAA "

 

Both looked at me with owl eyes, holding there ears


" Why are you screaming ? "


I kept looking at myself in the mirror with wide horrified eyes. My hair was now curly, reaching my shoulder. I had some makeup on, although very light ( didn’t let them do much on that part ). In fact, the whole thing was pretty okay, aside from my attire.

 

" I am not wearing a dress !!! " I shrieked, already trying to remove the dress.


Glancing at each other Nana and Dara jumped to get a hold of my arms. 

 

Trashing around I tried to free myself


" Yah !!!! You have to wear this dress " screamed Nana


" N to the O ! " I said still shaking widely.


I HATE dresses. I hate them more than anything in this world. It’s uncomfortable, and makes you feel cold down there.


Dara who was holding my left side successfully pinned me on the ground while Nana sat on me.

 

Ding Dong

 

We all stopped moving, looking at each other before scrambling up.

Kris was here .

And I was looking terrible


" I can’t go out like this !!! " I panicked but they were already dragging me to the door .


" Stop being silly you look perfect " Said Dara rolling her eyes


" Yeah we did a perfect job " added nana


Before I could react, the door flew open, revealing my date.


To say he was handsome was an understatement.

He was wearing a white shirt that outlined his toned torso. Black jeans covered his lower body and dark shoes shined at his feet. A few bracelets were worn around his wrist while his hair was styled in spikes above his head. When he looked at me, I think my soul left me.

 

" Hey Minah " He said giving me a smile

 

God have mercy

 

" H-hi " I mumbled dazzled, blinking.

 

There was a minute of silence where we kept staring before Nana cleared . We both looked away blushing.

 

" Hello mam " He bowed


" Hello young man " She responded with a smug smile.

She stared at him, from head to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter