Chapter 23

The Dark Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Author’s POV :

 

My ears were filled with the sound of gunshots, screeching tires and my fast beating heart.

 

The only thing I could do was hold on my seatbelt for dear life, while watching my best friend maneuvering the wheel, inn order to escape our assailants. 

 

They were closely tailing us, occasionally bumping in the back of the car, almost making us bump our heads.

 

I could barely register the unstoppable flow of curses coming from Dara’s mouth.

 

In fact, I don’t even know how I managed to yell the most logical question in this situation 

 

" WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS ? " 

 

She barely glanced at me before answering back.

 

" Luppos, they found us "

 

I sharply breathed out, looking back at the SUV behind us.

 

Sure enough, the front of the car was covered with a drawing of a wolf, like the one Dara harbored in her back. The only difference, is that the silver lined wolf was complete, with all his paws and tail.

 

Our car suddenly turned to the left, not minding the red light and barely avoiding a truck.

 

" YAAAAA ! " I screamed, holding on the seat for dear life " Are you trying to get us killed ? "

 

" I am trying to save our asses stupid " She looked back, and groaned, seeing Luppos still after us.  

 

She shook her head " This won’t do " She mumbled, before eying at me " Mina … Do you know how to use a gun ? "

 

 

I almost chocked, glaring at her " Do I look like I could ? "

 

More bullets came raining our way, shattering our back window.  I hid my head in my arms trying to avoid the shards of glass.

 

Oh god please, if I get out of this alive I devote my life to you and even become a nun. 

 

" MINA ! "  Exploded Dara, speeding up, the car roaring  " Shoot them ! " 

 

" Noooo ! "  I pleaded, still hiddind my face " I don’t even know how to use that thing ! " 

 

She caught my arm, and pulled it down " ing do it " She growled, her eyes still on the road.

 

I jolted at her grip, before grabbing the gun with shaking hands. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter