Chapter 6

The Dark Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Minah’s POV :

 

After the interview I headed straight to Sunshine coffee where I was supposed to meet Dara.

 

Ordering a latte, my mind drifted back to Mr Choi. 

 

That man was strange to say the least. No matter how handsome he was, he had seemed to be a bit too mysterious. Everybody has secrets, even me, but his seemed to be out of the ordinary. The way he behaves, talk, move … It was just so different, almost too graceful. How can one of the boss in the biggest company in Korea is not known ?

 

 His question really caught me of guard. It has absolutely nothing to do with the context, and furthermore, it was just odd to ask about killing or not.

 

I made a mental note to myself to do some researches about him after this.

 

I glanced at the TV in front of me, sipping my drink.

 

" Yesterday night 5 bodies were discovered near a deserted building, their vital organs were missing. The victims were aged between 18 and 25 years old. This is not the first time bodies with missing organs were discovered, the police suspects an organ traffic "

 

Pictures of the police and blurred dead bodies were shown, before the reporter started presenting the different theories about the murders. 

 

I frowned … This is not the first time I hear about organ traffic, last week they also found 3 other bodies.

 

" Minah "

 

 

Turning my head, I found Dara standing in front of me.

 

 Her hair, tie in a bin, was still wet from the shower she probably took before coming. She wore her big round glasses and her oversized sweater.

 

Smiling at her, I stood up, embracing her. Since I was taller than her, I had to bend to rest my head on her shoulder. I think this hug was more than needed, after all the drama.

 

"  I missed you so much Tokkie "  I mumbled

 

I really did, since the day Kris and I fought we barely had time to talk. We sat, facing each other.

 

She my back in a motherly way.

 

" Aww Minah baby …. I’m sorry for what happened last time . I tried calling you and even came to your house but you weren’t there … " 

 

" It’s fine "  I held her hand "  I just really need to talk to someone right now, and only you can understand " 

 

We settled down next to the window, facing each other.

 

I told her everything, from the email I received, Kris’s strange behavior to my interview. It felt so good to finally open my heart to someone. I could have told Nana but she had too much work these days and she would just end up telling me I was overreacting.  

 

"  And right now, I still can’t reach Kris. I even went to his house but nothing … I don’t know if he’s okay and I m freaking scared " My voice was trembling by now, and I hid my face in my hands, exhausted.

 

Dara listened everything I said, letting me pour my heart out. She would only nod her head or hum.

 

" What a head "  She exclaimed, rolling her eyes when I finished talking. 

 

" Don’t call him that " I said, half heartedly. As much as he angered me, no one had the right to curse him.

 

Mumbling under her breath she held my hand with a forced smile

 

" Listen Minah, I’m sure he is okay, maybe he has a business to finish ? Or something important ? Don’t worry "

 

I shook my head " Seriously ? What if something bad happened to him ? What if ... " I started, agitated

 

She tightened her grip on my h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter